Thread: Administration Proposes new tax oops I mean Fee

Administration Proposes new tax oops I mean Fee

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-101...PoliticsandLaw

The Obama administration is proposing a new fee on Wireless spectrum. First the government says they own the Electromagnetic spectrum and sells the spectrum to companies the last sale netted the gov 19 Billion. Now the government wants to tax that spectrum that they sold.

You may think they are just taxing the companies that bought the spectrum but the people who buy products and services from those companies will be the ones to pay the taxes. This in reality will be another tax that every cell phone user will pay.

Personally I do not know how the government initially got the ownership of the natural spectrum, but they are men with guns that are willing to use them to take that natural spectrum.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim.fsp View Post
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-101...PoliticsandLaw

The Obama administration is proposing a new fee on Wireless spectrum. First the government says they own the Electromagnetic spectrum and sells the spectrum to companies the last sale netted the gov 19 Billion. Now the government wants to tax that spectrum that they sold.

You may think they are just taxing the companies that bought the spectrum but the people who buy products and services from those companies will be the ones to pay the taxes. This in reality will be another tax that every cell phone user will pay.

Personally I do not know how the government initially got the ownership of the natural spectrum, but they are men with guns that are willing to use them to take that natural spectrum.
    Did you know that the government is making okver $600 BILLION from this digital transition???
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim.fsp View Post
    Yes but don't overlook the possibility of the competitors' offering substantial savings plans to new customers in order to gain business. The consumer may come out ahead on this one.

Thread Information