Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEWSBREAK SHE MAKES $94,046.00 plus OT

Please notice the following in the West Seneca Town Board Proceedings Reorganization Meeting on Jan 4 2012 that next to Mary Josefiaks Salary it is blank

http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/585

24. Moved by ______________, seconded by ___________, that the following Officials and Employees not represented by the Collective Bargaining Agent recognized by the Town of West Seneca are hereby appointed to the following positions with salaries effective 1/1/2012:
    Edward Gehen, Jr. Chief of Police $121,368
    Daniel Denz Assistant Chief of Police $106,357
    Mary Josefiak Director of Recreation, Youth and
    Senior Services $
    ____________ Code Enforcement Officer $78,350
    Donna Lepore Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403
    Donna Lepore Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.
    Jolynn Keane Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403.
    Jolynn Keane Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by buffguy123 View Post
    Please notice the following in the West Seneca Town Board Proceedings Reorganization Meeting on Jan 4 2012 that next to Mary Josefiaks Salary it is blank

http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/585

24. Moved by ______________, seconded by ___________, that the following Officials and Employees not represented by the Collective Bargaining Agent recognized by the Town of West Seneca are hereby appointed to the following positions with salaries effective 1/1/2012:
    Edward Gehen, Jr. Chief of Police $121,368
    Daniel Denz Assistant Chief of Police $106,357
    Mary Josefiak Director of Recreation, Youth and
    Senior Services $
    ____________ Code Enforcement Officer $78,350
    Donna Lepore Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403
    Donna Lepore Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.
    Jolynn Keane Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403.
    Jolynn Keane Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.
    That was the agenda. In the minutes, it states her salary as $77,250.
    http://www.westseneca.net/sites/defa...0312093451.pdf page 7

And like the agenda, it clearly states that she is not representative by the Collective Bargaining unit

Georgia L Schlager

Then why do they pay her overtime?????

You can not have it both ways, if appointed you get a salary and work as many hours as needed. Also you can hire whatever shmuck off the street you want. But why is she then getting overtime and a Union Member as stated in Buffalo News articles. She evem states that being a Union member she should get overtime. She has the best of all worlds I guess because she is a friend and family member. She also admitted to $85 a hour double time pay. Use basic math and figure out what she makes a hour then add in benefits then overtime. Its a big CON JOB. This is whats upsetting to myself being a West Seneca taxpayer. Its the system in place that rips out the heart of America.

Then why do they pay her overtime?????
    They should NOT be.

Georgia L Schlager

You can not have it both ways, if appointed you get a salary and work as many hours as needed. Also you can hire whatever shmuck off the street you want. But why is she then getting overtime and a Union Member as stated in Buffalo News articles. She evem states that being a Union member she should get overtime. She has the best of all worlds I guess because she is a friend and family member. She also admitted to $85 a hour double time pay. Use basic math and figure out what she makes a hour then add in benefits then overtime. Its a big CON JOB. This is whats upsetting to myself being a West Seneca taxpayer. Its the system in place that rips out the heart of America.
    Report the situation to the NYS comptroller's office. it was misused taxpayer money.
    http://www.osc.state.ny.us/investiga...plaintform.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Thank You Gorja

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Report the situation to the NYS comptroller's office. it was misused taxpayer money.
    http://www.osc.state.ny.us/investiga...plaintform.pdf

Oh we could have fun with that form...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Time to end local village and town governments in NY. The constant abuse by locals has made in imperative.
    Bump!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Dear Fellow West Seneca Taxpayers. My wife's health issues are acting up and I will no longer be on the forum as often as I like. Please keep asking questions and informing the public Thanks

"A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury."

Its up to the sharp ones that keep a eye on whats going on to police our Town now I guess. And if nothings done its our fault. This Town is so mismanaged with so many Town workers being paid such high salaries. And I hear most of them hired atr appointed lately so there is no exam or qualifications needed regardless what some posters think. The above mentioned failed 2 tests or maybe she didnt even quailify and yet she makes more that Mayors of cities make. I see what was written about Walshs salary in the othet thread. And he got to take the Town Truck home and use it whenever he wanted. I complained to the Town years ago about that and nothing was never done. So besides voting I now have to attend board meetings and take off work to do so in order to police my Town? I have mailed Meegan and board members 3 Times on complaints with out a even reply. They should at least have a auto reply in place saying thank you for caring. Lets use some logic here. So when Josefiak gets sick both departments have no one to do the job? When she has a bad day at work both departments suffer? The Board members use the excuse oh this was already was in place when we got there. They see in may she already has OT of what 72 hours and yet thay say she can still get some more. What a joke. Thay say shes appointed because she couldnt pass either exam, pay her some outragous salary all because Walsh got it?, then overtime but yet she has no political ties? Then she wants a assistant and hire her friend another 35 grand which they did all because now the job is to much. Sounds like she won the Lottery to me. Hire and pay a Civil Service exam taker who past the exams 50 grand each and offer them no overtime. I looked at the salary thread and she makes more than mayors. And yes grass cutters should be making a hell of at lot less also. Good leadership should always look at budgets. policies and procedures with the Tax payers in mind. This is another example of passing the buck and reacting to a red flag which came up. I will never vote for them. The powers to be in this Town will just keep taking advantage of the system.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Its up to the sharp ones that keep a eye on whats going on to police our Town now I guess. And if nothings done its our fault. This Town is so mismanaged with so many Town workers being paid such high salaries
    Don't think it is only your town.

Sorry if I gave that impression. I get upset when my Tax dollars are being squandered and my intelligence is being insulted by the powers to be. Thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information