Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niagara County and Stimulus package

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mary3 View Post
    I agree. We have to have balance. Niagara Falls is one of the great natural wonder of the world.

One of the things that I think would be great is to have daily cross country ski rental section to see the park during winter and coordinate with the hotels tourist groups and make money for the parks.

Canada has a park but not like U.S. side where we have sprauling areas perfect for the cross country.

How about having lot of the snow trucked from other areas and have a child friendly hill for sledding?

How about making the large open area set up for ice skating?

Good grief, can't we do any of these things without an act of congress?

Just a few ideas for now..
    DOWNTOWN: Development continues to snowball
    City, county approve plans for Anderson’s new snowpark

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local...042221440.html

Great news!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    From the Gazette
    Earlier Wednesday, members of the board of directors for the Niagara County Industrial Development Agency granted tentative approval for a tax incentive package to support the project. The package includes a 10-year in-lieu-of-taxes agreement that would make it more affordable for the company to purchase the necessary snow-making equipment.

The estimated amount of annual taxes anticipated at the end of the PILOT agreement is listed in the contract with the IDA as $127,000. The NCIDA board set a public hearing on the tax break deal for 4:30 p.m., March 19 at Niagara Falls City Hall on Main Street.

“Personally, I think it’s a great opportunity,” said NCIDA Chairman Henry Sloma. “We need more attractions outside of the Seneca compact area.”
    So for 10 years it generates no property taxes and he can close it up on year 11 and not worry about the "possible" $127,000 in taxes?

Lightbulb Give it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So for 10 years it generates no property taxes and he can close it up on year 11 and not worry about the "possible" $127,000 in taxes?
    Be an optomist for once, will you. We need it for the City. I would like to see the winter park also in the American Falls area for tourists and cross country ski trail/rental area, ice skating area, etc.

Developers come and go and don't see the potential. Proposals have been made for the property and the city has not taken it for some reason. Some of the problem for developers is infastructure.

Be an optomist for once, will you. We need it for the City. I would like to see the winter park also in the American Falls area for tourists and cross country ski trail/rental area, ice skating area, etc.

Developers come and go and don't see the potential. Proposals have been made for the property and the city has not taken it for some reason. Some of the problem for developers is infastructure.

Political Hack, your on the County payroll admitt it!!!!!!!!!

Angry

You are disgusting person who spread lies. I have never been paid by the county,state or anyone else.

Keep listening to the wackos you hang around with or talk to.

You are disgusting person who spread lies. I have never been paid by the county,state or anyone else.

Keep listening to the wackos you hang around with or talk to.
    Well tell us what your agenda is?,Tell us how you suddenly showed up and folllowed Lou around on all the message boards. I got the skinny on you a year ago.

Stimulus Money?

Route 77 from the end of Niagara County ( in Albama Swamp ) to the end where it turns into route 31 is being paved. I'm have no clue if this is with stimulus funds, but can tell you this road was paved less than 5 years ago, and IMO and others, it does NOT not need to be paved again.

Work started around 2 or 3 weeks ago. Yes, this is a State Road.

Use it or loose it...I don't know...but this is CLEARLY A WASTE OF OUR MONEY.

Stimulation in Niagara county includes anything sexual with family members.This is the land of incest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information