Thread: Am I a bit disturbed, I think so.

Am I a bit disturbed, I think so.

Jan 20, 2013 in The North Cheektowaga Source paper I read about Mr. Liszewski DWI and how Cheektowaga’ s Town Judge, Judge Piotrowski handling of Mr. Liszewski case. Judge Piotrowski are you NUTS? You gave this guy 60 days for his DWI when he has 4 other DWI convictions in his record. I can be a better judge than you Mr. Piotrowski. I hope you at least revoked his driver license for an indefinite period of time and order him into a long treatment program until you are satisfied he has met all criteria’s within the order. If not! You should be off the bench. I am appalled how your decision making on this case was sound with good judgment. If I was in your shoes Mr. Liszewski would be in jail for 1 full year with extensive treatment while in jail as well as after his release date. I would have then revoked his driver license until Mr. Liszewski could maintained at least 5 years of sobriety , then and only then would he be able to drive again. You may have added a threat back on to the road that may kill the next time Mr. Liszewski gets behind the wheel of his vehicle. Judge Piotrowski I do not criticize you lightly being in my own recovery for 30 years and as a former Drug and Alcohol counselor as well as a former Mental Health Social Worker and my own life experiences tells me you are wrong in handling of this case.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Jan 20, 2013 in The North Cheektowaga Source paper I read about Mr. Liszewski DWI and how Cheektowaga’ s Town Judge, Judge Piotrowski handling of Mr. Liszewski case. Judge Piotrowski are you NUTS? You gave this guy 60 days for his DWI when he has 4 other DWI convictions in his record. I can be a better judge than you Mr. Piotrowski. I hope you at least revoked his driver license for an indefinite period of time and order him into a long treatment program until you are satisfied he has met all criteria’s within the order. If not! You should be off the bench. I am appalled how your decision making on this case was sound with good judgment. If I was in your shoes Mr. Liszewski would be in jail for 1 full year with extensive treatment while in jail as well as after his release date. I would have then revoked his driver license until Mr. Liszewski could maintained at least 5 years of sobriety , then and only then would he be able to drive again. You may have added a threat back on to the road that may kill the next time Mr. Liszewski gets behind the wheel of his vehicle. Judge Piotrowski I do not criticize you lightly being in my own recovery for 30 years and as a former Drug and Alcohol counselor as well as a former Mental Health Social Worker and my own life experiences tells me you are wrong in handling of this case.

Other than happenstance, there is no difference between Liszewski and someone who has killed another person while DWI. We were all lucky that none of us happen to be in a car driving in the opposite direction on Genesee Street when Mr. Liszewski crossed the double line that night.

But I don't think our prison system has much to offer by way of treatment. There isn't a prison in the United States that isn't infested with drugs.

Every car should have an ignition lock installed to prevent everyone - first timers as well as 4-time losers - from operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

We know all too well that taking away a driver's license doesn't prevent people from driving drunk.

I believe Gowanda State Prison still has its Drug and alcohol treament as least it had when I was working i sent a few men there when I was an officer of the court. I think you missed my point it was about the judge more than the driver. It is judges like him that puts others in harms way when they fail to do their jobs right.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Other than happenstance, there is no difference between Liszewski and someone who has killed another person while DWI. We were all lucky that none of us happen to be in a car driving in the opposite direction on Genesee Street when Mr. Liszewski crossed the double line that night.

But I don't think our prison system has much to offer by way of treatment. There isn't a prison in the United States that isn't infested with drugs.

Every car should have an ignition lock installed to prevent everyone - first timers as well as 4-time losers - from operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

We know all too well that taking away a driver's license doesn't prevent people from driving drunk.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    I believe Gowanda State Prison still has its Drug and alcohol treament as least it had when I was working i sent a few men there when I was an officer of the court. I think you missed my point it was about the judge more than the driver. It is judges like him that puts others in harms way when they fail to do their jobs right.
    So the first judge is responsible for his second DWI, the second judge is responsible for his third DWI, the third judge is responsible for his fourth DWI, and the fourth judge will be responsible for his fifth DWI?

How about we shortcut it - he is responsible for all of his DWI's, no one else.

The best reahb programs have a 90% failure rate. We've got a long way to go before we can assert that a judge's decision would have prevented future behavior of the culprit.

Gowanda has a volunteer run AA program, I see the men who run it when I go in...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Gowanda has a volunteer run AA program, I see the men who run it when I go in...
    So maybe Lindsay Lohan's problem is she just visits the wrong jails....

What would prevent a drunk from having a sober person (perhaps his child) from blowing into the ignition lock? I understand the intent of the lock is noble, but it's too easily worked around, isn't it?

Thread Information