Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazarra goes after citizen at School Board Meeting....

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    You really need to learn the facts before you continue accusing people of things.

what are the facts? Answer Change4's question please.

Quote Originally Posted by Protect West Seneca View Post
    I don't feel it's my place to say. It didn't involve me. I'm not the one here making false accusations. If you want to have an opinion on it, I think you should know what happened first, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by be true to yourself View Post
    what are the facts, please?
    OK, let's clear the air on something. The person Rudy Russo got into a verbal confrontation with, DID NOT have cancer. It was some kid associated with the Youth Bureau who was parking cars on a rain soaked soccer field, causing damage to the field. (That explains why the big, lighted field is in bad shape.) It just happened to be at the Cancer Walk. Rudy was not charged with any infraction of the law as a result of the event.

The School Board issue, was a verbal attack, on Rudy, by Mark Lazzara without provocation. Bringing up the above incident, and embellishing the facts to make it appear Rudy was arrested.

To be honest, if it were me, Lazzara would be looking at a libel and defamation of character lawsuit, costing the people of West Seneca even more money for his actions.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    without provocation
    I think we would have to know the exact words to get an idea on that issue.

so, request a copy of the minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I think we would have to know the exact words to get an idea on that issue.
    I'm sure the School Board takes minutes and they are public record.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival View Post
    I'm sure the School Board takes minutes and they are public record.
    They would have to be the exact words, not some annotated minutes.
    Plus, it seems to be a carry over from that issue at the soccer park, so even though there was no legal action, the exact words spoken there should also be known.
    Further, I thought the Parkside people did not like the soccer park.
    Last edited by Niagara; November 19th, 2008 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    The person Rudy Russo got into a verbal confrontation with, DID NOT have cancer.
    In a way, it almost does not matter whether the youth did or did not have cancer, it was a cancer walk, and the issue is 'the person' was a WS youth who was doing his job parking cars. Maybe there should have been some other staging area, but they needed to park the cars somewhere. The youth was unnecessarily yelled at.
    There always seems to be more to the story than what is put in this blog, and the other party is not here to give their side of it.

In a way, it almost does not matter whether the youth did or did not have cancer, it was a cancer walk, and the issue is 'the person' was a WS youth who was doing his job parking cars. Maybe there should have been some other staging area, but they needed to park the cars somewhere. The youth was unnecessarily yelled at.
    There always seems to be more to the story than what is put in this blog, and the other party is not here to give their side of it.
    You really have no clue. But I think anyone with half a brain who reads anything you post knows to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying either party was 100% at fault or 100% innocent. I wasn't there. From what I know, the "youth" was way out of line and the instigator. I can tell you that your idea or assumption of what happened is inaccurate. Your opinion may be that someone was "yelled" at unnecessarily. Do you even know if there was any yelling?

Again, we're back to making exceptions for someone's behavior? Just because it was a Walk for Life makes it ok? We live in different worlds, you and I, Manuel. I do not believe in double standards. Or leniencies for "youths".

Also, do you have any idea why many of the residents of Parkside don't like the soccer complex?

You really have no clue. But I think anyone with half a brain who reads anything you post knows to take it with a grain of salt.
    I have no idea what people think of what I write. I would hope that there are some out there who find some sense in what I might say.
    I'm not saying either party was 100% at fault or 100% innocent. I wasn't there. From what I know, the "youth" was way out of line and the instigator. I can tell you that your idea or assumption of what happened is inaccurate. Your opinion may be that someone was "yelled" at unnecessarily. Do you even know if there was any yelling?
    I wasn't there either, and you are coy as to saying what happened, and Psycho has a rendition probably favorible to his neighbor. I can only speculate, since the information is guarded. As far as the youth being out of line, why would a youth parking cars yell at anyone other than yell 'follow me'.
    Again, we're back to making exceptions for someone's behavior?
    Is this what you were referring to before, the sometimes yes, and sometimes no because you knew this would come up?
    Just because it was a Walk for Life makes it ok? We live in different worlds, you and I, Manuel. I do not believe in double standards. Or leniencies for "youths".
    You may not believe in it, but there is a thing built into the penal system called youthful offender. I guess you do not agree with that.
    Also, do you have any idea why many of the residents of Parkside don't like the soccer complex?
    I suppose they thought the area should never be developed, because it couldn't be because it is in a flood zone. The whole Parkside subdivisiion should have never been built either.

I have no idea what people think of what I write. I would hope that there are some out there who find some sense in what I might say.
    While on occasion you make well thought out points, most of your opinions seem to be on the fringe of lunatic ravings.

I wasn't there either, and you are coy as to saying what happened, and Psycho has a rendition probably favorible to his neighbor. I can only speculate, since the information is guarded. As far as the youth being out of line, why would a youth parking cars yell at anyone other than yell 'follow me'.
    If you're only speculating, it would seem appropriate to state so in the first place.

Is this what you were referring to before, the sometimes yes, and sometimes no because you knew this would come up?

You may not believe in it, but there is a thing built into the penal system called youthful offender. I guess you do not agree with that.
    Yes, this is what I was referring to before. No, I don't think it's acceptable to act in a certain manner, no matter the circumstance. Youth or not, cancer walk or not, it's inexcusable.

Do you think I'm Frank Russo? Wrong again, doctor.

Youthful offender has nothing to do with it. I don't give free passes for vulgar and violent behavior just because of someone's age.

I suppose they thought the area should never be developed, because it couldn't be because it is in a flood zone. The whole Parkside subdivisiion should have never been built either.
    If I were a Parkside resident, I'd be seriously pissed off that an incompetent town, it's engineers, and anyone involved in building that complex weren't bright enough to realize that building a berm (in effect a dam) between the last row of houses and the complex would instantly flood the neighborhood with any sort of spring thaw of Caz creek. Does no one know how to read a topography map, or understand that water flows downhill? Where did these geniuses think all that overflow from Caz was going to go? Regardless of whether that neighborhood should be there or not, it was there for decades with very limited damage from flooding. The field west of the neighborhood was the low point, and where any overflow from Caz would naturally go. That was all altered once the berm was built (in it's original state).

No the issue is:

Russo's been continually vilified on this blog and throughout town for allegedly beating up a cancer kid. You have bought into this and thrown it about here, as well. We know where the rumor got it legs and by whom. Some people can't help flapping their jaw to/and about anybody they come into contact with- especially folks who have, say, their own character defects.

So, Manny, and everyone one here willing to discredit and defame a guy simply because he's impassioned, not willing to be railroaded, and may be a sort of misfit and annoying, just remember, he has a right to be heard, but no one (NO ONE) has a right to assassinate his character on the basis of hearsay and biased information. Get the facts!

While on occasion you make well thought out points, most of your opinions seem to be on the fringe of lunatic ravings.
    Perhaps you might point out something I have written which you consider 'fringe lunatic ravings'.
    If you're only speculating, it would seem appropriate to state so in the first place.
    I did not post initially because I do not know directly about this, and can only speculate. You started this thread, and then appeared disappointed I did not take your bait
    I wonder why Manuel hasn't been here yet to defend his guy ML. He's been posting today.
    Yes, this is what I was referring to before. No, I don't think it's acceptable to act in a certain manner, no matter the circumstance. Youth or not, cancer walk or not, it's inexcusable
    See there it comes out. You were trying to deflect bad behavior by Frank Russo by promoting promoting the 'bad behavior' of some youth to super adult status.
    By that logic anyone of any age and any medical condition gets a free pass for their actions? Interesting.
    Then when questioned, you said you did not feel in a position to comment, all like you are trying to hide something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protect West Seneca View Post
    I don't feel it's my place to say. It didn't involve me. I'm not the one here making false accusations. If you want to have an opinion on it, I think you should know what happened first, that's all.
    What is at issue is who triggered it. Probably (speculating) the boy was doing his job parking cars, and Frank Russo came up to him and said something like WTF are you doing to the soccer field. The boy responded, probably in kind. There is almost no other way it could have happened. Why would a parking attendent pick a fight with a town resident?
    If I were a Parkside resident, I'd be seriously pissed off that an incompetent town, it's engineers, and anyone involved in building that complex weren't bright enough to realize that building a berm (in effect a dam) between the last row of houses and the complex would instantly flood the neighborhood with any sort of spring thaw of Caz creek. Does no one know how to read a topography map, or understand that water flows downhill? Where did these geniuses think all that overflow from Caz was going to go? Regardless of whether that neighborhood should be there or not, it was there for decades with very limited damage from flooding. The field west of the neighborhood was the low point, and where any overflow from Caz would naturally go. That was all altered once the berm was built (in it's original state).
    The beam was a concession to the Parkside residents because of noise. They probably requested it. Probably the town engineers should have seen it coming, but the year there was flooding was an unusual winter. It was very cold winter followed with a quick thaw. There has been correction made to the Caz upstream so it should not happen again. Of course, the Parkside people could request a removal of the berm and a fence instead.

Manuel, what scares me most is that someone gave you a license to practice. If you were of sound mind and actually read and comprehended anything I've said so far, you wouldn't have made any of those rebuttals.

I said on the fringe. Which means dangerously close. Namely your unwavering support of ML, in light of what he's allegedly done to the town. Aside from what I consider an absolutely insane obsession with the Terms of Service.

I did not start this thread. Look at post #1. But I was disappointed you had nothing to say. The day I read this and replied, you were on the site replying to other threads. I thought for sure you'd have something to say, or assume, about the school board incident. Trouble putting the spin on ML's behavior?

I am not deflecting anything. You and some others have been the ones claiming Frank Russo attacked a kid with cancer. (Something that has nothing to do with the school board meeting. Who's trying to deflect things here?) I was merely pointing out that people are posting and making assumptions without knowing the facts. I have nothing to hide regarding this. And no, I don't feel it's either my place or responsibility to explain what happened at the soccer complex. I will say however that your speculation is very innaccurate. But at least you have an open mind, and allow for other possible scenarios. Wait, no, actually you don't. Nevermind.

I'd like to know what experience you have with the annual freeze/thaw cycle of the Parkside Dr. neighborhood. I can assure you that berm, as originally constructed (perhaps at the request of the residents, and I wouldn't blame them. Who wants to let 100's of park visitors look right into their back windows? Let alone the constant noise of games, whistles, etc.) was engineered by only the most incompetent person possible. One look at the topography and you'll see where the water wants to go. And exactly where it used to go. It's not something new that's never happened. But before there was a berm, all that water followed it's natural course and drained to the field. For the most part, this kept people's homes safe. The berm held all that water back. You should see the pictures. Any idea how much it cost the town to fix the berm so water will drain? Any idea how many times it took them to get it right?

And the project upstream, the ice fingers, was an Army Corps of Engineers project, based on a similar project in CT or somewhere.

Damn, this is giving me a headache!

"Holy *****! Where's the Tylenol?" - Clark Griswold

Manuel, what scares me most is that someone gave you a license to practice. If you were of sound mind and actually read and comprehended anything I've said so far, you wouldn't have made any of those rebuttals.
    If I knew what you did, or who you are, I would never, ever make such a remark like that to you. It is so outragously rude. I have played internet tag off and on over the years, and usually when people are short on arguement, they pull out the vulgar. I think the TOS should be applied to this forum even more than national or international forums because this is WNY, and people are not far apart. Here things get too personal, and it is just not right that you should be comfortable saying the above.

You have not been up front, IMO. You have not stated your relationship with Frank Russo. Some relationship is obvious. My mistake, you did not start this thread, but your interest and supposed direct knowledge of the events is suspicious that you are probably a relative..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information