Thread: Why can't a keyboard be shipped to New York State?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Why can't a keyboard be shipped to New York State?

Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard RK-9000 with Cherry MX Blue Switch
    Item #: N82E16823201040
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    This product cannot be shipped to NY. Please remove from cart or change destination.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823201040

I want this keyboard. Why do you think this could not be shipped into NYS from Newegg?

1 - It looks like you can get it on Amazon and it ships to NY. It's also cheaper on Amazon.

2 - It looks like this site blocks IL, NC and NY. I am going to assume it has something to do with an internet sales tax.

It seems to be just the Rosewill keyboards that can't be shipped to NY from newegg. I put a Canon camera, a different Rosewill keyboard, a Logitech keyboard and a Rosewill camera kit in my shopping cart. The two different Rosewill keyboards were the only items that indicated they could not be shipped to NY. That's weird.

Logitech 920-000914 Black USB Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard Item #: N82E16823126043Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard RK-9000 with Cherry MX Blue Switch Item #: N82E16823201040Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    This product cannot be shipped to NY. Please remove from cart or change destination.

Rosewill RKM-1000RF (RIKB-11005) 2.4 GHz Wireless Slim Keyboard and Mouse Combo Item #: N82E16823201050Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Rosewill RDIA-12001 Digital Camera Starter Kit Item #: N82E16830990006Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Canon EOS REBEL T3i Black 18 MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Item #: N82E16830120520Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

Georgia L Schlager

some weird carpal tunnel lawsuit issue maybe?
    first I've ever seen a keyboard banned from NY by a company
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I want this keyboard. Why do you think this could not be shipped into NYS from Newegg?
    Probably has something to do with e-waste fees.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Probably has something to do with e-waste fees.
    I found out that is correct. I was curious about this thread so I asked about it on another board and someone there was bored enough to call newegg, according to their post
    newegg is the manufacture of rosewill. NY, IL, and NC have enacted e-waste recycling fees that are imposed on a manufacture selling to these states. If its just a retailer selling to the states they do not have to collect the fee. So you probably can order the keyboard on amazon, but if newegg as the manufacture sells it to you they are charged a fee so its easier for them to just not sell in these 3 states. Thank you nanny state yet again.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I found out that is correct. I was curious about this thread so I asked about it on another board and someone there was bored enough to call newegg, according to their post
    Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't figure out why a Logitech keyboard could be shipped and the Rosewill coud not. Leave it to NYS to levy a tax (fee)

Georgia L Schlager

Weird.... never seen that before and I buy from newegg monthly. Logitech is much better anyways, maybe they are trying to help ya out Tony.

Edit - now I see, should have read the rest of the post. Man, what a joke and stinking mess the Democrats have made of NY. Please stop voting for any idiot that runs on that party line folks! PLEASE!

Not only is that the part of murdering children (and that proudly) they are now our momma.. idiots personified, and Tony I am being nice here... didn't call 'em evil this time, even thought they are.
    Last edited by Frank Broughton; January 13th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I grew up a mile from Onondaga Lake.

Taxpayers ended up footing bill for the waste dumped into the lake by surrounding industries.

Subsidizing an industry by allowing them a free pass on the cost associated with the waste generated by their products is no different than giving them a direst subsidy.

If they are not willing to take financial responsibility to the costs that would otherwise be placed on society by their products then they should just stop manufacturing the products.

Because you can spell the word assault weapon.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information