Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAX INCREASE! Why not cut salaries by 1% across the board?

TAX INCREASE! Why not cut salaries by 1% across the board?

Why not cut salaries by 1% across the board? Why not cut all departments by 1% across the board and let the department heads make that choice? This tax increase is just a start of the ball rolling, next year it will be 5%, year after that 7%. But yet were paying Meegans best friend over $80,000. to watch the Seniors at dances. Meegans best friends daughter then gets hired as her assistant making now much? Meegans friends and family plan. What a joke! What do you think?
    Last edited by luv2fish; November 14th, 2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: misspelled word

We are lucky that our NEW Republican Supervisor
    decreased our taxes by 1%. Do you have a
    democrat for your town Supervisor?

80,000 for the seniors? Are you serious?

It does sound like you guys might have it worse in WS
    than in Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    Why not cut salaries by 1% across the board? Why not cut all departments by 1% across the board and let the department heads make that choice? This tax increase is just a start of the ball rolling, next year it will be 5%, year after that 7%. But yet were paying Meegans best friend over $80,000. to watch the Seniors at dances. Meegans best friends daughter then gets hired as her assistant making now much? Meegans friends and family plan. What a joke! What do you think?
    Maybe because salaries are already low enough?
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post

Your take on municipal salaries is that they are "already low enough " ? Really?

Do you know about the Josefiak situation? She was getting $85 a hour double Overtime pay the Buffalo news reported for watching Seniors at a dance. She makes over $80,000.00 salary for being a Director? Thats one example. But if you feel that way and your a West Seneca Tax Payer then you have that right. I disagree but you have that right. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You are so funny... and unrealistic...

It does not appear that anyone had any real issue with the budget given the newspaper account.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    We are lucky that our NEW Republican Supervisor
    decreased our taxes by 1%. Do you have a
    democrat for your town Supervisor?

80,000 for the seniors? Are you serious?

It does sound like you guys might have it worse in WS
    than in Lancaster.
    We have the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" controlling our town board. They even mail out before elections how they are cutting taxes yet they raise taxes. I asked one of our council people about the mailers sent out in their behalf and was told... He didn't know what was on the mailers. Seems irresponsible not knowing what your mailing out to your own community.

Their excuse quite often is their hands are tied with contracts. My only answer is who tied them in the first place. The "Cheektowaga Democratic Party"

I can't wait until 2013.. I think 3 seats are up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    It does not appear that anyone had any real issue with the budget given the newspaper account.
    DT,

1% here and 1% there and before you know it you are the highest taxes region in the USA.

Someone once said something like... Each drop of water never blames each other for the flood they causes.. something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    Do you know about the Josefiak situation? She was getting $85 a hour double Overtime pay the Buffalo news reported for watching Seniors at a dance. She makes over $80,000.00 salary for being a Director? Thats one example. But if you feel that way and your a West Seneca Tax Payer then you have that right. I disagree but you have that right. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    Only 80K for being a director? I'm not at that management level yet, and I make about that much at my full time position.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    We have the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" controlling our town board. They even mail out before elections how they are cutting taxes yet they raise taxes. I asked one of our council people about the mailers sent out in their behalf and was told... He didn't know what was on the mailers. Seems irresponsible not knowing what your mailing out to your own community.

Their excuse quite often is their hands are tied with contracts. My only answer is who tied them in the first place. The "Cheektowaga Democratic Party"

I can't wait until 2013.. I think 3 seats are up.
    Interestingly, they were elected, and people seem to think they're doing a pretty ok job. Except the extreme minority that comes here to kvetch.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    DT,

1% here and 1% there and before you know it you are the highest taxes region in the USA.

Someone once said something like... Each drop of water never blames each other for the flood they causes.. something like that.
    Maybe highest taxed CITY/TOWN/VILLAGE. My taxes in Buffalo are quite reasonable, given the breadth of services supplied.

Yes NBuffalo and pigs fly. LOL

In a democracy we are governed by those who the majority determines and the policies they set. If the people had an issue with the budget they had an opportunity to so state their position and urge that it be changed. Apparently in West Seneca we are content with reduced representation and saving roughly $60k a year and a near 3% increase in the tax levy.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Also NBUFF the Buffalo school system is one of the best in WNY! The sewer system is not archaic, the peace bridge will be done next week, the 100% Democratic counsel is not split and Im doing my Black Friday shpping at the Downtown Bass Pro LOL enough jokes already

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe highest taxed CITY/TOWN/VILLAGE. My taxes in Buffalo are quite reasonable, given the breadth of services supplied.

Population in 2010: 261,310. Population change since 2000: -10.7%

Fact taken from here:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Buffalo-New-York.html

25,000+ people thought otherwise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information