Thread: I'm going to need some volunteers....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I'm going to need some volunteers....

www.speakupny.com

Ideas on structure and what is wrong with NYS.

All I hear locally is how the "three" men control what is happening in the state and how it's hampers what is going on in WNY. We need to take the whining to a new level.

Dale Volker

this sort of goes along with what you're asking.... I was listening to WBEN today and Sandy kept repeating a sound byte from Dale Volker in which he said (in resonse to a comment that the legislature may possibly take too long to work things out, thus causing the albany gang to return "after session ends"

dale said " MY boss, Joe Bruno, would not like having to come back to albany for Erie County" revealing two things: 1. he exposes who his real boss is - not the voters of Erie County, and 2, Erie County is LOW on Albany's priority list. As Sandy said, "this remark was very telling"

This is part of the problem, Dale Volker is more concerned with how Bruno views HIM than what HE (vOLKER) can do to help Erie County. Tokasz is the same way.

It's hard to actually define the problems with NY govt, because we really don't hear much about Albany with the notable exception of the West Side Stadium.

Think about what the news, any outlet, has reported on NY politics in the last year. The only thing I can come up with is that we passed a budget on time. We didn't even hear much about what was in the budget, just that it was on time and run by "3 men" (oh, and two others were allowed to be in the room).

**Actually, one other piece of info I heard was how bored the NY delegates were because they had actually passed the budget and couldn't figure what else to do with their time.

What accomplishments or lack of can our local NY elected officials Volker, Masiarz, Hoyt, etc, claim credit for? I can't think of any. And why aren't we hearing about it on/in the news?

Prior to the county and city messes, the public didn't receive much information from our mainstream media outlets about what was going on in the county govt and how it would affect us. Similarly, we're not getting any info on what the state is doing. I don't want to wait for another atomic bomb to explode before we figure out what is going on in Albany.

As for whining about the three men, it's easier to whine, and blame it on other elected officials when you can't define the problem. Truthfully, myself included.
    How can we change things?

Change that seed. It looks like a booger.

What are you asking for? Volunteer for what?

Wait a minute, WNY Resident is asking for volunteers to help him structure the board to address NYS problems. As I hear it, he is saying we've complained enough about EC & Buffalo- lets take it up a notch and look at Albany? Am I right Res?

And NCNewbie is right
    What accomplishments or lack of can our local NY elected officials Volker, Masiarz, Hoyt, etc, claim credit for? I can't think of any. And why aren't we hearing about it on/in the news?
    Think about Crystal Peoples and how VOCAL and demanding she was locally. she goes to Albany ...and...nothing! It's like our represetnatives are totally intimadated.

Re: Dale Volker

Originally posted by Buff Lifer
    this sort of goes along with what you're asking.... I was listening to WBEN today and Sandy kept repeating a sound byte from Dale Volker in which he said (in resonse to a comment that the legislature may possibly take too long to work things out, thus causing the albany gang to return "after session ends"

dale said " MY boss, Joe Bruno, would not like having to come back to albany for Erie County" revealing two things: 1. he exposes who his real boss is - not the voters of Erie County, and 2, Erie County is LOW on Albany's priority list. As Sandy said, "this remark was very telling"

This is part of the problem, Dale Volker is more concerned with how Bruno views HIM than what HE (vOLKER) can do to help Erie County. Tokasz is the same way.

An excellent observation....I agree completely!
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by ERIEMAN
    Change that seed. It looks like a booger.

What are you asking for? Volunteer for what?
    I dont exactly know and would like to see what ideas people would have in regarding topics for a messageboard and structure.
    I know I personally feel we are over taxed so we need topics that show why we are over taxed. What are we doing wrong as a state in regards to the tax payers versus the people/special interest groups with thier hands out for our money. That is what it is, our money and for some odd reason they feel they are entitled to it.

Plus I don't want to just copy someone's elses idea and just label it speakupny.com. Anyone can do that. If there's a group which already feels the way I do I would rather contact them and enhance there efforts. Why re-invent the wheel.

Does anyone here know of any group already working to lower all this taxation without representation already going on?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by Buff Lifer
    Wait a minute, WNY Resident is asking for volunteers to help him structure the board to address NYS problems. As I hear it, he is saying we've complained enough about EC & Buffalo- lets take it up a notch and look at Albany? Am I right Res?

Exactly....

One point I feel is a state issue is our cost of electric and the cost of gasoline because of the taxes on top of it.

Also the funny little governments called authorities...

Oh and politicians who really know who the boss is...

We need to focus and the core issues to make changes. We can't let people pull us off course once we set a few goals we need to reach inorder to give WNY a edge over competiting usa states.

Thread Information