Thread: Olma plans to run for seat held by Kuwik

Olma plans to run for seat held by Kuwik

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...13/3002217.asp

Add former Legislator Gregory B. Olma's name to the growing list of candidates for County Legislature this year.
    Olma, a Democrat who served several terms before his defeat in the 2001 primary, said he will run in September's primary for the seat now held by Edward J. Kuwik, D-Lackawanna. He said that county government has become a "spectacle," while criticizing spending on pork barrel projects, and claiming a healthy county surplus is now gone.

He also said he will not support a sales tax increase, especially since the true state of the county's fiscal condition is unknown.

"The current crop in the Legislature has proven that they don't have the fortitude to make decisions in the face of bombastic talk radio show hosts and anonymous web bloggers," he said.

Kuwik has said he had not decided whether to seek re-election. Thomas J. Jackson, a longtime West Seneca teacher and coach, officially has announced his candidacy.

"The current crop in the Legislature has proven that they don't have the fortitude to make decisions in the face of bombastic talk radio show hosts and anonymous web bloggers," he said.

ie he read from a statement prepared by his good friend, jim ostrowski

wonder where Olma stands on bass pro

Does Olma live in the district?

I ask not because it's Olma, but we have had conversations before of people running who are not in the district they want to represent.

The PC candidate in the 2nd district just moved to the area to run, so this is not about names, just locations of candidates.

The district includes Broadway-Fillmore, where Olma lives. The phone book says he resides at 615 Fillmore Ave. (which I believe is near Paderewski Dr.) in Buffalo.

I would say he does.

I wondered because the paper said this:

.... he will run in September's primary for the seat now held by Edward J. Kuwik, D-Lackawanna.
    and the heading for the First District is:

CURRENT REPRESENTATIVE: Edward J. Kuwik 609 Ridge Road Lackawanna, New York 14218
    The district includes Broadway-Fillmore, where Olma lives.

How does a district from the East Side of Buffalo skip over South Buffalo to include Lackawanna?

Maybe it does, really I do not know. Like I said, I just wondered.

How does it? It's called gerrymandering.

As many Democrats as possible were crammed into the district to protect Chase, no doubt.

To get enough population, the Republicans and Giambra added portions of the old 5th District which was dismembered.

The District runs from Broadway and Bailey to Wanakah.

honsetly, I did not know that, so thanks for filling me in.

Gerry

The amount of gerrymandering among that area of districts is disgusting. It looks like a 3 year old was given a crayon and told to draw a maze.

Albeit, a partisan crayon.

Thread Information