Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS - Top Democrat Warns: We've only uncovered the beginning and more to come

IRS - Top Democrat Warns: We've only uncovered the beginning and more to come

Get your popcorn ready, even top Dems are bracing for alot more of the Obama Scandals to come out in the coming weeks.

Senior Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, who recently slapped Obamacare as a "train wreck," believes that the IRS scandal is just beginning and that "a lot more" damaging information will be revealed, likely at congressional hearings.

"I have a hunch that a lot more is going to come out, frankly," Baucus, whose pending retirement seems to have freed him up to speak bluntly, told Bloomberg Government's "Capitol Gains" TV show.

"It's broader than the current focus. And I think it's important that we have the hearings, and I think that will encourage other information to come out that has not yet come out. I suspect that we will learn more in the nxt several days, maybe the next couple three weeks which adds more context to all of this," added Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/democr...rticle/2529913
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Since he got re-elected all he has cared about is gay marriage, Immigration and Gun control. Now all of a sudden its "lets not get distracted, lets talk jobs"

I'm glad he finally remembered the economy was an issue though

ROFLMA
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Since he got re-elected all he has cared about is gay marriage, Immigration and Gun control. Now all of a sudden its "lets not get distracted, lets talk jobs"

ROFLMA
    Meanwhile, the Republicans just voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act for the.....37th time? How's that laser focus on jobs working out Mr. Speaker?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Meanwhile, the Republicans just voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act for the.....37th time? How's that laser focus on jobs working out Mr. Speaker?
    If you mean John Boehner, I am not a fan. although if I had to chose between him and his counter part, Nancy Pelosi I would probably taker the lesser of the two evils. How she got elected anything is a mystery to me. That women is brain dead, IMO. At the end of the day my cat or mickey mouse is more likely to receive my vote then either of them.

We have had this conversation before cheerleader. I am not a republican. You bringing up someone totally unrelated to the thread and a situation totally unrelated to the subject matter of the thread is pointless.

I am not like you claiming to be an independent then slamming everything one side does while cheering and making excuses for the side I am really on.

As another poster eloquently put it, "Obama is a black George Bush". Two incompetents back to back.

Now that the partisan cheerleading is done back to the subject matter.

I have been outraged that for almost a year now with record deficits, record unemployment, record numbers of people on food stamps etc etc etc all that has came out of the white house is Gays, Immigrants, and Guns. All important issues no doubt but not issues that should be the main focus of the whitehouse with all the poverty and deficits going on.

Now suddenly our fearless leader has gotten religion and decided "oh ya, that economy thing is important" Sad thing is people like you and some in the media will probably just run behind him.

He dangles new shiny keys at you people and you get like my cat chasing the laser pointer light.

The latest:

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) official who apologized for targeting conservative nonprofit groups for extra scrutiny is married to an attorney whose firm hosted a voter registration organizing event for the Obama presidential campaign, praised President Obama’s policy work, and had one of its partners appointed by Obama to a key ambassadorship.

IRS Exempt Organizations Division director Lois G. Lerner, who has been described as “apolitical” in mainstream press coverage of the IRS scandal, is married to tax attorney Michael R. Miles, a partner at the law firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan. The firm is based in Atlanta but has a number of offices including in Washington, D.C., where Miles works.

The 400-attorney firm hosted an organizing meeting at its Atlanta office for people interested in helping with voter registration for the Obama re-election campaign.
    Ads by Google

This is not the first of Lerner’s connections to the president to surface. Earlier this week The Daily Caller reported that Lerner personally signed the tax-exemption approval for a shady charity run by Obama’s half-brother, after an inexplicably brief one-month application process.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/em...#ixzz2TljBRKXi
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

... You bringing up someone totally unrelated to the thread and a situation totally unrelated to the subject matter of the thread is pointless.
    You brought it up, when you said: "Now all of a sudden its "lets not get distracted, lets talk jobs." I'm glad he finally remembered the economy was an issue though" The President has done a lot to advance our economy, and has been stonewalled at every turn by Republicans in Congress. They reliably blocked the Small Business Jobs Act, domestic jobs, infrastructure jobs, jobs for veterans, etc. They denounced the Stimulus, while taking credit for the jobs created by it. Then the GOP forces the Sequester to take effect, despite all the President's efforts to avoid it. It's the GOP who has been bringing up one fake scandal after another, trying to distract from the fact that they are the ones in a position to act, and are purposely doing nothing just to spite this President.

I am not like you claiming to be an independent then slamming everything one side does while cheering and making excuses for the side I am really on.
    I deride the President for plenty of things, but not for his efforts and unquestionable results on the economy. You seem content defending the side renaming post offices and reaffirming the National Motto while deriding the only 'side' actually trying to fix the economy. If anyone's cheerleading, it's you.

I have been outraged that for almost a year now with record deficits, record unemployment, record numbers of people on food stamps etc etc etc all that has came out of the white house is Gays, Immigrants, and Guns. All important issues no doubt but not issues that should be the main focus of the whitehouse with all the poverty and deficits going on.

Now suddenly our fearless leader has gotten religion and decided "oh ya, that economy thing is important" Sad thing is people like you and some in the media will probably just run behind him.
    The President has been working on the economy from Day One. And the GOP has been fighting him, sabotaging him, and shamelessly, deliberately working against him from Day One. (And before you bother refuting that, they have admitted to exactly that.) And by extension, the American people as well.

But hey, you'll always have UmbrellaGate.

Last edited by Mindcrime; May 19th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

ROFLMA
    Technically, by advocated mass Amnesty, he has been focus on improving the economy and creating jobs...albeit for Mexico and Guatemala . I would like to see the Obama administration hit reset and start to refocus on the long suffering economy. The wedge issues are great and all, but none of them matter if we don't have jobs.
    One planet, one life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Eagle View Post
    Technically, by advocated mass Amnesty, he has been focus on improving the economy and creating jobs...albeit for Mexico and Guatemala . I would like to see the Obama administration hit reset and start to refocus on the long suffering economy. The wedge issues are great and all, but none of them matter if we don't have jobs.
    Exactly right. And the US could have stopped instead of fostered the flow of jobs out of this country. I laugh and shake my head every time I hear the phrase "Job Creators". There are no jobs to create and there will be no
    economic recovery until there are good paying jobs again.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Eagle View Post
    That is the unfortunate state we live in , when someone says "binders full of women" instead of "Binders full of women's names". and Someone gets an umbrella held over there head, these are the things most likely to show up ad-nausea in the main news services and late night TV. A record number of people on food stamps on the other hand gets reported once with no comment.

Sad times we live in. Sometimes I think some of my fellow Americans would be happy if we just had Boo Boo the Clown running the show. They seem to be more interested in entertainment then substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    You brought it up, when you said.......

But hey, you'll always have UmbrellaGate.

The thread is about scandals, not about umbrellas

here is the latest:

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) official who apologized for targeting conservative nonprofit groups for extra scrutiny is married to an attorney whose firm hosted a voter registration organizing event for the Obama presidential campaign, praised President Obama’s policy work, and had one of its partners appointed by Obama to a key ambassadorship.

IRS Exempt Organizations Division director Lois G. Lerner, who has been described as “apolitical” in mainstream press coverage of the IRS scandal, is married to tax attorney Michael R. Miles, a partner at the law firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan. The firm is based in Atlanta but has a number of offices including in Washington, D.C., where Miles works.

The 400-attorney firm hosted an organizing meeting at its Atlanta office for people interested in helping with voter registration for the Obama re-election campaign.

This is not the first of Lerner’s connections to the president to surface. Earlier this week The Daily Caller reported that Lerner personally signed the tax-exemption approval for a shady charity run by Obama’s half-brother, after an inexplicably brief one-month application process.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/em...#ixzz2TljBRKXi
    You missed this in your reply
    Last edited by steven; May 20th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

From an ABC Poll

Americans by a vast 74-20 percent see the IRS’ behavior as inappropriate, with most feeling that way strongly – and 56 percent see it as a deliberate attempt to harass conservative organizations, not a mere administrative error.

The public divides on whether or not the administration is honestly disclosing what it knows about the IRS’ actions; 45 percent suspect a cover-up, 42 percent instead see full transparency. And more than a third overall in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, think these actions not only are inappropriate, but illegal.

Further, on the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, last fall, suspicions of a cover-up rise to a majority, 55 percent. And in this case only a third of Americans are persuaded that the Obama administration is disclosing honestly what it knows about what occurred.
    from the USA today poll

A 53% majority say the IRS decision to single out conservative groups for extra scrutiny before granting tax-exempt status was made for political reasons

Say the IRS action targeting conservative groups was done for political reasons, 53%-33%. Nineteen percent say Obama deserves a lot of the blame for it; 31% say just a little.

Nearly six in 10 say the federal government threatens their rights and freedoms,
    Maybe there is hope for us yet

This just gets better:

Lois Lerner, the director of the exempt organizations unit at the Internal Revenue Service, plans to invoke the Fifth Amendment during her expected testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Wednesday, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Lerner announced her plans to plead the Fifth during her testimony in a letter from her lawyer, William Taylor III, to the committee. "She has not committed any crime or made any misrepresentation but under the circumstances she has no choice but to take this course," the letter addressed to Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) reads, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    Lerner's decision to plead the Fifth comes as the Department of Justice has initiated an investigation into whether laws were broken at the IRS, according to Taylor's letter to the committee. It also follows a request to Lerner from the committee to provide information on why she gave "false or misleading information" to the committee on four previous occasions in 2012.
    seriously?

t's pretty simple really, she is claiming the right to not answer based upon the belief that her answers may incriminate her in a crime. In order for that to be legitimate, she must in fact believe that her answers are self-incriminating and tend to establish her involvement in a criminal act.

If she has knowledge of a crime amounting to a felony, and she is claiming the Fifth only to protect someone else or her political party WITHOUT a true belief that she is involved, then there is a pretty good chance she is violating Title 18 Section 4 of the United States Code, a felony in itself punishable by up to 3 years imprisonment.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    t's pretty simple really,.
    Yes it is pretty simply, if your not guilty of any wrong doing you shouldn't have to worry about telling the truth. Pretty simple.

Yes it is pretty simply, if your not guilty of any wrong doing you shouldn't have to worry about telling the truth. Pretty simple.
    I agree
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Exactly right. And the US could have stopped instead of fostered the flow of jobs out of this country. I laugh and shake my head every time I hear the phrase "Job Creators". There are no jobs to create and there will be no
    economic recovery until there are good paying jobs again.
    Buy American....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information