Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wine in Supermarkets?

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I think this proposal is dead in the water. Big stores like Wegmans would have to pay a "franchise fee" of almost 1/2 million dollars (per store) just to get the opportunity to sell the wine. How many stores can afford that (besides the Wegmans and MAYBE TOPS)?. In other words, you won't see many smaller grocery stores looking to pay a hefty fee to sell the wine. Subsequently, the revenue this gimmick would raise will be small potatoes compared to this bigger budget problem.
    This whole proposal is just another way for Patterson to raise money as opposed to doing some real work and figuring out how to run the state more efficiently.

I'm surprised he has't gone after sales tax on girl scount cookies.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't gone after sales tax on girl scout cookies.
    If he's anything like his predecessor, he'll go after the Girl Scouts first. If he can't "get anything" from them, THEN he'll tax their cookies.

Is it just me or does Patterson remind anyone else of Governor Le Petomane in the movie Blazing Saddles?
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Is it just me or does Patterson remind anyone else of Governor Le Petomane in the movie Blazing Saddles?
    Le Pétomane (pronounced /ləˈpɛtəmeɪn/, French IPA: [ləpetɔˈman]) was the stage name of the French professional farter and entertainer Joseph Pujol (June 1, 1857 - 1945).
    He was famous for his remarkable control of the abdominal muscles, which enabled him to fart at will. His stage name combines the French verb péter, "to fart" with the -mane, "maniac" suffix, found in words like toxicomane. In English, a translation might yield "the fart maniac".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Le Pétomane (pronounced /ləˈpɛtəmeɪn/, French IPA: [ləpetɔˈman]) was the stage name of the French professional farter and entertainer Joseph Pujol (June 1, 1857 - 1945).
    He was famous for his remarkable control of the abdominal muscles, which enabled him to fart at will. His stage name combines the French verb péter, "to fart" with the -mane, "maniac" suffix, found in words like toxicomane. In English, a translation might yield "the fart maniac".
    Mesue.......Fart Maniac.....LMAO!!!!!

Although Govenor Patterson, like Mr Pujol, has a real talent at being able to pull a lot out of is a**, I was referring to the character played by Mel Brooks in the movie Blazing Saddles. He reminds me a lot of Patterson, especially the scene where he tells his legislators, "Gentlemen we've got to do something to protect our phoney baloney jobs".

Unregistered
    Wine in supermarkets in the least of New York's problems as the sales tax will be over 10% soon!

Unregistered
    If my father were a little younger, I'd swear he was the reincarnation of Le Pétomane.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    If my father were a little younger, I'd swear he was the reincarnation of Le Pétomane.
    I have brothers like that!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Mesue.......Fart Maniac.....LMAO!!!!!

Although Govenor Patterson, like Mr Pujol, has a real talent at being able to pull a lot out of is a**, I was referring to the character played by Mel Brooks in the movie Blazing Saddles. He reminds me a lot of Patterson, especially the scene where he tells his legislators, "Gentlemen we've got to do something to protect our phoney baloney jobs".
    Blazing Saddles is a classic movie, I was looking for a picture of Governor Le Petomane and came across the definition of Petomane.
    Some morning humor, if you will.

Unregistered
    Blazing Saddles is a classic movie, I was looking for a picture of Governor Le Petomane and came across the definition of Petomane.
    Some morning humor, if you will.
    Just in case you didn't find the picture you were looking for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information