Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Inspection Stations?

Question Motorcycle Inspection Stations?

Does anyone know of a good place to have my bike inspected? And, did Imperial Cycle move or close? They are where I used to go, now they are gone.
    I'm in Lancaster, and I need the inspection soon... hopefully within 2 weeks.
    Thanks!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever,
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow."
    -James Dean

Imperial is out of business. If you live in Lancaster take a ride down route 75 toward orchard park. Empire cycle is on Southwestern Blvd.
    Or Buffalo Harley on North Bailey before Sheridan.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

thanks

Originally posted by citymouse
    Imperial is out of business. If you live in Lancaster take a ride down route 75 toward orchard park. Empire cycle is on Southwestern Blvd.
    Or Buffalo Harley on North Bailey before Sheridan.
    What happened with Imperial? I thought they were great.
    Thanks for the shops that do inspections; that is some difficult info to come-by. I searched everything I could find. I know shops hate doing them, and they don't make any money, but you gotta get 'em done, and they all want to keep it a secret or something...pain in the butt inspections.

thanks for the info, citymouse.
    -James Dean

I am not sure what happened. They were around for ever. The used to be on Michigan ave. at Dodge in Buffalo. I bought a Triumph there in 1970.
    They sold Triumph and BMW.
    When they moved out on Broadway in Depew they started selling Hondas.
    I was out there to look at the new Triumph about two years ago. They were going strong. Last year I heard they had financial trouble and went under. I noticed when I was driving by that they really were closed.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Big Eds on Ridge in La.

They inspect them there too. Its just west of Abbott, on the south side. I took mine there when I had one.

Re: Big Eds on Ridge in La.

Originally posted by Deerhunter
    They inspect them there too. Its just west of Abbott, on the south side. I took mine there when I had one.
    Would this be Ed who was the service manager at Imperial about 10-15 years ago? What's his address or DBA?

There was a guy who wrote a book about riding across the country. His bike got laid up for repairs for a while at Imperial.

I didn't mention Big Ed's because she said she was coming from Lancaster. I actually live very close to that place. But I suppose if you take the thruway west bound (90) and get off at Ridge and head West into Lackawanna it would be just as convenient.

YOU ROCK!

Thanks guys, you rock... now let's see if we can keep the snow off the ground long enough to get this done!
    -James Dean

I had two feet of heavy "roof Poop" snow between the houses.

After three hours, my driveway is now free.

Come on citymouse, let's ride!

I got my inspection done today.

Thanks, guys!
    I went to Empire and got the inspection today... nice guys. Now I can be all legal and ****.
    Thanks for your help.
    -James Dean

I got out this afternoon. Ended up in east Aurora on the backroads.
    It was great winding through the country side on mostly dry roads with snow covering all the fields. It was kind of surreal. something you don't usually experience.
    I must have passed a hundred bikes.
    Everybody seemed to be out loosening up and shaking the bugs out.

Hey, bud, I was out too. Ate lunch at Bar Bills. Still great roast beef. Maybe one of those hundreds was me.

I turned north up route 77. I wanted to see how the flooding went. Stopped by the Log Cabin at Indian Falls. I wanted to see Akron Falls, but it's in a county park---closed. Water isreal high though, up to the bottom of the bridges above the falls.

Rain is supposed to be in the morning and then after dark. So the afternoon might be good again. I might check out the orchards of Niagara County.

I was there last year. It was the first time. I went up the 77 from Clinton street, then through Alabama and right up to lake Ontario and through the Orchards past the big coal plant and down through lockport and south.
    I liked it but it was kind of flat.
    I prefer to ride down around Cattaragus and Zoar Valley.
    The Dayton Cherry Valley area is a great ride too, as are the finger lakes around Honeye and Coneseus.
    I haven't ventured out that far yet. I am waiting for the weather to break and things to dry out a little more out those ways.

If you like costum bikes there is a great show on tonight at ten on the discovery channel.

Damn, I missed it. I'm on the first shift on these boards, so that's a little late for me.

I agree the areas north of the escarpment are flat, but there's two things in their favor: warmer, less snow; fruit blossoms will start in about three weeks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information