Thread: Infrastructure?

Infrastructure?

It does not surprise me one bit that residents of Kennedy Ct are having sewage and drainage issues. For as long as I have lived in this town (24 + years), it has been evident that the individuals that "run" this town have not one regard for infrastructure development as this town has grown. Rather than being stewards of smart growth principals, the mantra seems to be build now and worry about problems later.
    Just look around. This town has built subdivision after subdivision after subdivision with absolutly zero thought or regard to the infrastructure required to PROPERLY support the growth.
    Now we have problems as a result of the growth which are going to take many years and millions of taxpayer dollars to repair, if they ever are repaired at all.
    We build a new pump station and cant use it properly because rather than improve the infrastructure as we grow, the town ignores the problem and leaves miles and miles and miles of old water lines in the ground. They then pass the blame to someone else and try to act as saviours when it becomes a major problem. We end up paying for it in lack of adequate fire protection and still very low water pressure problems throughout the town. The town says " low water pressure, must be a drought, sorry call ECWA"
    Residents in many areas suffer through major flooding problems (Lancaster wetlands). The town says "not our problem".
    Residents of Kennedy CT have raw sewage in their houses, and the town says "we did not know, sorry. it is not our problem".
    Until we elect a town government that truly cares about the people and about smart growth, things will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by 4achange View Post
    It does not surprise me one bit that residents of Kennedy Ct are having sewage and drainage issues. For as long as I have lived in this town (24 + years), it has been evident that the individuals that "run" this town have not one regard for infrastructure development as this town has grown. Rather than being stewards of smart growth principals, the mantra seems to be build now and worry about problems later.
    Just look around. This town has built subdivision after subdivision after subdivision with absolutly zero thought or regard to the infrastructure required to PROPERLY support the growth.
    Now we have problems as a result of the growth which are going to take many years and millions of taxpayer dollars to repair, if they ever are repaired at all.
    We build a new pump station and cant use it properly because rather than improve the infrastructure as we grow, the town ignores the problem and leaves miles and miles and miles of old water lines in the ground. They then pass the blame to someone else and try to act as saviours when it becomes a major problem. We end up paying for it in lack of adequate fire protection and still very low water pressure problems throughout the town. The town says " low water pressure, must be a drought, sorry call ECWA"
    Residents in many areas suffer through major flooding problems (Lancaster wetlands). The town says "not our problem".
    Residents of Kennedy CT have raw sewage in their houses, and the town says "we did not know, sorry. it is not our problem".
    Until we elect a town government that truly cares about the people and about smart growth, things will never change.

Must be run buy the unions and liberals!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Thread Information