Thread: Young Development Looking @ South Gate Plaza

Young Development Looking @ South Gate Plaza

I am told that Young Development is a potential purchaser of the South Gate Plaza.
    As if we don't have enough vacant properties already!

Tony Fracasso - Admin

No not yet. Young Development has a lot of vacant units already in town. They seem unable to fill them. I fear that the management will be less than able to manage a plaza full or otherwise.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But they are still generating full tax revenue so you should be happy. That helps offset the taxes the home owners pay. For the last 20 years which political party has been in control of West Seneca?

What you should focus on is the population loss that was caused by how your town is ran.

Population in 2010: 44,711. Population change since 2000: -2.7%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/West-S...#ixzz1yFaxzN9r

So basically you have the rest of your community making up for cost increases including making up another 2.7% because you have less people offsetting those cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CantKeepaSecret View Post
    No not yet. Young Development has a lot of vacant units already in town. They seem unable to fill them. I fear that the management will be less than able to manage a plaza full or otherwise.
    Or is it just that you just don't like the fact that they bought the Houghton campus? Are you one of the people who would prefer a college campus over God forsaken senior housing?

Let's be honest - there's nothing wrong with Young Development, and there's no reason to believe that if they did buy the plaza, there would suddenly be vacancies.

Good point Res. yes they full taxes now. If purchased will this also be a PILOT project as well? Then we will see what happens to our taxes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good point Res. yes they full taxes now. If purchased will this also be a PILOT project as well? Then we will see what happens to our taxes.
    Just for curiosity which political party has basically controlled West Seneca for the last 20 years? Or more of less 10 years while people were fleeing your community? 2.7% population loss.

So, you're speculating that if they purchase it, the plaza will go empty, and your taxes will go up.

Why do you have such a problem with Young Development?

My problem is with a big lack of leadership and vision for the future of this town.
    What do you think is in our collective best interests?
    Mr. Young taking pockets full of money while the tax paying people of this town
    suffer the worse for it. That's a big part of my problem. So long as he can engorge his
    piggy bank with the protection of a poorly written determination of a programs intent
    is a problem as well.
    How much more of your tax money are you ready to pay for his benefit?

My problem is with a big lack of leadership and vision for the future of this town.
    What do you think is in our collective best interests?
    You're being vague. You need to be more specific how the poor leadership relates to this developer.

Mr. Young taking pockets full of money while the tax paying people of this town
    suffer the worse for it. That's a big part of my problem
    Again, you're being vague. How is he "taking pockets full of money" at the expense of the town? You need to be specific.

So long as he can engorge his
    piggy bank with the protection of a poorly written determination of a programs intent
    is a problem as well.
    I'm not sure what that means.
    How much more of your tax money are you ready to pay for his benefit?
    I don't know.
    How much of your tax money has been spent so far for his benefit?

Is it the Houghton thing that really irks you?

The plaza has been managed incredibly for years. The only bad decision I can think of was bringing in that store that the urban dwellers used to love. They'd take the bus in and then get arrested breaking in to cars out in the lot. It was next store to Market in the Square, but has since moved on.

I hope if it's sold they continue to run it as well.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

You're being vague. You need to be more specific how the poor leadership relates to this developer.
    Remember CantKeepaSecret your town has a politically controlled planning and zoning board which developers follow the guidelines they set. Isn't that correct?

Thread Information