Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flood insurance for 2nd ward

I will Diane. Nice job so far. And I agree, we need people like you who can dedicate the time required to represent us as council person for the second ward. And we could use your "persistence" haha

maybe it's just my computer, but this link doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me?

By the end of October you cannot access the Buffalo News for free...you must PAY to read the paper on line.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nope...link wouldn't work for me either.....

That's who I have been working with. Kearns & Dixon.

Jen - We have 76 completed. Maybe more since I have been giving out website & hard copies. Know City desperately needs to dredge the creek. Maybe that's what FEMA is looking at. I will try & find out.

I don't think the creek was dredged or brush cleaned up since Kuryak was Mayor. ( I could be wrong, but I think it was Kuryak). He had some agreement with the prison system & prisoners were cleaning up the foilage around & debris inside the creek. Remember because Jimmy Gordon was a corrections officer and was in charge of one detail.

Nope. It's me. Sorry about that.

ok I will try again. When you do take the survey have your policy ready so you know what company the insurance is with & how much your annual premium is.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Michael-P-Kearns or e-mail his office for it. His e-mail is kearns@assembly.state.ny.us

try it now. Forgot the mem in the link
    Last edited by Diane Kozak; October 22nd, 2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: forgot one more thing

Works now with the mem in the website. There is a link entitled "Lackawanna Flood Plain Insurance Survey. Just make sure you know the insurance company name & premium you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by highestpropertytaxes View Post
    That would be a good cause for Annette to take up. It would benefit a great deal of her constituents. I hope Annette can show the persistence to see it through, as I'm sure she will hit a lot of beaurocratic red tape along the way
    Annette is showing persistence. She was with Congressman Higgins today and he is taking up our cause with FEMA.

Isn't that just fine and dandy? Diane works to get data ready for Kearns to submit to Higgins like he did in Bflo & Annette comes along as if she is doing the work. Typical.
    I haven't received or read one thing from Iafallo on obtaining and submitting survey for flood insurance. Jennrose, give credit where credit is due- Mrs. Diane Kozak Annette is a puppet for loser school board president we had. Connection to him isn't a good thing for anyone in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Isn't that just fine and dandy? Diane works to get data ready for Kearns to submit to Higgins like he did in Bflo & Annette comes along as if she is doing the work. Typical.
    I haven't received or read one thing from Iafallo on obtaining and submitting survey for flood insurance. Jennrose, give credit where credit is due- Mrs. Diane Kozak Annette is a puppet for loser school board president we had. Connection to him isn't a good thing for anyone in LA.
    Yes, thank you Diane for showing the initiative. Who here remembers when Volker almost hurt himself jumping on the bandwagon for taking the I190 toll booths down when others spearheaded it

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    I believe I am giving credit where credit is due. I think it's great that multiple parties are finally working to bring attention to some real issues in Lackawanna. Mrs. Iafallo canvassed the city and received over 500 signatures asking FEMA to look into why we are still paying flood insurance. She then had the connections to get someone to pay attention to us and followed up on that. It doesn't matter how many good ideas you have, if you can't get the attention nothing will get done.

I'm not saying the surveys are not important. I took the survey and I also signed the petition. It seems like the 500 signature petition had more clout than the 76 person completed survey.

I also would not be so quick to call Annette a puppet. She is an honest public servant and I believe she has always done the best she could given the circumstances she had to work with. She truly cares about the city and is excellent with follow up. That is what we need in city hall.

You obviously do not know Annette as well as others do. Also, I can have 500+ people sign a petition but it doesn't mean it is going anywhere. FEMA wants more than a signature, hence the survey. None of this is new here regarding the flood insurance~Kozub, Szymanski etc. all empty political promises or did they just tucker out?
    Again, I have not read or received one thing from Iafallo regarding flood insurance - at least I know the surveys were for anyone paying the insurance not just a select few residing in the 2nd ward.
    Are you aware of the entire process that goes on with FEMA?

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I believe I am giving credit where credit is due. I think it's great that multiple parties are finally working to bring attention to some real issues in Lackawanna. Mrs. Iafallo canvassed the city and received over 500 signatures asking FEMA to look into why we are still paying flood insurance. She then had the connections to get someone to pay attention to us and followed up on that. It doesn't matter how many good ideas you have, if you can't get the attention nothing will get done.

I'm not saying the surveys are not important. I took the survey and I also signed the petition. It seems like the 500 signature petition had more clout than the 76 person completed survey.

I also would not be so quick to call Annette a puppet. She is an honest public servant and I believe she has always done the best she could given the circumstances she had to work with. She truly cares about the city and is excellent with follow up. That is what we need in city hall.
    The petition signatures have been collected time and time again over the last 10 years by Higgins,Kozub, Szymanski? and others complaining about flood insurance. They have failed time and time again to move anything foward. So Annette getting petition signatures is staying the course and getting nothing accomplished. If that's what you want to do then by all means vote for her. She has no connections outside of the mayor and the city's circle of friends to guide her. If you want someone who can work with all parties involved in this process and know how it truly works then vote for Diane. The survey is what needs to be done to rid the city of this FEMA mandate. Are you saying Assemblyman Kearns doesn't know what he is doing? He is the ONLY one, who knows what he is doing on this as he did it in South Buffalo. Even Rep.Higgins couldn't tell you how to do it, he doesn't have a clue. Call his office and see for yourself as several other people have over the last few years.Stop listening to the circle of friends and family already. They have had 40 years of unchecked power to change this city they haven't and its obvious they won't.

By the way when was the last time Higgins did anything worthwhile for the City of Lackawanna? If you want to know what he thinks of it, drive by the bridge by the Golf Course Club House on South Park and see where he stopped the South Park improvement project right at the city line.

Quote Originally Posted by highestpropertytaxes View Post
    Yes, thank you Diane for showing the initiative. Who here remembers when Volker almost hurt himself jumping on the bandwagon for taking the I190 toll booths down when others spearheaded it
    This is exactly what Higgins did in South Buffalo let someone else do all the work (Kearns) then pulled the rug out from under him when he (Kearns) made it happen and took credit for it himself. Nice. Don't believe me ask people who worked on it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information