Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are WNY Independents Quiet?

Why Are WNY Independents Quiet?

As a registered Independent I am at a loss as to why there has been no voice regarding Erie County or WNY for that matter from the Independence Party. It is way past time for change in government in this area yet my party is inactive. The republican and democratic FAILURES should not be replaced by more of the same. This is a golden opportunity for fresh leadership. Maybe I should start my own party, 'The American People's Party' and rebuild WNY for the people, by the people. It is safe to say the FAILURES', 'For the corporations, by the corporations' left me, you and every other person who still is living in WNY, the bill in the form of more taxes, higher fees, and no economy. Thanks but no thanks to more of this tired politics.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Seems the current IP party is busy seeing which other party coat tails it can follow.

What precisely is the philosophy of the Independence Party? I've never been able to figure it out. In the absence of a clear mission, you get personality cults, ego battles, turf wars and patronage politics.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I dont see much of anything for the IP party except for rumors about money raised for the party going towards someone expense account.

I dont see much of anything for the IP party except for rumors about money raised for the party going towards someone expense account.
    I remember that. Seems like all the ego driven politicians care only for their careers and how much funding can be stuffed into their campaign coffers.

Back to the Independence party, I have not been too impressed with them. When I registered to vote back at 18, I did not want to pledge allegiance to either democratic or republican party because of how this area seemed frozen in time(sad site). Nothing has changed since growing up here through the 1970s-80s. It is way past time for change in this area. Silly me thought the Indepens would have answers!

Facts are facts

Just remember the IP controls the third line and that's what it's all about.
    Often times it is the difference between winning and losing. Ask Debbie Bucki. She has sold her soul this year to get the IP endorsement.
    She told me she didn't want to go thru a primary but from here it looks like she'll have two.
    dono

a register indepenant sounds wrong some how. are you independant or registered .some of us are true independants meaning we belong to no one, and dont back any party.
    I tried this but found that it also gave me a very weak voice that was not listened too
    still registered Independant sounds odd
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Believe me, I'm not too comfortable being registered as an indepedent. But I do have the right to vote. Now only if there were the right ones to vote for. That is the problem.

There's a difference.

You can register as an Independent. That means you belong to no party. I think there's about 14,000 in Erie County.
    Or you can register as a member of the Independence Party.
    There's about 19,000 in Erie County.
    dono

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What? There are two of those parties?

You can register as an Independent. That means you belong to no party. I think there's about 14,000 in Erie County.
    I am registered as an independent. So, there is a difference between independent and independence?

Where is the voice of the independent during this WNY mess?

Illuzzi says: "The Independence Party Thursday night endorsed: Byron Brown for Mayor of Buffalo."

So IP supports big government, concentrating power in Albany and Washington and special interest groups. We already had two major parties with that agenda. Why a third?

AIP

That's just not true. There are those of us who are trying to work within the party to change it.
    No $200.00 fund raisers.
    No "deals" for patronage.
    Ask the Demo and Rep plants to change their loyalties to the expressed ideals of the IP.
    Let each member of the party know their voice will be heard.
    No bossism in the IP. Endorsements will be based on the best candidate fo the job.
    If agreements with the other parties cannot stand the light of day, they are not made.
    It has been a long hard struggle to wrest control of the party from one man dictatorial rule but we wont give up. The AIP will be a chose not an echo.
    It is not easy because the current leadership has the resources of the Democratic party at their beakon call. We are a hard core group of IP members who keep getting shot down by Dennis Ward. He has control of the party for now but not for long. The more we fight him, the more time he has to put in defending the status quo in the IP. The same goes for Len Lenihan. The IP will not be a rubber stamp for anyone or any party. We will prevail!.
    dono

Okay, how about running independent slates of candidates for judicial delegate?

Right now, four men pick the judges here. Let's bring the tax revolt to the judiciary!

Agree

I agree with you. It's abominable that judicial candidates have to prostitute themselves attending fund raisers. Making small talk and wearing plastic smiles. They should be endorsed based on judicial competence not how much money they gave to the party. They under the table money they give should automatically disqualify them. Believe I know that the money flows to certain party bigwigs.
    However the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. That first step is to rid the party of the cancer that money spreads. Toward that end certain ones of us in the AIP continue the struggle and we will prevail.
    dono

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information