Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Gun Center

FREE Firearm Safety & Pistol Permit Course

Saturday, February 20,
    9 AM - 2 PM- Harvey D. Morin VFW Post # 2940

http://empactamerica.org/firearm-safety/

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Why so long? It's a three hour course, no?

three hours for PP the extra time is for rifle and shot gun safety that they are giving.

The class will be a certified NY Pistol Permit Course and will include basic rifle, shotgun and handgun safety, range safety, home safety (including proper storage and use), firearm familiarity, functioning, operation, care and nomenclature - and other state-required topics – plus, what to do (and not do) in the event of a home intruder.

There are a lot of guns in NY. and cuomo has no idea where they all are.
    How Many Guns Does Your State Have? A Look At The Numbers, Plus Comparisons To Other Countries
    http://concealednation.org/2016/01/h...her-countries/

now here is a real idiot. South Buffalo man convicted after firing gun he had in his pants.

Peter J. Kohler’s friends are willing to do a lot for him, but there are limits.

That’s why a friend held a party for his birthday last year on Feb. 19. But Kohler, already on probation for a prior weapons conviction, brought a gun to the party, and after becoming intoxicated, he accidentally fired it in his pants.

To avoid more trouble, a friend took away the weapon– a .22-caliber revolver – before walking Kohler to his home on Hopkins Street in South Buffalo.

The gesture backfired when they were stopped by police and the friend was charged with weapon possession and Kohler wasn’t. However, Buffalo Police investigated, and DNA results and other evidence led a grand jury to charge Kohler instead.

By the time the case went to trial last week in State Supreme Court, jurors were able to hear recorded telephone conversations in which Kohler tries to bribe his friend to take the fall for him. The friend passed on the offer, and the jury convicted Kohler of second degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class C felony.

Sentencing is set before Justice Christopher Burns on Feb. 26

OMG when Cuomo seen this he probably crawled under his desk and the libs screaming

Gun industry jobs up almost 75 percent under Obama..
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...?intcmp=hplnws

The number of full-time jobs in the firearms industry increased from about 166,000 in 2008 to nearly 288,000, according to a new report from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, or NSSF. That represents a 73 percent increase.

In 2015 alone, the gun industry went from 263,223 jobs to 287,986, an increase of nearly 25,000 jobs.

thanks to Obama again gun sales are off the wall.

Sheriff Mike Scott of Lee County, Florida Has A Little Something To Say.

"In predictable fashion, President Obama and his acolytes immediately responded to the recent tragedy in Orlando by blaming guns. In turn, gun and ammo sales skyrocket, as they have in every instance prior; making Obama's rhetoric once again largely responsible for record numbers of guns and ammo flying off shelves across this nation. Mere hours before hundreds were killed by ISIS in the gun-free zone of Paris, Obama is on record declaring ISIS as being “contained.” Recall, not long ago he referred to them as the JV Team. More aggression would follow, demonstrating he hasn't a clue and that ISIS is not “on defense” as he also stated publically; they are very much “on offense.” Every law abiding citizen in this country has and should have the right to protect themselves, their business, and their family. The first responder is rarely a law enforcement officer…the first responder is typically the victim. Those who think terrorists or anyone else that is mentally insane or criminally inclined will comply with new gun laws are sadly mistaken. Televised beheadings involved knives, Oklahoma City involved fertilizer, 9/11 involved airplanes, and the Boston Marathon involved pipes. Need we more examples of the resolve to do damage with or without guns? If you look like food, you will be eaten and increasingly so over the last (8) years, examples of our vulnerability abound under a Shepherd and some sheep who seem unable or unwilling to realize that the wolf is not a gun. My team and I operate a fantastic, indoor shooting facility in addition to other great shooting facilities in SW Florida that are privately operated. I encourage firearms familiarization and training for the law abiding citizens that are so inclined, and concealed carry applications are available at my offices around the county. Additionally, we are happy to visit businesses, places of worship, or community groups with personal safety and situational awareness presentations that I know you would find interesting and helpful." - Sheriff Mike

From the I-Ain't-Just-Whistling-Dixie Department: one gun store warehouse in Pennsylvania sold over 30,000 AR-15s in under a week, following the Orlando terror attack. And just like I -- and I suppose Sheriff Mike -- predicted, AK-47s from every manufacturer are flying off the shelves, right along with the 30 round mags to feed them. My advice? Don't get left out in the cold

Michael Gonzalez
    Post-Tribune

June 21, 2016, 8:30 PM

The U.S. Senate voted almost entirely along party lines Monday to make sure four gun control amendments fell short of passage. But most of those elected officials fell short of what most people want, local officials said Tuesday.

The votes showed national leaders were more concerned with their electoral successes than with public safety, several said.

"My God, don't these people read newspapers?" asked Lake County Sheriff John Buncich, listing headline-grabbing gun violence nationwide. "If you're a gun-toting, law-abiding citizen, you have nothing to worry about, but we're talking about putting restrictions on people who have no regard for human life, whether they're domestic gangbangers or foreigners looking to harm people."

The four amendments — two by Democrats and two by Republicans — would have expanded background checks for new firearm purchases from gun shows and online and made it a crime to not report lost or stolen firearms; temporarily blocked known or suspected terrorists from buying firearms without federal government intervention; allowed the U.S. attorney general's office to block a gun sale to anyone suspected of engaging in terrorist activity; and shored up the background check system for potential firearms buyers, and regulated the ability of people with mental health issues to buy guns.The two Democrat plans were the Murphy and Feinstein amendments, while the two GOP proposals were the Grassley and Cornyn measures. Had they passed, the amendments would have been attached to a funding bill for a number of federal agencies.

The Senate vote came in the wake of the Orland, Florida, nightclub massacre, in which 49 people were killed and 53 were injured by a lone gunman, Omar Mateen. The killings renewed calls for tighter restrictions on guns. Mateen had been the focus of two terror investigations that were dropped.

With some exceptions, each party's members, including Indiana's Republican Sen. Dan Coats, voted along party lines. Democratic Sen. Joe Donnelly, however, bucked that trend, voting for all four gun control measures.

Sounds good to me.. I wonder how Andy feels about it..
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...im-to-do?sc=tw

What are the benefits of a pistol grip on a shotgun? I can see the use of one on the pump.

Not trolling. Can see the use for hunting but I'm sure you probably can't fling sabot at them, in home defense slugs wouldn't be wise I'm guessing. Btw, free deer on the roadside from two roads in Clarence. Is that legal to advertise? Seems a bit wasteful to just keep going and call the insurance.
    Last edited by silentnoise; November 16th, 2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: pm for where

Time to repeal the NY Safe Act - call, write, email your Congressman/women -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

cuomo has to be crying about this. http://tribunist.com/news/americans-...?utm_source=SR

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread Information