Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Details emerge in the Meegan Josefiak Overtime

New Details emerge in the Meegan Josefiak Overtime

New Details emerge in the Meegan Josefiak Overtime

A Town Hall worker directed me to the following article.
    If you read the following Bee article.
    http://m.westsenecabee.com/news/2012...abolished.html

Dated May 24 2012 it is shown Meegan knew about the overtime and even mentions up to May 1 2012 it is on record that she earned 75 hours of overtime on top of her salary
    Here is a part of the article.
    "At the board’s May 7 meeting, Meegan said the director does not receive overtime compensation and that department heads such as Josefiak are not allowed to receive such payments.That was a different story on Monday when both admitted during the work session that Josefiak has been paid for some of the overtime hours she’s worked. According to the supervisor, Josefiak is contractually obligated to receive compensatory time since she is a member of the Civil Service Employees Association. Meegan said on Monday that she had previously been unaware of Josefiak receiving overtime. She told The Bee on Tuesday that Josefiak has received compensation for 75 hours of overtime since January."

75 x $85.00 per hour equals $6375.00 additional pay as of May 2012
    $94,046.00 annual pay with benefits plus Jan-April Overtime $6375.00 = $100,421.00
    We learned from the Buffalo News she worked a dance for seniors for overtime so we wonder how many extra overtime hours she worked in June and July
    Also what I am told is, as a Recreation Director the West Seneca soccer, baseball, hockey etc leagues basically all run themselves and she has really nothing to do with them. She is in charge of the pool but has a head lifeguard to do scheduling fee collecting etc. Also she has a assistant, yes the one Josefiak wants to make her full time with benefits and pay her $35,000. a year,. Yes there is playground, park, arts and craft and summer fun things for the kids, but does this justify her outrageous pay?

Does anyone out there know anyone in the media so we can have this situation looked into?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does anyone out there know anyone in the media so we can have this situation looked into?
    John Stossel.

We should invite him to look through the towns in erie county. We'll explain where to look to see how the local democratic party has been fleecing our community for years.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    John Stossel.

We should invite him to look through the towns in erie county. We'll explain where to look to see how the local democratic party has been fleecing our community for years.
    If you think it so important call channel 2. I don't see why you guys are all talk and no action. If it is a big enough story they will report it, don't give me this biased garbage, if it gets viewers then they will put it on. When Fudilli was getting run, they showed it on all of their broadcasts.
    2 other things
    First thing : Corruption knows no party. Both Dems and Repubs do it. The fact that you only choose to look at the Dems does not mean that Repubs don't do it. Seems as though you were all quick to defend Dino Fudilli, but all over Poloncarz.
    Second thing : Every time I hear the numbskulls at Fox reference "Chicago Style Politics", and the way they define it as attack dog politics , I have to laugh because as soon as any Dem calls out a Repub it is Chicago Style Politics, but when it goes the other way the Dems are being divisive and it is "Class warfare". Make up your mind, if you want to get in the mud, then expect to get dirty too. I want to know everything they have ever done wrong and make my own decision, not have some network or party give me my opinion.

All local governments should be audited by independent parties every 2 years. The only problem is the nutbags would whine about the cost to the tax payer. After the debacle in Sloan it would have paid for itself. If the local government doesn't like getting audited, then they get funding pulled. End of story. People can't stick their head in the sand when it is their guy getting called out.
    I am just so sick of everyone hiding behind parties. If they break the rules punish them, end of story.
    I may be new here, but I can't stand reading about how only one party is evil and corrupt and the other is ethical and moral.

Channel 2 - yuk yuk yuk - like they are even anything but entertainment and fear mongers to our seniors.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Numero Uno View Post
    I may be new here, but I can't stand reading about how only one party is evil and corrupt and the other is ethical and moral.
    You are right, you must be new, because what you said is simply not true. Spades are spades, just one party is a spade by design and plan, the other sadly by bad apples.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I emailed all tv stations and no one e mailed me back. Im trying and at least doing something about it

I guess the county execs brother is bigger news.

Im retired but still work, take care of my wife, babysit my grandchildren and try to get factual information out to people. I can use some help please.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I started speakup because of what I see happening in our community.

First thing : Corruption knows no party. Both Dems and Repubs do it.
    But in different ways. I believe the local dem party has hindered our community as a whole far more than the republicans over the years. I am not defending Dino. He should pay his taxes or not be in the developers business if he is going to buy property and not pay his taxes.

TY WNY if it wasn't for this site WS residents voices would be silenced.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all the time. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffguy123 View Post
    TY WNY if it wasn't for this site WS residents voices would be silenced.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all the time. ~ Abraham Lincoln
    Fooling the community while lining their pockets...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I started speakup because of what I see happening in our community.

But in different ways. I believe the local dem party has hindered our community as a whole far more than the republicans over the years. I am not defending Dino. He should pay his taxes or not be in the developers business if he is going to buy property and not pay his taxes.
    I commend you for taking some real action to back up your beliefs, too many people think the comment section of the news gets read by anyone with political clout and try to hold those in power accountable through them.
    Justice is supposedly blind, but it seems politics always sway justice. A law is a law, and if it is broken, the perpetrator should be punished the same whatever party they are on. If this person manipulated the system they should be punished.
    I see people on here that dismiss any ideas from the other side as wrong even before they are presented. This region is not like it is because of one party, it is like it is because compromise is a dirty word. If you can't rally enough voters in your party to improve things, then you deserve whatever the result is. The Repubs didn't even field a mayoral candidate last election, but there is no shortage of complaints about the guy they got. There is an easy fix, put up an electable candidate, or stop whining. If a Republican ever learned how to compromise maybe they could win in a Democratically skewed city, but when you hold the party line on every thing, then you have zero chance. I swear, they silence themselves, not the other way around.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If a Republican ever learned how to compromise maybe they could win in a Democratically skewed city, but when you hold the party line on every thing, then you have zero chance. I swear, they silence themselves, not the other way around.

It goes both ways...

Please notice the following in the West Seneca Town Board Proceedings Reorganization Meeting on Jan 4 2012 that next to Mary Josefiaks Salary it is blank

http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/585

24. Moved by ______________, seconded by ___________, that the following Officials and Employees not represented by the Collective Bargaining Agent recognized by the Town of West Seneca are hereby appointed to the following positions with salaries effective 1/1/2012:
    Edward Gehen, Jr. Chief of Police $121,368
    Daniel Denz Assistant Chief of Police $106,357
    Mary Josefiak Director of Recreation, Youth and
    Senior Services $
    ____________ Code Enforcement Officer $78,350
    Donna Lepore Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403
    Donna Lepore Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.
    Jolynn Keane Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403.
    Jolynn Keane Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.

Dear Fellow West Seneca Taxpayers. My wife's health issues are acting up and I will no longer be on the forum as often as I like. Please keep asking questions and informing the public Thanks

"A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information