Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Kennedy take a landslide victory in the Primary

Tim Kennedy take a landslide victory in the Primary

Tim Kennedy took a 64%+ victory over Paul Sullivan in the District 2 primary this evening. It was possibly the most closely watched and contested race of the entire legislature.

I will say that I was very proud to bring Tim a better than 3 to 1 ratio in favor of Tim Kennedy from all of South Cheektowaga and Sloan... the areas I was focused in.

It was a long day for all of us.... and a battle well fought.

Cheers to EVERYONE in District 2!
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Re: Tim Kennedy take a landslide victory in the Primary

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    Tim Kennedy took a 64%+ victory over Paul Sullivan in the District 2 primary this evening. It was possibly the most closely watched and contested race of the entire legislature.

I will say that I was very proud to bring Tim a better than 3 to 1 ratio in favor of Tim Kennedy from all of South Cheektowaga and Sloan... the areas I was focused in.

It was a long day for all of us.... and a battle well fought.

Cheers to EVERYONE in District 2!
    I think the George Holt race was watched more closely, but never the less Congratulations to Tim Kennedy and all his supporters. I'm sure Tim appreciates all your efforts in Sloan and S. Cheektowaga Reform.
    It is now time for us to band together as Democrats and residents of District 2 and support Tim. We all need to watch him (and the rest of the legislature) very closely to make sure that they are doing what is right for us, and if not, we need to speak up.
    This is a very critical year for the legislature as their are quite a few new faces coming on board in January. It will be interesting to see how they work together and vote on the issues.
    For those of you who doubt the "taxpayer revolt"..ponder this: Their are most likely going to be 10 NEW faces on the legislature (thats 2/3rd's), a new Comptroller and new Sheriff. How do you explain that?
    Last edited by Joegecdist2; September 14th, 2005 at 08:34 AM.

Re: Re: Tim Kennedy take a landslide victory in the Primary

Originally posted by Joegecdist2

For those of you who doubt the "taxpayer revolt"..ponder this: Their are most likely going to be 10 NEW faces on the legislature (thats 2/3rd's), a new Comptroller and new Sheriff. How do you explain that?
    Ummm....didn't they all quit? They certainly would have been re-elected had they ran. The taxpayer revolt exists only in the minds of political poseurs all over this message board.

Also....I am VERY happy that Cindy Locklear won. She knows her ****.

Re: Re: Re: Tim Kennedy take a landslide victory in the Primary

Originally posted by ERIEMAN
    Ummm....didn't they all quit? They certainly would have been re-elected had they ran. The taxpayer revolt exists only in the minds of political poseurs all over this message board.

Also....I am VERY happy that Cindy Locklear won. She knows her ****.
    Yes why do you think they quit? They knew they were in trouble and didn't want to be humiliated in the primaries!!
    Cindy is going to be great..she knows her stuff and she won't accept any BS..watch and see!

So 1/3 of the district don't agree, but w/o the politically connected JOBS, he would have lost.

No real revolt happened anywhere, because the political machine in Erie County and NYS is still king due to Patronage JOBS.

Good luck to Tim...He'll need it ad citizens see less services and MORE TAXES coming our way. He won't be very popular outside the politically connected crowd.

BF

Originally posted by buffalofamily
    So 1/3 of the district don't agree, but w/o the politically connected JOBS, he would have lost.

No real revolt happened anywhere, because the political machine in Erie County and NYS is still king due to Patronage JOBS.

Good luck to Tim...He'll need it ad citizens see less services and MORE TAXES coming our way. He won't be very popular outside the politically connected crowd.

BF
    What a stupid comment. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Originally posted by ERIEMAN
    What a stupid comment. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Erieman..jeez...don't be so negative. He has a right to his opinion.

Originally posted by Joegecdist2
    Erieman..jeez...don't be so negative. He has a right to his opinion.
    That wasn't negative at all. It was a stated fact. BF has no idea how politics works. I posted that fact along with MY opinion that it was a stupid and thoughtless comment.

Originally posted by buffalofamily

BF
    hahahaha

hahahaa... ahahaa... This is so intelligble it almost hurts.

HEY! BF! I got to meet your buddy Mark Schroeder for the FIRST TIME yesterday.. FINALLY! Guess whose campaign I'm going to work on next!

You won't meet a more honest and sincere guy than Mark Schroder. Kennedy comes close though.
    They are exactly what we need and thank God they both beat Paul Sullivan.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by ReformWNY

HEY! BF! I got to meet your buddy Mark Schroeder for the FIRST TIME yesterday.. FINALLY! Guess whose campaign I'm going to work on next!
    HAHAHAHAHA! Fantastic.
    You won't meet a more honest and sincere guy than Mark Schroder. Kennedy comes close though.
    Absolutely.

Sully received Cheektowaga Times endorsement

Did you guys know that Paul Sullivan was endorsed by the Cheektowaga Times?

County Legislator, 2nd District: Incumbent Tim Kennedy vs. Paul V. Sullivan. Both candidates recognize "nine distinct neighborhoods" in the district and note that each area has its own needs. Kennedy’s youthful energy is a plus, but he seems to have too many ties to old-school politics that generated a stagnant county long before the current fiscal mess. However, we want to make it clear that we don’t fault him for the current situation. Still, we like Sullivan’s no-nonsense approach and his pledge not to bow to political pressure. Sullivan earns our endorsement.

Oh well....guess it doesn't matter now

Hi Joe

So did Wroblewski, same issue.

When I saw it I thought it would be the "kiss of death" for me in So. Cheektowaga. But not so.

Cindy

Way to pay attention. That was like a month ago.

The Cheektowaga Times guy came to interview people while I was handing out palm cards. I talked to him. He said "You know, we Endorsed Sullivan - It's going to be a close race." I replied "No, It isn't. You have no concept of what the pulse of this community is, and what they want. It will be a landslide in favor of Kennedy." Someone owes me a beer.

Anyway, The Cheektowaga times is very biased, and they print, normally what the town board wants them to print... which surprised me on the Sullivan endorsement.

PS: How big was Sully's ad in the paper? haha

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information