Thread: Ready for a Mid year property tax increase

Ready for a Mid year property tax increase

Debenedeti is looking into raising the property taxes right now and a sales tax increase to boot. We have to stop these maniacs. What little is left of business will be gone along with the reat of the taxpayers.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Be at that emergency meeting tuesday at 11.... let them know how you feel

Cire
    it really boggle smy mind how these guys can spend all of this time finding "creative" ways to increase taxes, but can't find any creative ways to cut spending. Cost saving measures like sending most DMV work to car dealers or AAA like they do in other states doesn't even get a look, buit they will go out of their way to find a way to tax us. This drives me crazy

What are tehy going to do creatively when there is nearly no one or nothing left to tax ?

When they are taxing teh few remaining producers and it is not nearly enough and they demand those people take second jobs so they can tax that too at 100% for more revenue ?

These guys never ever learn !

I haven't heard anyone talking about following Nancy's suggestion and going through Social Services with a fine-tooth comb.

Isn't that the new hiding place place for Joel's friends and family.

How about get a list of all non-civil service employees. Fire them all. There goes friends and family.

Guess that would mean legislator's aides. Bye bye!!

Is it true that Al and the Divine Miss M are practicing "There Must Be Fifty Ways to Raise Your Taxes" as a duet for next Tuesday's meeting?
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Originally posted by biker
    I haven't heard anyone talking about following Nancy's suggestion and going through Social Services with a fine-tooth comb.

Isn't that the new hiding place place for Joel's friends and family.

How about get a list of all non-civil service employees. Fire them all. There goes friends and family.

Guess that would mean legislator's aides. Bye bye!!

Is it true that Al and the Divine Miss M are practicing "There Must Be Fifty Ways to Raise Your Taxes" as a duet for next Tuesday's meeting?
    Biker, you are right about the dept of Social Services being the place Joel is hiding alot of his "friends & family". But it's not new. I know for a fact of two people who are in that dept. Never took a civil service exam, caused a big stir with union employees who DID take the exam -- and they are STILL there. They even got promotions from "uncle Joel".

But they deserved them, because they worked "really hard" on his re election campaign.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Fine tooth comb at ECC also.

So, we could ask Personnel Director Greenan for a list of non-Civil Service people.

Wait, wait.

At her April 4th community meetings, the Divine Miss M said she had already asked for such a list from his eminence.

She probably already has it.

She's probably going to use it to call for cutbacks at Tuesday's meetings.

And here I thought she was going to lead the stampede for tax increases.

Shame on me!!
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Thread Information