Thread: Control Board extends wage freeze (sort of)

Control Board extends wage freeze (sort of)

The Buffalo Fiscal Stability Board Has extended the wage freeze to every one except James Williams, the new superintendent of the Buffalo Public Schools to whom they awarded a raise of thirty five thousand dollars, even though he hasn't even started yet.
    Hummm....
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

WHAT?
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

It was in the news. The new school superintendent is going to make thirty five thousand dollars more than Canedado.
    He also is not subject to any performance levels, if things don't improve he will not be held acountable for it.
    I don't make these things up.
    The only thing the control board controls is the union wages, everything else they still let go out of control.
    You think they have an agenda?
    I think they have the public fooled.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Re: Control Board extends wage freeze (sort of)

Originally posted by citymouse
    The Buffalo Fiscal Stability Board Has extended the wage freeze to every one except James Williams
    The only thing the control board controls is the union wages, everything else they still let go out of control
    so you're saying everyone except James Williams is in a Union?

Anyway, you're right that Williams shouldn't be getting a free (well paid) ride with no performance review. With his salary he should be reviewed MORE often than others.

Control Boards function

is to break the City Unions. I can see that from here. Why else would they go after that police contract that was in place before the board was in power. It will be interesting to see how that pans out in court. If the board wins that case, they will win them all.

They have just lost another case against the Blue Collar Unit. It was thier seconed appeal against a no lay off clause in the city blue contract.
    They lost the initial decision, the first and seconed appeal and rumor has it they are going to try and appeal it at a higher level yet again.
    Ironic isn't it. The no lay off clause is kind of redundant because the work force has already been reduced to the bare minimum needed to get the job done. The only reason to lay people off is to contract the job out.
    Then Tobe from the control board says they don't want to canablize the work force, which he thinks they would have to do if they lift the wage freeze, (also being challanged in court).
    Yet they just increased thier budget, that comes from our tax dollars, three hundred thousand dollars for increased court costs to fight the no layoff clause, among other things.
    If you don't want to cannabalize the work force by laying people off, then why waste more tax payer money fighting a no lay off clause you haven't won in three tries.

But, after all, it's not their money they are wasting, it's your and mine.

Read the article in todays paper and get a gander at the benefits package Williams is getting along with his 800 dollar a day salary.
    And you people say the unions are out of line.
    But he is going to get it, with little or no argument.
    There is your control board for you.

His salary is along the lines of $265K plus benefits or something. That could be a bit high.. but come on.... who is worth that kind of dough?

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    His salary is along the lines of $265K plus benefits or something. That could be a bit high.. but come on.... who is worth that kind of dough?
    On top of all that, he got around $25,000 more to cover his relocation costs! This for a man who was asked to vacate his old position. I am so sick of shaking my head in disbelief around here

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by citymouse
    Read the article in todays paper and get a gander at the benefits package Williams is getting along with his 800 dollar a day salary.
    And you people say the unions are out of line.
    But he is going to get it, with little or no argument.
    There is your control board for you.

Just because he's out of line doesn't mean it's ok to allow the unions to be out of line..

I can't believe they don't have a performance issue attached to his salary.

What is the yardstick?
    The control board claims the unions are out of line, and they have to be brought back to fiscal reality.
    Then they do something like this.
    Please.
    Rather hipicritical wouldn't you agree.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    I can't believe they don't have a performance issue attached to his salary.
    Read the article.

Thread Information