Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Garbage totes?

New Garbage Day or Just Backed Up?

Hi folks, little did I know that this tread would be one of the biggest when I started it!

Anyway, my garbage day is Friday, however, for the past two weeks, it has not been collected until Saturday morning. When I received my tote it said my garbage day is Friday. This may be due to the holidays or getting used to the new system, but has anyone else experienced their garbage being picked up a day later?

Thanks!

Christmas Day and New YEars Day are holidays so collection is delayed by 1 day

lots of complaints in the cheek source about the totes....
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I want my garbage can back.. WHAT a freak pain in the ass the totes are. At least for me. They are just big and the lid is a pain in the ass being hinged. I haven't purchased large can liners yet. I still have the can liners from the old can which are far too small to be useful in the tote.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I want my garbage can back.. WHAT a freak pain in the ass the totes are. At least for me. They are just big and the lid is a pain in the ass being hinged. I haven't purchased large can liners yet. I still have the can liners from the old can which are far too small to be useful in the tote.
    Really? I hope you're being sarcastic. They're just garbage cans! I lived in Buffalo until we bought our house three years ago and my parents still have their original totes which were given to them almost a decade ago. If anything, at least they're durable. In the three years we've lived here, we've had to purchase 5 cans because the waste collectors abuse them. Just to give you a few examples, the bottom of one can had a hole kicked into it, another can's lid was ripped in half because someone couldn't take an extra millisecond to undo the fastener. These weren't cheap either ($30 from Home Depot).

Anyway, these cans work, they come in smaller sizes if you REALLY need to have a smaller one or can't move it. Again, if you were being sarcastic I apologize for the rant, but seriously... it's a garbage can.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevehill View Post
    Really? I hope you're being sarcastic. They're just garbage cans! I lived in Buffalo until we bought our house three years ago and my parents still have their original totes which were given to them almost a decade ago. If anything, at least they're durable. In the three years we've lived here, we've had to purchase 5 cans because the waste collectors abuse them. Just to give you a few examples, the bottom of one can had a hole kicked into it, another can's lid was ripped in half because someone couldn't take an extra millisecond to undo the fastener. These weren't cheap either ($30 from Home Depot).

Anyway, these cans work, they come in smaller sizes if you REALLY need to have a smaller one or can't move it. Again, if you were being sarcastic I apologize for the rant, but seriously... it's a garbage can.
    I am serious.

The tote is far larger than what we had before hand. The can we had was on wheels, pretty solid as a garbage can goes and a 55 gallon drum liner fit great. Lid rested on top. Even the chipmunk that lives in the rain spout could not get in. You didn't need space behind it for the tote lid to drop down if it wanted it open. If I originally wanted a 95 gallon garbage can for my home on my property I would have purchased a 95 gallon can. Yes it is only a garbage can but it is still a pain in the ass. When the guys came by garbage day they just lifted the top, pulled the one neat/clean bag out, laid the lid down and they were on there way. THAT DOESN"T MEAN I AGREE with getting paid 8 hours for working 4 either. We can thank the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" for that one. They needed support come election time.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information