Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staging - New Thread

Staging - New Thread

It was reported in these economic times that homes that are older, require some staging expertise. It is reported that a home requiring organization, removing the personal pictures and staging the furniture will enhance the sale.

It was also reported, that in the hot jobs today, Staging ranked number one. I personally feel that staging your house has a distinct advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    It was reported in these economic times that homes that are older, require some staging expertise. It is reported that a home requiring organization, removing the personal pictures and staging the furniture will enhance the sale.

It was also reported, that in the hot jobs today, Staging ranked number one. I personally feel that staging your house has a distinct advantage.
    It depends on the home imho and the buyer - some buyers would rather see personal pictures of family and happy times - it makes them feel like the house is a "home" - they like the fact a xmas tree is up etc etc

emotions play a huge roll sometimes in a buyers purchase - too much sometimes.

yes staging to a certain extent can work well - getting a home in good condition and showing it that way is staging - some people do need that extra help, Ill give you that.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Does one

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    It depends on the home imho and the buyer - some buyers would rather see personal pictures of family and happy times - it makes them feel like the house is a "home" - they like the fact a xmas tree is up etc etc

emotions play a huge roll sometimes in a buyers purchase - too much sometimes.

yes staging to a certain extent can work well - getting a home in good condition and showing it that way is staging - some people do need that extra help, Ill give you that.

have to be experienced or certified in staging?

You're right about the pics though, when I sold my house, the agent told me to keep my family photo's up. The biggest concern people had when going through my house, was picturing their own stuff in the house. We used a diningroom as another home office due to our careers. During the open houses, people could not invision their diningroom tables in the room.

have to be experienced or certified in staging?

You're right about the pics though, when I sold my house, the agent told me to keep my family photo's up. The biggest concern people had when going through my house, was picturing their own stuff in the house. We used a diningroom as another home office due to our careers. During the open houses, people could not invision their diningroom tables in the room.

anyone with a good eye can stage ........ but as anything involving home sales, if someone hires you and their house doesnt sell, its going to be YOUR fault lol - keep that in mind.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    anyone with a good eye can stage ........ but as anything involving home sales, if someone hires you and their house doesnt sell, its going to be YOUR fault lol - keep that in mind.
    Does real estate companies hire stagers? Or are they private?

Anybody can hire a stager. Sometimes the RE Agent but usually the property owner. To be honest they aren't used around here too much.

Thumbs up to be or not to be

Let's start with a simple question, "Is it worth to hire a professional stager?"

My personal answer is, "it depends on a situation and a seller' budget." When a house worth 100K, is empty, a seller is willing to negotiate in order to sell it as quickly as possible, and doesn't want to spend an extra penny on improvement because for different-personal reasons, is i smart to drag time and money?

I expect different view and answers but it general it's a personal choice. When it comes to marketing and how much is spent/invested in it, there's a difference between 100K and 100000K homes.

Does real estate companies hire stagers? Or are they private?

the agent has the home owner hire them - I would not pay someone to do that, my pay is for what I do - I do not stage
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Thumbs up

Declutter and arrange furniture and assessories, so it's presentable and gives a cozy-warming first impression!

Don't block windows and leave as much naural light as much as possible!

Clean a kitchen and a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Let's start with a simple question, "Is it worth to hire a professional stager?"

My personal answer is, "it depends on a situation and a seller' budget." When a house worth 100K, is empty, a seller is willing to negotiate in order to sell it as quickly as possible, and doesn't want to spend an extra penny on improvement because for different-personal reasons, is i smart to drag time and money?

I expect different view and answers but it general it's a personal choice. When it comes to marketing and how much is spent/invested in it, there's a difference between 100K and 100000K homes.
    A successful licensed real estate broker/agent would never assume, as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Declutter and arrange furniture and assessories, so it's presentable and gives a cozy-warming first impression!

Don't block windows and leave as much naural light as much as possible!

Clean a kitchen and a basement!
    This is probably a whole lot more effective than hiring a "stager", especially if you have a house in the $100,000 range.

Making small but effective repairs helps, too: complete unfinished projects; patch any holes or cracks and repaint; replace dated ceiling fixtures, broken screens, tighten porch railings, clean up/spruce up the front yard, etc.

I like watching HGTV (which is basically just a real estate channel.)

They have a show there that's all about staging. In it, people will spend $10k, or whatever, to prep their property. And, the stager can show that, instead of getting $700,000, they got $750,000 -- so the 10k was a good investment.

Needless to say, it's a different story in WNY.

Thumbs up Staging info:

Let's get to basics. What is staging, anyway? According to the Realtor.org, staging is the process of enhancing the impression a prospective buyer has about a home. Staging is all about removing things from your home that make it look smaller, drab or dated. It differs from decorating because decorating involves bringing things into the home to enhance the look of it.

the key of staging is simplicity and getting perspective buyers to a place where they can picture themselves in the home. Focus on these staging basics:
    1. Declutter
    2. Neutralize
    3. Keep it clean

To learn more about staging go to http://www.realtor.org and enter "Staging" in the search field. You'll find the FIELD GUIDE to PREPARING anf STAGING a HOUSE for SALE, offering in-depth staging and curb appeal information.

Staging is critical to sell a house for the greatest value. I remember staging one I sold and it really helped tremendously. We did use a few tricks that I haven’t seen on any of the television programs devoted to staging.

For one, I saved cardboard toilet paper tubes. If you glue these together, end to end, and paint them white, you can stick them to the rafters in your basement and potential buyers will be led to believe that you actually have one of them sewage systems in your house. You can do the same thing with those cardboard tubes from coat hangers and make it look like you have running water too. If you go to the dump, most times you can find an old hot water heater to put in the basement corner and if you run the cardboard tubes to it…..presto!!! however, if you do this, it’s best to remove the outhouse from your backyard and throw a piece of cardboard over the hole. I painted my cardboard green with yellar spots so it’d blend with the weeds and dandylions.

Next, that car on blocks in the front yard has to go. But, it ain’t got tires so it’s gonna be a bear to move. The secret is to not trim the weeds around it for a few months. Then, nobody ain’t never gonna know it’s there! You could use a shovel and bury it but that’s a ton of work.

It also helps to take some cardboard and paint it the same color as your shingles to patch them holes in the roof. Depending on the number of holes, it might be cheaper to paint the remaining shingles light brown to blend in with the cardboard.

I got a ton of other staging techniques if anyone is interested.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    Staging is critical to sell a house for the greatest value. I remember staging one I sold and it really helped tremendously. We did use a few tricks that I haven’t seen on any of the television programs devoted to staging.

For one, I saved cardboard toilet paper tubes. If you glue these together, end to end, and paint them white, you can stick them to the rafters in your basement and potential buyers will be led to believe that you actually have one of them sewage systems in your house. You can do the same thing with those cardboard tubes from coat hangers and make it look like you have running water too. If you go to the dump, most times you can find an old hot water heater to put in the basement corner and if you run the cardboard tubes to it…..presto!!! however, if you do this, it’s best to remove the outhouse from your backyard and throw a piece of cardboard over the hole. I painted my cardboard green with yellar spots so it’d blend with the weeds and dandylions.

Next, that car on blocks in the front yard has to go. But, it ain’t got tires so it’s gonna be a bear to move. The secret is to not trim the weeds around it for a few months. Then, nobody ain’t never gonna know it’s there! You could use a shovel and bury it but that’s a ton of work.

It also helps to take some cardboard and paint it the same color as your shingles to patch them holes in the roof. Depending on the number of holes, it might be cheaper to paint the remaining shingles light brown to blend in with the cardboard.

I got a ton of other staging techniques if anyone is interested.
    thank you - I will put this in a nice newsletters and send it out to for sale by owners lmao !!!!!
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information