Thread: Not Your Public School's Lincoln

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post
    He died in office.
    Wrong again, speaker!

He died in The Petersen House.

Mesue--we know you would like to change the focus onto you (and your leg),
    So, you feel you are a beta chihuahua too? Sounds like a personal issue to me. Maybe you and some other inadequate feeling members should form a support group or something. Work through this feeling of low self esteem. Then you would see that I really don't feel that things are all about me. You would even enhance your beauty by losing that gumby green hue you have.
    but I thought it was a first and a newsworthy item. No politics.
    What item? That Lincoln was a republican? That is no longer "newsworthy" It hasn't been for about 10 years now.
    This is not about religion, per se, or politics, this is about an American hero and icon and someone we all treasure, Abraham Lincoln.
    I'm not the one trying to make this a religious topic.
    We loved him in grade school, and we still love him. Not everyone agrees with that, but he still is an icon.
    You loved him and still do. I'm not saying you are alone in this, just asking that you speak for yourself.
    He was a very strong role model for young people; he was poor, read by candlelight, he chopped wood, he worked hard. He succeeded. Basically, he led the nation out of slavery. He did hold the US together. He died in office.
    That's the public school's rendition. Which isn't to say that this false, just, perhaps, a gussied up version of what really happened.
    As a child, it didn't even occur to me to question which political party he belonged to, what church he attended.
    I don't know what church he attended. It has no bearing with me.
    Now, as an adult, he still fascinates me, especially when I see what he was up against.
    If you take a step back, and forget that it was me who started the thread. Aren't you just a little curious as to what the whole story might entail? Isn't that why we take Liberal Arts classes in college? To let go of our childhood notions? Broaden our horizons? And learn to think outside the box? You, and the like, are the first to say that I am incapable of this. Pot, meet Kettle.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    You would lose that gumby green hue you have.
    Maybe she needs a little "Pokey."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Maybe she needs a little "Pokey."

LOL!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Lincoln was the nation's first Republican president!

After I see all the people who are determined that Obama fails, I'm reminded of their tactics with other Democratic presidents. What a bunch of screwups you all are.

Lincoln was an excellent president, even though he kept the US in a war that killed so many. I don't know if that war was worth the end result. I'm not sure if the south would have continued with their secession. That was the choice: secession or slavery. The south was entirely reliant on the north for manufacturing their cotton into goods, and all machinery. They had invented nothing.

He surprised everyone. He knew people hated him and made fun of him, but he stayed his course and changed history.

Your boy Obama is a clown. So are the rest of the Dems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information