Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro Front Page Ad

Bass Pro Front Page Ad

Does The News have no shame?

A front page article on how great the fishing is in Lake Erie.

Shouldn't they have to put a disclaimer at the top of the story: "NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS AN UNPAID BLANDISHMENT FOR THE BASS PRO PROJECT. IT BELONGS ON THE EDITORIAL PAGE, BUT WE DON'T CARE."

I expect a piece by Murray Light in the next few days extolling this.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Murray Light??...............ugh!
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to add: their front-page lobbying wasn't enough. There's another story on p. 2 about how great the water quality is.

biker, its no wonder you find yourself vacationing all alone, traveling thousands and thousands of miles solo, without friends or family to share experiences with. Nobody can stand to be around chronic criers for very long.

According to you, everything is bad and everybody is conspiring against you, right? It must be terrible to go through life the way you, nocturnal and the other chronic crying naysayers do, it must be horrible.

You're constantly attempting to bring the happy and successful down to your lowly level of hellish existence. I truly feel for you.

In all sincerity, I can only encourage you to consider seeking some professional help. Apparently thats what its there for, folks like yourself. Go for it, biker. Thank me later if you must.

Well what was that about the quality of water being improved because of ? a different system? new filters? but there was something on the news about it. Didn't stay to listen.
    Boost--I know you're just living up to your name, but this question of edible fish is important. This is the place to discuss it. People have been eating a lot more of it and they all have mercury but the wild ocean fish. So it would be easy to eat too much. If the fish from the lakes and river are good, then we should see tests being done(probably are) and publicized.
    Please give us a small break on this very hot (but I'm not complaining!) day.

You don't understand.

He's a developer.

And the "boosting" is as in "I done boosted that boom box."

Originally posted by speaker
    Well what was that about the quality of water being improved because of ? a different system? new filters? but there was something on the news about it. Didn't stay to listen.
    Boost--I know you're just living up to your name, but this question of edible fish is important. This is the place to discuss it. People have been eating a lot more of it and they all have mercury but the wild ocean fish. So it would be easy to eat too much. If the fish from the lakes and river are good, then we should see tests being done(probably are) and publicized.
    Please give us a small break on this very hot (but I'm not complaining!) day.
    right on, speaker, you got it.

And I think it was yokes who pointed out that the warnings of potential mercury levels in gamefish are published often, and are included with your fishing license, every time.

The good news is that the level is tolorable to some extent and if you discard the belly meat and only keep the young ones of legal size, your chances of clean eating are fantastic. However, not many people fish for dinner any longer, sadly, and hopefully that'll change for the better as time continues.

But catching the big powerful ones is what the draw is, and we've got the big ones, and lots and lots of them.

And many people find fishing to be much more than just the thrill of the hunt and catch, too. Boating goes hand in hand with fishing and we've got the makings of incredible boating, right here. I can say this from vast experience here and elsewhere.

Hey, I was on the front page of the News today too... but it wasn't an ad and (surprisingly) it wasn't because I was arrested. See the story about volunteerism.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Good article, Westside

he's the guy with the broom

Originally posted by Buff Lifer
    he's the guy with the broom
    Which is how you can tell the photo was staged.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Looks like a shot worthy of "Wilson" on "Tool Time"

Hey, John, it was good to "see" a poster. I like your posts, so it was extra good.

Trust the SNOOZE to turn a story should have been about something the government has done right and that is good for WNY (ie, cleaning up waste discharges into streams and lakes that in turn resurrecteded sport fishing) into propaganda for Bass Pro! The WNY fishery is just that -- all of WNY, including Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, Chautauqua Lake, and Kinzua Reservoir. It also includes creeks and rivers too numerous to name from Niagara and Orleans Counties to the Southern Tier, not just Buffalo harbor and its environs. Bob DiCeasare, though, writes as if local people don't know what's here but will somehow learn about it from Bass Pro. ROFLMAO!

The fact is that local fishermen have known about the "world-class" fishery that's here for years. It's people who come here to fish from other parts of the country who are surprised by the fishery. It's no accident that Lake Erie and Lake Ontario have hosted numerous national tournaments over the years, and that avid fishermen do, indeed, know about WNY.

The fact is that Bass Pro is irrelevant to the popularity of the WNY fishery among anglers, local or national. The thing the idiots at the SNOOZE don't understand is that serious fishermen who come here to WNY to fish don't come with their wives and kids (unless they fish, too), and they don't come to shop at some mega sporting goods store. They come to FISH!!!!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Linda Dear, your world has got to be a funny strange place, it has got to be. I always enjoy your often-crazed posts.

And you're right about our supurb fishing in WNY. Its awesome.

Soon it wont be our big secret though, brace yourselves. Soon Bass Pro will tell the planet.

Good time for you sportsman enthusiasts entrepreneurs to gear up for business as the world will soon be informed and millions of cash carrying tourists will travel to Buffalo. Should be fun...

Linda, do you look forward to it? What's your farm community think?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information