Thread: What's Racist???

Unregistered

What's Racist???

On WBEN this afternoon, Kathy from Williamsville read an email from "Dottie from the East Side."

One of Dottie's complaints was that a white cashier took care of a couple of white people and ignored her.

Well, the same thing just happened to me yesterday. I was standing in a line of white people and an apparently intoxicated black woman barged her way to the front of the line. Totally ignoring the people in line, the BLACK cashier ignored "us people" and spent approximately five minutes with this woman. When he was finished with her, he didn't even so much as apologize for the inconvenience.

So, the question is, is it only "RACISM" if it happens to a black person?

PS: When I was exiting the store, the intoxicated black woman had the "balls" to ask me to assist her with her car, which wouldn't start. Being the "decent" person I am, I did attempt to assist her. Looking inside her car, my suspicion of her being intoxicated was somewhat validated. there were two full beer bottles in her cup holder.

Here we go......

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    On WBEN this afternoon, Kathy from Williamsville read an email from "Dottie from the East Side."

One of Dottie's complaints was that a white cashier took care of a couple of white people and ignored her.

Well, the same thing just happened to me yesterday. I was standing in a line of white people and an apparently intoxicated black woman barged her way to the front of the line. Totally ignoring the people in line, the BLACK cashier ignored "us people" and spent approximately five minutes with this woman. When he was finished with her, he didn't even so much as apologize for the inconvenience.

PS: When I was exiting the store, the intoxicated black woman had the "balls" to ask me to assist her with her car, which wouldn't start. Being the "decent" person I am, I did attempt to assist her. Looking inside her car, my suspicion of her being intoxicated was somewhat validated. there were two full beer bottles in her cup holder.
    Dats because you'z ancestors didnt sell or trade you like a bottle of cheap Muscatel or Thunderbird a hundred years ago!!

Wait, why did you help a drunk person start a car? Why on earth didn't you call the cops about a suspected DWI? How would you have felt if she had hit and killed someone after you helped her?

Real racism is still a problem everywhere...but 90% of what people consider racism is simply not.

Because of this, people who disagree with true racism have simply become numb to it because of the constant barrage of BS claims of it.

A great comparison is terrorism and weapons of mass destruction. Do these exist? Yes. Are there people in the world being trained to do nothing more than kill American and planning and building tools to do it? Yes. But in the last 8 years, the drum beat of terrorism and WMD has been beaten so loud and long that people simply do not want to hear about it anymore.

The same goes for "family values" and "social services"...the list goes on. America, as a nation, has a tendency to do everything in excess. Even on the things that should be done. It is why nothing ever really happens. People take a good or necessary idea and push it so far the original intent is lost.

Surfing - The whole thing about judging people for the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin really never caught on with you, did it?

The drunken woman was a complete moron. But, instead of going home, and telling people about the moron you saw, you will be forever telling that story about the black woman you saw.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Wait, why did you help a drunk person start a car? Why on earth didn't you call the cops about a suspected DWI? How would you have felt if she had hit and killed someone after you helped her?
    Without the aid af a tow-truck, her car wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon. It was completely dead.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Surfing - The whole thing about judging people for the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin really never caught on with you, did it?

The drunken woman was a complete moron. But, instead of going home, and telling people about the moron you saw, you will be forever telling that story about the black woman you saw.
    Actually, I'm telling the same story as "Dottie from the East-Side."

I wouldn't even be telling this story if it weren't for Dottie's accusations of racism.

It just pisses me off that every time something like this happens, (that happens BOTH WAYS on a regular basis,) it's considered "racism" when it happens to a black person.

Actually, I'm telling the same story as "Dottie from the East-Side."

I wouldn't even be telling this story if it weren't for Dottie's accusations of racism.

It just pisses me off that every time something like this happens, (that happens BOTH WAYS on a regular basis,) it's considered "racism" when it happens to a black person.
    Surf,

You know that this kind one way traffic is the opiate of folks(libs) high on social injustice. They enjoy it,, makes them feel righteous,, kinda like me when I get off on bashing our incessant spending.. but of course there is no two ways about that.

New Orleans & ignoring the dying during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina (mainly blacks) WAS racism

Petty stuff like a clerk ignoring someone in line is bad, perhaps "racist" but NOT worth mentioning on the radio;To the store's manager? I guess so.

Although I'm your typical ultra-bleeding heart liberal humanist, I won't mince words;I've experienced reverse racism numerous times and I'm SURE of this because there's been a pattern to this reverse racism over two decades;Jerks with VERY LOW-SELF-ESTEEM taking their grief out on me for reasons I will NOT cite here.

Suffice it to say, I DO believe that racism is kept alive and well by our "wise" leaders and stupid family traditions because the more you keep the sheep divided, the less chance they have of gathering together to protest malicious government & corporations.

But back to the "racism" issue, racism, REAL racism should be cut and dried;Black & white;No gray area and sadly enough like any other legitimate grievance too many people have cried "wolf";"Racism" possibly taking away much of the word's IMPACT;Meaning.

And WHY isn't Kathy from Williamsville have her on TV show by now?
    I mean, damn! She's GORGEOUS!! WOW!!!
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

By the way, thanks for more or less proving my point, rising.

You mention how I should see past color, but not "Dottie."

If I had said that Dottie was white and the cashier and other customers were black, I suppose you'd be chastising Dottie , as well.

If this thread proves ANYTHING, it's that most people don't understand and often overuse the word RACISM.

I am conservative when it comes to most of my opinions, but I will not suffer through a Kathy from Williamsville show because she has a habit of engaging in the most ignorant knee-jerk reactions to things. It's irresponsible.

And don't say "that's what makes good talkradio", becuase it doesn't. It's just insulting to anyone with a shread of intelligence, no matter what your political persuation happens to be.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    If this thread proves ANYTHING, it's that most people don't understand and often overuse the word RACISM.

I am conservative when it comes to most of my opinions, but I will not suffer through a Kathy from Williamsville show because she has a habit of engaging in the most ignorant knee-jerk reactions to things. It's irresponsible.

And don't say "that's what makes good talkradio", becuase it doesn't. It's just insulting to anyone with a shread of intelligence, no matter what your political persuation happens to be.
    I suppose you're just fine with Beach and Bauerle?

Racism is when white people act in the best interests of their own people. Racism does not apply to non-whites by media standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Would not have bothered me. I aint a cop it isnt my place to enforce some law. I guess I dont give a crap.

Idiots come in all colors, shapes and sizes. They do!!! Equal opportunity ass****-ism is what it's called.

Thread Information