Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazarra goes after citizen at School Board Meeting....

A swat team to break up a cat fight? I hope they took away that purse Mark was swinging before somebody got hurt!

Once you harass a CHILD who is a cancer patient, you should lose all rights. Russo got and will get whatever he deserves... hopefully some jailtime.

Quote Originally Posted by change4WS View Post
    Once you harass a CHILD who is a cancer patient, you should lose all rights. Russo got and will get whatever he deserves... hopefully some jailtime.
    You need to get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    It is just strange that the man in question is Russo, and your name is rwrusso, and you are promoting the topic.
    I wouldn't exactly say promoting. Just odd that such a pillar of the community, who's done wonders for the town, and a school board member, would engage in such behavior, and no one was commenting. This is a message board/forum for discussion, after all.

I heard they had the SWAT Team there to break them up. I guess Russo is going to be back doing alternative sentencing with Michele Graber - we'll hear him complain about that again!
    WS has a SWAT team? Don't they have enough overpaid cops to handle all the violent crime that plagues the town?

By that logic anyone of any age and any medical condition gets a free pass for their actions? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    By that logic anyone of any age and any medical condition gets a free pass for their actions? Interesting.
    I get the Bee, but I did not see the article. It sounds like there is more to the story, and that is why people can not comment. Sounds like you or your name sake attacked a child cancer patient?
    And yes, age and medical condition and sex do effect how people are treated. Add to that sexual orientation, and race. And add to that.......

I get the Bee, but I did not see the article. It sounds like there is more to the story, and that is why people can not comment. Sounds like you or your name sake attacked a child cancer patient?
    And yes, age and medical condition and sex do effect how people are treated. Add to that sexual orientation, and race. And add to that.......
    Look at a phone book. There are many, many Russo's. Keep guessing.

I didn't ask about how people should be treated. My questions was: Just because someone is a certain age, or has a certain medical condition, that gives them a free pass for their actions? I would hope not, but to you and change4WS it seems like that's acceptable. I would hate to think either of you are parents, and what you let you children get away with.

Oh, I almost forgot. I assume swearing and not respecting your elders is ok too, right? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    Look at a phone book. There are many, many Russo's. Keep guessing.
    What is there to guess. rwrusso posting about Russo. Probably many Russos in the phone book are related. LuckyLarry disappears, and you appear. SOE thought LuckyLarry was Russo. Who the hell is Russo. He has been described as the town malcontent.
    I didn't ask about how people should be treated. My questions was: Just because someone is a certain age, or has a certain medical condition, that gives them a free pass for their actions? I would hope not, but to you and change4WS it seems like that's acceptable. I would hate to think either of you are parents, and what you let you children get away with.
    As far as passes given for behavor, sometimes yes, and sometimes no. It depends on the situation.

There is a brief recap in the Spindle Items section of this week's Bee talking about Monday's Meeting. Ms. Howell (Bee Editor) made some good points. First off, the comment Mr. Russo was referring to "I can't believe we're still sitting here in 2008 with a lack of opportunity for women" ~ Mark Lazarra, wasn't insulting to Lazarra. So this begs the question of why Lazarra flipped out and cut Russo off before it was read.

She also said that Russo made a very good case. I agree that he did, but once the altercation insued, was the point lost on the board? Hopefully not.

Aside from Monday Night, Mr. Lazarra has also been seen, on many occasions, to be text messaging during the meetings. He leaves meetings early. And he often uses the forum to promote Americorps, something one could argue is a conflict of interest.

I can't understand how this doesn't resonate with more people. Maybe this time he pushed it too far. I guess we will find out in May when he is up for reelection.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    First off, the comment Mr. Russo was referring to "I can't believe we're still sitting here in 2008 with a lack of opportunity for women" ~ Mark Lazarra, wasn't insulting to Lazarra. So this begs the question of why Lazarra flipped out and cut Russo off before it was read.
    I can not find any reference in the Nov 6 Bee, but the way this is written, it seems to say ML supports lack of opportunity for women. I can see why he would find it offensive, especially since Mr. Russo was addressing the whole board. The way you have it here, ML was singled out by someone with whom ML probably had previous negative experience. I have found ML to be an extremely capable SB member who is very interested in the town youth. What I found shocking was the lack of female support for Sarah Palin, one of their own.

I can not find any reference in the Nov 6 Bee, but the way this is written, it seems to say ML supports lack of opportunity for women. I can see why he would find it offensive, especially since Mr. Russo was addressing the whole board. The way you have it here, ML was singled out by someone with whom ML probably had previous negative experience. I have found ML to be an extremely capable SB member who is very interested in the town youth. What I found shocking was the lack of female support for Sarah Palin, one of their own.
    If he is so interested in Town Youth, maybe he can start with setting a positive example for them. Whether Mr. Russo singled him out or not, his diplorable behavior was unacceptable and unbecoming of an elected official. And yes, certain Town Board Members are guilty of this as well.

I guess Russo is going to be back doing alternative sentencing with Michele Graber - we'll hear him complain about that again!
    You mean that Russo has been in trouble before? Alternative sentencing? Picking up trash from the roadways?

What I found shocking was the lack of female support for Sarah Palin, one of their own.
    "one of their own" What are women? Some type of space monkeys? Just because Palin is female, women can still make up their minds as to whether or not she was qualified for the office.

As far as Mr. Lazzarra, he has proven, many times, that he has no respect for women as a whole. Seems this was just another soap box moment for him to disuade popular belief.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information