Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWSBREAK SHE MAKES $94,046.00 plus OT

NEWSBREAK SHE MAKES $94,046.00 plus OT

NEWSBREAK SHE MAKES $94,046.00 plus OT
    After further review Meegan was caught in a Untruth at the Board Meeting

Taken from http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...cle1026103.ece

The supervisor also disputed reports in The Buffalo News about Josefiak's salary."When they stated it ballooned to $61,000, the $38,000 was [for] only seven months of work, so I'd like to make a correction on that," Meegan said. Also, she said, Josefiak's budgeted salary is different from the general fund budget number of $83,796, because the higher salary includes pension and health insurance costs.

Her annual salary is $77,250, Meegan said, "[but] that's why the $83,000 is there in the budget that everyone looks at that's online."

NOW LETS LOOK AT THE OTHER NEWS ARTICLE Taken from http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...cle1011849.ece

Josefiak never denies making $84.90 double pay overtime. It is on record. That's why someone at the Hall was outraged and contacted the news
    Why it was not time and a half I would like to know also. Why DOUBLETIME which was NOT DENIED.
    84.90 divided by 2 = 42.45 per hour 42.45 x 40 hours equal $1698 per week

1698 x 52 weeks = $88296 per year

Now lets add in that $83,000 (funny how it comes out to exactly 3 zeros) mentioned by Meegan and subtract the $77,250 to find benefits. Benefits come to $ 5750 Meegan suggests.

Lets add the $88,296.00 salary which was not denied and add the $5,750.00 benefits which she suggested.

With benefits THIS WORKERS PAY is costing the town $94,046.00 not counting any overtime. FACT

How do they get away with this. The TAXPAYERS are not stupid. WE CAN PUT FACTS TOGETHER AND ADD

AND THEY NOW WANT TO ADD A ASSISTANT WITH BENEFITS TO HELP HER

WHO MAKES THIS KIND OF MONEY? WE THOUGHT THE $83000 WAS OUTRAGOUS!
    WILL TAXES GO UP IN WEST SENECA THIS YEAR?

EmmaSkeptic
    Boy, what a dishonest SOB Wally was. NOT.
    What a bunch of political ignoramuses.... but then again, you wouldn't know anything about that -- especially our inept Supervisor.
    By the way. This board is being monitored by local politicians.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaSkeptic View Post
    What a bunch of political ignoramuses.... but then again, you wouldn't know anything about that -- especially our inept Supervisor.
    By the way. This board is being monitored by local politicians.
    They skim....

SInce that overtime was inappropriately doled out to a salaried employee, can't the employee be made to return her non-salaried earnings to the town?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaSkeptic View Post
    Piotrowski allowed something that I consider much more egregious go on for a longer period of time: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173225

Part of what will distinguish the two is what the superviser does next on this issue.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Dan, you have an axe to grind with piotrowski...why...don't know, but get over it and grow up. Even with your rediculous law suit...all you did was slander two good people's names who were trying to figure the mess this town is in. Remember the judges said your law suit was did not prove they did anything unjust or illegal. Maybe you have some special relationship with Meegan because I don't see you suing to get her out of office and she is completely incompetent, uncreative, and spends like she is on a shopping spree with friends.

(the above is in my own opinion)

Famous quotes made by Meegan and Josefiak

Meegan Quotes in The Buffalo News

THIS IS AFTER THEY GAVE JOSEFIAK A BIG RAISE TO OVER $94,000.00 PLUS OVERTIME AND TELLING RESIDENTS BY COMBINING JOBS THEY WILL SAVE MONEY BECAUSE 1 PERSON IS NOW DOING 2 JOBS.

MEEGAN FORGETS TO MENTION SHE WILL BE MAKING DOUBLE THE PAY.

SEE IF YOU CAN PICK OUT THE LIES..........
    “We knew we were going to need additional staffing down the road,” said Supervisor Sheila M. Meegan, explaining that the board charged Josefiak last year with reporting her required staffing needs upon evaluating the workloads in the combined departments.

“Mary needs help, and we recognize the need, and we’re going to do what we can,” she said, explaining that the town has saved in excess of $100,000 over the last two years with the consolidation.

Added Meegan: “In fairness to [Josefiak] and the board, five months was more than enough time to make their decision. You can’t expect one person to do all that; it’s unfair. Mary has done above and beyond not just for her job, but for her community.”

Josefiak Quotes in The Buffalo News

AFTER SHE IS GIVEN A HUGE RAISE AND AGREES TO DO 2 JOBS

“In order to grow and do the added programs that we want to, I can’t do it alone,” she told board members.

"You hired someone with a conscience because [with the unbilled hours worked], I could send my child to college for free," said Josefiak. "I didn't write down all the hours because I wouldn't do that to the town."

"All the other departments in town have an assistant," Josefiak said. "I can't be in four places at the same time."

“When are you going to take the time to listen to my words and actions?” an exasperated Josefiak publicly asked the board.

“Don’t tell me you need more time. I need to plan the summer,” a frustrated Josefiak told The Buffalo News during a break in the meeting, adding that her request for help “isn’t a new thing” and shouldn’t come as a surprise to board members.

Quote Originally Posted by jj1980 View Post
    Dan, you have an axe to grind with piotrowski...why...don't know, but get over it and grow up. Even with your rediculous law suit...all you did was slander two good people's names who were trying to figure the mess this town is in. Remember the judges said your law suit was did not prove they did anything unjust or illegal. Maybe you have some special relationship with Meegan because I don't see you suing to get her out of office and she is completely incompetent, uncreative, and spends like she is on a shopping spree with friends.

(the above is in my own opinion)
    First, it was not slander and the referee did find misconduct. (I am sure that if they truly thought it was slander they would sue me.)

Second, the proceeding was rendered moot once they were no longer in office. The court's comments that under the established misconduct did not rise to the level that it would warrant removal is dicta.

Third, misconduct is needed as grounds for removal not incompetence.

Fourth, the issue of the improper pay to Kauderer was not before the court in that proceeding.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I was talking over the situation with a few neighbors in West Seneca about the Towns problems.
    Two of them attend the Senior Center. What they can't understand is why its such a big deal to run the Senior program. The people mentioned were professional all there lives and well educated. They told me its a great group and they cause no problems. Theirs plenty of helpers and everything is simple and not complex. The one Senior mentioned she used to attend other Senior Centers and two she knows basically
    were run by a part time educated senior making $12 a hour and the programing was better than West Seneca's. She still attends West Seneca's because now that she is older it is more convenient. They just can't understand why its made out to be so difficult. One said the Mayor Byron Brown makes $103k and runs a whole City and gets no overtime.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffguy123 View Post
    I was talking over the situation with a few neighbors in West Seneca about the Towns problems.
    Two of them attend the Senior Center. What they can't understand is why its such a big deal to run the Senior program. The people mentioned were professional all there lives and well educated. They told me its a great group and they cause no problems. Theirs plenty of helpers and everything is simple and not complex. The one Senior mentioned she used to attend other Senior Centers and two she knows basically
    were run by a part time educated senior making $12 a hour and the programing was better than West Seneca's. She still attends West Seneca's because now that she is older it is more convenient. They just can't understand why its made out to be so difficult. One said the Mayor Byron Brown makes $103k and runs a whole City and gets no overtime.
    Here is a project that would be interesting.

We compare town to town services and what they charge us to run those services.

Go through seethroughny.org and take a peek at what we pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Piotrowski allowed something that I consider much more egregious go on for a longer period of time: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173225

Part of what will distinguish the two is what the superviser does next on this issue.
    Dan, the ONLY reason you filed the law suit was to get Meegan elected. You timed it so that it would hit around election time so that you would put doubt in people's minds about Piotrowski's integrity. It was a grand plan because you helped Sheila to take over the role of Supervisor. Now that you have accomplished your goal, we hardly hear from you.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Dan, the ONLY reason you filed the law suit was to get Meegan elected. You timed it so that it would hit around election time so that you would put doubt in people's minds about Piotrowski's integrity. It was a grand plan because you helped Sheila to take over the role of Supervisor. Now that you have accomplished your goal, we hardly hear from you.
    Well Dan? Is that how it played out?

I filed the lawsuit in March 2011, there was plenty of time for another candidate to announce and petition to get on the ballot (as documented here: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141743 ). The fact that no other candidate appeared to do that is beyond my control. I filed the lawsuit to remove him because he committed misconduct that I believe warranted removal and people had doubt about Piotrowski's integrity long before that.
    Last edited by dtwarren; August 30th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

Truth Seeker did you think Sheila promised you something and did not deliver? You stated this: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...l=1#post991967

I am so disappointed in Sheila. I thought she was going to be different. But I guess once a politician always a politician. She is a liar and tells you what you want to hear, but then goes behind your back and does what she wants to do. Her comments before getting elected are totally different then what she is saying now. If I've said it once, I must have said it a thousand times. The friends and family program is alive and well and prospering in West Seneca. After failing a civil service test twice, I can't believe that Mary Josefiak goes around town with that entitlement chip on her shoulder. I would be embarrassed to take that kind of money from the taxpayers of the town knowing that I was unqualified for the job!
    So it appears you were somewhat supportive of her but now you are not. Did Piotrowski promise you the same thing and now you think he would have delivered?

I'm no longer supportive because after watching her for almost one year, I find her to be incapable of doing her job. She is spending money like a drunken sailor and I'm afraid she is in way over her head. I never asked for anything nor wanted anything from either Wally or Sheila. But I have come to realize that you were asked to put doubt in the minds of residents against Wally, so that Sheila would have a better chance of winning. The only thing I can say about Wally, was that he promised the taxpayer that he would reduce the budget and cut waste and that is what he did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information