Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo-Pittsburgh Railway Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    Maybe when we're all done building you a bike trail so you can cycle 'till your hearts content we can all chip in and build a lake in Lancaster. I know a lot of people there that like boating!

Of course the people at the Senior Center are going to lose their shuttle van because we are broke, but I'm sure they'll understand.
    If you are broke it won't be because of a bike path. President Obama will build me one because it will create jobs, improve out infrastructure, and it will provide an open invitation for people to spend less fossil fuel.
    The other things you mentioned do not count as 'infrastructure'.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    If you are broke it won't be because of a bike path. President Obama will build me one because it will create jobs, improve out infrastructure, and it will provide an open invitation for people to spend less fossil fuel.
    The other things you mentioned do not count as 'infrastructure'.
    Are you F'in serious? how does a bike path count as infrastructure? Infrastructure is anything that deals with MASS tranasit aka roads, bridges, railroad also thing like POWER and GAS LINES and WATER LINES. It has nothing to do with bike paths. This isn't italy or Amsterdamn bikes aren't MASS TRANSIT!

Your ego is way to big!

Doug, what I am clueless on is how my being 'egoistical' or not has anything to do with the Town of West Seneca. Perhaps you might explain.
    Your only thinking about what YOU or a FEW people WANT not what is truly NEEDED and should be SUPPLIED by the government. That the problem with you liberals, you think we should just give all our money to a bunch of egocentric morons who should do EVERYTHING for you!

Govt only has TWO true purposes:
    1. create laws to protect all of it's citizens rights
    2. provide a way to enforce those laws!

That's it, the trash, roads, all the expensive admin costs can do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Your only thinking about what YOU or a FEW people WANT not what is truly NEEDED and should be SUPPLIED by the government. That the problem with you liberals, you think we should just give all our money to a bunch of egocentric morons who should do EVERYTHING for you!
    I applaud your feelings of independence, but you are far more needy than you might know. In fact you have needs you did not even know you have, and so to provide for those needs, we have a movement to take care of people like you. It is known as the Democratic Party. Come join with us.

I applaud your feelings of independence, but you are far more needy than you might know. In fact you have needs you did not even know you have, and so to provide for those needs, we have a movement to take care of people like you. It is known as the Democratic Party. Come join with us.

hahaha you love the Kool-aid don't ya! When you go to bed at night instead of praying to god you must pray to Mr. Silver and his cohorts!

Ah, another thread providing plenty of unintentionally hilarious comments. I love it. Instead of any legitimate debate over the pros/cons of community improvements, and possible solutions of how to fund a project (public/private/combination), it's nothing but petty bickering.

Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    Ah, another thread providing plenty of unintentionally hilarious comments. I love it. Instead of any legitimate debate over the pros/cons of community improvements, and possible solutions of how to fund a project (public/private/combination), it's nothing but petty bickering.

Get over yourselves.
    I have no probelm with the debate you are refering too. but it seems most people want to just neglect the problems, let them crumble even more and talk about "new" things.

it's like tyrign to get a heroin addict to quit smoking before he quits heroin, not going to WORK!!

i agree we need to talk about the heart of the problems but people want to ignore them!

Look whose talking

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post

Get over yourselves.
    Anyone who says 'get over yourself' should himself 'get over himself'. By whose standard are you 'grading' the posts here, yours? And how would you know whether a comment was 'unintentional' or not? You have some psychic ability? You seem to set yourself up as some gold standard of thought and word.

Hey Manny,

Don't forget to call these guys and tell them to pony up the tax dollars to subsidize the new buggy path!

Mittal Steel in Lackawanna to Close; 260 Workers Being Laid-Off
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...62717&catid=37

Anyone who says 'get over yourself' should himself 'get over himself'. By whose standard are you 'grading' the posts here, yours? And how would you know whether a comment was 'unintentional' or not? You have some psychic ability? You seem to set yourself up as some gold standard of thought and word.
    1. Grading standard - common sense. The petty bickering accomplishes nothing. If you want to see who has the bigger $%^&, do it in private. That, and check your egos at the door.
    2. Pretty sure you don't realize just how funny your "witty" comments are.
    3. No, I'm not psychic.
    4. Gold standard - Yes. I aim for perfection. I may fall short, but the effort is always there. I have a thorough distaste for mediocrity, and people who settle for it.

A tourist destination?

Holy crap, please don't drive anywhere tonight, you've drank WAY to much tonight already!
    Douggie, check this out I traveled to Pennsylvania for the sole purpose to bike this trail last Fall- it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Douggie, check this out I traveled to Pennsylvania for the sole purpose to bike this trail last Fall- it was awesome!
    Buffy,
    I do have to give it to you, that does look like a great time. A ride for 350 from Pitt to DC would be a fantastic getaway, but I don’t' think you can really compare the PA mountains, NVA and DC to OP and West Seneca's view!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are you F'in serious? how does a bike path count as infrastructure? Infrastructure is anything that deals with MASS tranasit aka roads, bridges, railroad also thing like POWER and GAS LINES and WATER LINES. It has nothing to do with bike paths. This isn't italy or Amsterdamn bikes aren't MASS TRANSIT!

Your ego is way to big!
    I can't believe people even think that a bike path is something as important as decaying sewers and items like that. Why don't they just put a tax on bikes and use that to cover the bike path?

They can do the same with hockey equipment. An extra 10% on every item sold to cover the cost of hockey rinks?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I can't believe people even think that a bike path is something as important as decaying sewers and items like that. Why don't they just put a tax on bikes and use that to cover the bike path?

They can do the same with hockey equipment. An extra 10% on every item sold to cover the cost of hockey rinks?
    I agree. I don't think the basic infrastructure should be ignored for the sake of funding and/or building recreational trails.

Please, please, stop bashing hockey. I hate the sport of soccer, but don't go around degrading the sport. I don't see how your dislike of hockey contributes anything to any thread on here.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

That's part of the problem with our area. We can't expect government to be everything for everybody.

We can't afford to have more bike trails per capita than anywhere in the country along with having more libraries, ice rinks, golf courses, swimming pools, parks, etc. etc. etc.

There comes a time when you have to make decisions on what is important to you and adjust your lifestyle to those priorities. If a bike trail is that important and you don't have one but Amherst or Tonawanda does, move there. Don't expect taxpayers to build you one just because you want one!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information