Thread: So... When is the APD going to start upholding traffic law? Or is it a free for all?

So... When is the APD going to start upholding traffic law? Or is it a free for all?

Is it me, or is the Amherst Police Dept completely, totally and 100% ignoring all traffic laws? Seriously. There are hundreds, of traffic violations on Main St every day. Town bitches about lack of cash flow? How about enforcing our traffic laws? Anyone ever heard of the fact that if the intersection isnt clear yet the light is green, you dont just 'go'?

Id say, there could be a 20% DECREASE in congestion on Main st, if the traffic laws were enforced.

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Is it me, or is the Amherst Police Dept completely, totally and 100% ignoring all traffic laws? Seriously. There are hundreds, of traffic violations on Main St every day. Town bitches about lack of cash flow? How about enforcing our traffic laws? Anyone ever heard of the fact that if the intersection isnt clear yet the light is green, you dont just 'go'?
    Id say, there could be a 20% DECREASE in congestion on Main st, if the traffic laws were enforced.
    Might FMD's tirade be a form of what one could call Verbal Road Rage?

I trust you at least exchanged digital salutes with the driver that cut you off on your way home.
    No crumpled fenders? Good.
    No harm no foul...
    ...just grab a six pack....

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

I THINK New York State DECREASED the amount of traffic fines local townships & villages could collect a couple of years ago;I COULD be wrong on this but regardless, snooty drivers in Amherst, the "I don't look where I'm going" drivers who do not live in the same world as us "peasants" drivers should be ticketed and fined as often as necessary no exceptions (HA!!) because they pose a threat to the safety of other drivers and pedestrians (duh).

And I know that ALL kamakazi drivers in Amherst, Williamsville, Clarence are not residents of those remarkable "Heaven on Earth" places but MOST of these RUDE, ARROGANT, SNOTTY and PAMPERED peabrains ARE from the pwecious towns and villages that God himself created (its true!).

FMD, if no serious action has not been taken by NOW,
    do not expect things to get better.

The Amherst police have more serious crimes to deal with (and I'm NOT taking their side, BELIEVE ME)-They have to contend with a growing number of violent crimes as we've been reading in the paper and hearing on the news.

Yes. You'd THINK that Amherst's 5,000 or is 10,000 police officers ("there's a cop on every block in Amherst" famous saying?!) COULD take care of traffic violations even getting some of the more dangerous should-not-be-driving-PERIOD morons off the road, but its a spoiled town filled with many people (not all) who have a "get away with it" mentality that you rarely see in "everyday" people in metropolitan Buffalo.

I "lived" in the burbs for two years and during that time, I was a social anthropologist and psychological something of sorts and lemme tell you,
    a LOT of these "wonderful people" live in a different world than us city folk.

Anyways, I THINK there's something in the Amherst Town Charter which gives full LEGAL permission for residents of Amherst the right to disregard New York State traffic laws...
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

I've seen a few unmarked cars on Main St. before in the village, but nothing within the last month or two. While crime has been fairly higher in the last few months, the traffic unit should still be out there catching all of those people who think that the "no talking on your cell phone while driving" law doesn't apply to them.

its not just the cell phone talkers tho, its other blatent violations of traffic law.

Say your stuck in traffic, and the cars ahead of you clear the intersection, but you wont cause they stopped right after the intersection, by LAW you arnt supposed to get right behind them, effectively blocking the intersection.

Case two. Your making a left hand turn, like at Main and Evens, cars back up, at the stop sign on Evens, instead of waiting for the cars ahead of your to clear out, the people just get inline and create a wall of cars that goes from Evans, onto Main and into the left hand turning lane, effectively blocking west bound traffic on Main st. Again, illegal.

Double parking on Main st, deliveries are one thing, but to drop off granny infront of the Eagle house and it takes granny 10 minutes to get out f the car is a real problem... impeding the flow of traffic.

Or those who see a person leaving from being parked on main st, and stop, so they can sneak into their spot, in the process holding up traffic.

I was taught that you dont impeded the flow of traffic. Unless involved in an accident, then you leave your vehical where it is until tod to move it by a member of law enforcement.

In Amherst and some of the other suburbs there is a prevailing mentality among the "good upstanding citizens" that most traffic laws do not apply to them.

There's no excuse for this behavior and as I said before the Amherst Police can not effectively enforce nearly enough of the traffic violations we see every day because there are priorities and I'm being objective here and NOT "siding with the cops."

Would be GREAT for some clown in a Mercedes cutting people off to flip over and land on its top, crushing Dr. High-And-Mighty but I gave up on justice and divine retribution or any other kind of righteous punishment years ago.

Suffice it to say, ALL traffic courts are packed with an overload of cases already.

Creating laws with higher fines, stricter punishemnts on one's license (points, revocation or suspension) would make NO difference as these spoiled zombie elitists would continue driving recklessly, selfishly, making up their own rules.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Thread Information