Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must be seeing things - Animal Control

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I must be seeing things - Animal Control

I could of swore I saw a blue car with yellow lights mounted on top driving on stone road sunday. There was dark lettering on it that said animal control.

WHY do we need that car along with the expense? I see another larger type animal control type truck for live animal pickup with I guess is needed.

Anyone know what the dark blue passenger car is needed for?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I could of swore I saw a blue car with yellow lights mounted on top driving on stone road sunday. There was dark lettering on it that said animal control.

WHY do we need that car along with the expense? I see another larger type animal control type truck for live animal pickup with I guess is needed.

Smaller animals?
    Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Yes, it's needed to keep someones friend or relative empolyes by the town to either keep someone happy or earn some votes at YOUR expence!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was walking my dog and spotted it driving around and then stopping at a home on stone. I was like what the hell. Yellow "police" type lights on a passenger car for animal control.

Because they need it for one ft employee plus a phone.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Because they need it for one ft employee plus a phone.

Why is it needed?

Do deer really pull over when they clip on the yellow lights?

Do we have animal emergencies?

It's my understanding that the blue animal control vehicle is an old police car with over over 150,000 miles on it. It was set up primarily to handle the larger animals that need to be picked up and are difficult to lift into the truck. It is mostly driven by a part time animal control officer and not the full time officer.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    It's my understanding that the blue animal control vehicle is an old police car with over over 150,000 miles on it. It was set up primarily to handle the larger animals that need to be picked up and are difficult to lift into the truck. It is mostly driven by a part time animal control officer and not the full time officer.
    I just inquired about the car. What JustRetired said is accurate. They had two trucks but one had a major break down. The town figured it would be cheaper to run the car.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post

So they put the larger deer... remember we are not referring to anything larger than a deer right? Into the trunk of the car?

And the large animal control truck doesn't have an area to put a deer?

Or is that truck used for cat,dog woodchuck roadkill only? Live catch.

What type of larger animal does this control person handle?

A large White Tailed Deer Buck can weigh over 250 pounds. They put that in the truck of the car? I certainly hope they disinfect the trunk.

how many "animal" calls are there a week that we have a larger animal control truck and an extra blue old car with fancy yellow lights and hard to read lettering on it?

They should have let me letter it up. It would be much more obvious that it's animal control

The highway department handles all deer calls that are deceased.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Other than deer pickup what do the two people tooling around in the animal control vehicles do?

Do they keep exact records of what was picked up as road kill?

Other than picking up our dead what else do they do?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    I just inquired about the car. What JustRetired said is accurate. They had two trucks but one had a major break down. The town figured it would be cheaper to run the car.
    I think it would be wiser to take some of the padded overtime the employees take and use that for maintaining the animal control truck that was broken. Hell, I bet we could easy buy a NEW animal control truck with one or two of the padded court time some of our employees try to get.

The highway department picks up all dead animals in the town. Animal control deals with live animals.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
    The highway department picks up all dead animals in the town. Animal control deals with live animals.

So just lost dogs and cats? Were they returning a lost dog/cat to it's owner sunday on stone road?

I hope your not referring to "pest" type animals. We have private companies in WNY that do that.

So are all the "animal control" issue stored in a database? We have a crack shot computer guy who clocks loads of overtime. I'm wondering if he "computerized" that department. Hi Mark...

they were looking for me, I escaped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information