Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niagara County and Stimulus package

Exclamation Niagara County and Stimulus package

We have a problem. I don't see any infastrucure improvements for Niagara County or any other projects at the stimuluswatch.org.
    According to the Buffalo News, these are some major projects in WNY.

Niagara County has nothing on their website about the stimulus package and the request they have made to Albany. What's going on? We need to know.

http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/...filiate.50.pdf

Here is the total of cost of all the projects submitted by New York = $1,272,563,174 SO FAR....

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state/NY

Where is City of Niagara Falls projects?
    Where is Niagara County project proposals? We need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary3 View Post
    We have a problem. I don't see any infastrucure improvements for Niagara County or any other projects at the stimuluswatch.org.
    According to the Buffalo News, these are some major projects in WNY.

Niagara County has nothing on their website about the stimulus package and the request they have made to Albany. What's going on? We need to know.

http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/...filiate.50.pdf

Here is the total of cost of all the projects submitted by New York = $1,272,563,174 SO FAR....

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state/NY

Where is City of Niagara Falls projects?
    Where is Niagara County project proposals? We need to know.
    What would you like built? An Incest prevention department,by the looks of the politics here everybody is sleeping with there sister. Folks in Erie county come to our legislature meetings.Everybodys fingers are the same lengths.I am telling you Niagara County is screwed up.

Thumbs up Just few ideas...

Ransomville needs public sewer sytem...
    Tonawandas need new water/sewer plant, remediation of supposed "municipal landfills" that have been used for things other than municipal waste
    Backup power system for all municipal water/sewer plants instead of "portable generators"
    Clean up waterways from toxic waste
    Schools need upgrades and safeguards due to mold and several need new drainage sytem
    Roads in many areas of WNY need to be fixed, federal, state and local roads
    Most of the area need new water/sewer lines
    Remediation of land standing still due to lack of vision and money
    Our energy grid needs updating
    Clean up areas that need remediation from past radioactive/nuclear projects
    Instead of cutting funds to local schools, increase the funds to keep the teachers needed to educate our children and provide new books, increase after school care since so many are trying to just survive while working two jobs
    Provide low cost housing for veterans and veteran families
    (many homes can be renovated and provided to the veterans)
    Help local farmers sustain local food supply with 21st century solutions

Tonawandas need new water/sewer plant, remediation of supposed "municipal landfills" that have been used for things other than municipal waste
    Backup power system for all municipal water/sewer plants instead of "portable generators"
    Schools need upgrades and safeguards due to mold and several need new drainage sytem
    Instead of cutting funds to local schools, increase the funds to keep the teachers needed to educate our children and provide new books, increase after school care since so many are trying to just survive while working two jobs
    This Veteran does not need a hand out.

Things REALLY that bad up there????

Doesn't make another freakin' park seem so important afterall, does it!!!!

Mary: Is there anything being done with Niagara Falls Scenic Area? I know when Spitzer was governor, he was going to make an investment. Paterson mentioned that he planned to follow through on Spitzer's plans? Is anything in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    Mary: Is there anything being done with Niagara Falls Scenic Area? I know when Spitzer was governor, he was going to make an investment. Paterson mentioned that he planned to follow through on Spitzer's plans? Is anything in the works?

Yes they put a shut off valve on the falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    Yes they put a shut off valve on the falls.
    CG, you're the best

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    This Veteran does not need a hand out.
    If you don't need it, you won't get it. GET IT?

After Rep. Louise Slaughter, Senator Shumer and Senator Clinton help made new designation, the Niagara Falls Parks will get money to improve the services there and make it more tourist friendly. I have not seen anything in the works yet.

I'm just concerned about the jobs lost, homes being abandoned, and feeding the needy in the area, dodging the potholes, etc.

After Rep. Louise Slaughter, Senator Shumer and Senator Clinton help made new designation, the Niagara Falls Parks will get money to improve the services there and make it more tourist friendly. I have not seen anything in the works yet.

I'm just concerned about the jobs lost, homes being abandoned, and feeding the needy in the area, dodging the potholes, etc.
    I understand the immediate needs. I was just thinking about the great amount of jobs and all the wealth the park would generate for Niagara Falls Community.

Lightbulb Winter fun and making money

I understand the immediate needs. I was just thinking about the great amount of jobs and all the wealth the park would generate for Niagara Falls Community.
    I agree. We have to have balance. Niagara Falls is one of the great natural wonder of the world.

One of the things that I think would be great is to have daily cross country ski rental section to see the park during winter and coordinate with the hotels tourist groups and make money for the parks.

Canada has a park but not like U.S. side where we have sprauling areas perfect for the cross country.

How about having lot of the snow trucked from other areas and have a child friendly hill for sledding?

How about making the large open area set up for ice skating?

Good grief, can't we do any of these things without an act of congress?

Just a few ideas for now..

If you don't need it, you won't get it. GET IT?
    Unlike you I aint a political shill.I hate Gubment I hate NY and i dont like you.

The three friggin stooges. Two dykes and a dill.

Lightbulb Connecting coast to coast

at 10:50am

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=41825689063&ref=nf

Please join the above group for high speed rail from New York City to Niagara Falls NY. Please pass it on. 8 Billion dollars allocated for high speed rail. Squeeky wheel gets the rail. Current plan is rail from Albany to Buffalo, we want it from New York City to Niagara Falls NY, coast to coast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information