Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COB Plow Driver

Thumbs down COB Plow Driver

A City of Buffalo snow plow driver was charged with DWI & "hit & run" in the Kensington/Bailey area of the city . The driver refused to take a breathalizer test & the gentleman he hit is in critical condition @ ECMC...........It happened @ approx. 4 in the morning.............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

was he working when he did it?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    was he working when he did it?
    yep , he was plowing & the guy was walking in the street , the area looked pretty well lit , the snow plow guy WAS on-duty , refused the test & is in the Holding center downtown pending his arraignment (possible forced blood test ?) (I think a judge can order this in the case of a hit & run where the victim may "pass" ?)
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why wouldn't the supervisor notice he was drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why wouldn't the supervisor notice he was drinking?
    I think it would probably be pretty easy to drink on that job as it seems pretty autonomous.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    A City of Buffalo snow plow driver was charged with DWI & "hit & run" in the Kensington/Bailey area of the city . The driver refused to take a breathalizer test & the gentleman he hit is in critical condition @ ECMC...........It happened @ approx. 4 in the morning.............
    i know plows don't come out as often as they should but a plow out when it didn't snow over night? something doesn't sound right. you said charged, does it mean it's true?
    Last edited by Tree_hugger29; January 24th, 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Who's to say the guy was drinking? Just because you turned down a breathlizer doesnt mean you were drinking. Ever heard of the 5th amemendment? or the 4th amendment? While our elected officials have failed to do their jobs and uphold our constitution, we as citizens must make a stand somewhere.

While many of you, feel that if the man has nothing to hide, why not blow? Well same logic as to the cops searching your house. Same principle.

Also, why was the man in the middle of the road? Dont people shovel their sidewalks in the city?

One last thing, unless the roads are DRY, or its snowing, seeing out of a plow truck can be a real bitch at times.

And also, havent your people ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? Hes been charged with a crime, yet here you are, treating him as though he has been convicted beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers.

Until a person is convicted of a crime, assuming he is guilty soley because he was charged with a crime is unpatriotic.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Who's to say the guy was drinking? Just because you turned down a breathlizer doesnt mean you were drinking. Ever heard of the 5th amemendment? or the 4th amendment?
    '

If I worked for the city and was innocent, I'd go along with the program and take the breathalyzer test. Why raise eyebrows when there's no need

justKel
    City plow strikes
    Buffalo man
    Man is in critical condition

Last Edited: Friday, 23 Jan 2009, 11:03 PM EST
    Created On: Friday, 23 Jan 2009, 11:02 PM EST

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A Buffalo man has undergone brain surgery and is in critical condition after police say he was struck by a city plow. Investigators say the driver of that plow was drunk.

Public Works Commissioner Steve Stepniak said, "I just think that this a random tragic incident."

It happened at about 4:30 in the morning on Kensington near Parkridge.

Police say veteran city plow driver 46-year-old Rowan Gaines struck 42-year-old Allen Michael Andrew who was walking in the street, then the plow kept on going.

Allen's mother Yvonne Andrew said, "I am devastated. I am devastated to think that somebody would hit somebody with a machine like he was driving and keep going."

But there were witnesses who called 9-1-1.

Yvonne Andrew said, "Yes, thank God, thank God."

Police say when they found the plow driver, Gaines refused to take a breathalizer and was charged with DWI.

He has been suspended without pay while the investigation continues.

City Attorney Alisa Lukasiewicz said, "And if what we have learned is indeed true, he will be terminated immediately."

Gaines has worked for the city for twenty years, and has been plowing for the past six years. His boss says he had no previous record of drinking on the job.

No alcohol was found in the plow.

Lukasiewicz said, "My investigators have been involved in photogrpahing the scene, preserving all the evidence as it exists including the plow."

As for why Michael Andrew was walking in the street at 4:30 a.m., his mother believes he may have been heading to a job center on Bailey where he often checks in at 5:00 a.m. for part time work.

Stepniak said, "We are very saddened about the whole incident, and we are taking this very seriously, and we feel very bad for the family of the gentleman involved."

Yvonne Andrew said, "It's hard to say what should be done, but there's a punishment for eveything we do."

justKel
    Also, why was the man in the middle of the road? Dont people shovel their sidewalks in the city?
    Who said he was in "the middle" of the road? If the streets in Buffalo are anything like they are out where I live, he was walking in the street because walking on the sidewalks is damned near impossible. People out here walk in the street all the time in winter. Drivers simply carefully avoid them.

Who's to say the guy was drinking? Just because you turned down a breathlizer doesnt mean you were drinking. Ever heard of the 5th amemendment? or the 4th amendment? While our elected officials have failed to do their jobs and uphold our constitution, we as citizens must make a stand somewhere.

While many of you, feel that if the man has nothing to hide, why not blow? Well same logic as to the cops searching your house. Same principle.

One last thing, unless the roads are DRY, or its snowing, seeing out of a plow truck can be a real bitch at times.

And also, havent your people ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? Hes been charged with a crime, yet here you are, treating him as though he has been convicted beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers.

Until a person is convicted of a crime, assuming he is guilty soley because he was charged with a crime is unpatriotic.
    If you agree with the law or not is one thing...but when you sign up for your license you agree to take a blood/breath test when police have PC to arrest you for DWI. You dont like it, dont drive. You do not have a RIGHT to drive. Sorry. Also, if you refuse a road side breath screne you can get a traffic ticket, added to your DWI tickets. Just some more facts for ya FMD. Glad to help. This slob was drunk and should be treated as one, IMO.
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

I wonder if Gaines is the same plow driver who races up and down city streets, sometimes 3 times in 2 hours, obviously killing time. This is days after a big snowfall. He goes so fast and throws ice up onto the shoveled sidewalk. It appears to look like a big game to him. A pedestrian wouldn't stand a chance. "Terminated"? He should be prosecuted.

Our fireplug totally buried with hard ice, after the front was broken off. No markers on buried fire plugs around the city.

I phoned a complaint at City Hall the day before this incident and it sounds like the same man, unless, there's more than one.

Drunk Cheeser Hits man with snowplow

Well lets see how the Union handles this one. City Snow plow driver plowed at 0400 hits man walking down street. I cant belive he is suspended with out pay. The clown worked for the city for 20 years lets watch this one. Drunk Lawyers who worked for the DA office and Judges get off . The question will this cheeser skate on the charges.

Hit by a plow?

Call Dewey Cheatum & Howe!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information