Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: new in Lack

Thumbs up

Heard I was running for school board tonight. Never know....I just may be doing that or not. Time will tell.

Attention all PET lovers...

The SPCA is sponsoring a free rabies clinic on the 26th of this month at our Lake Erie Club from 2-4PM.

Check our yourspca.com link...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CORRECTION:

FREE RABIES CLINIC Conducted by the
    Erie County Department of Health
    The Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society
    and
    The Erie County SPCA

CLINIC DATE AND LOCATION:

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
    2:00 - 4:00 PM
    Lake Erie Club
    3200 South Park Avenue
    Lackawanna, NY 14218
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Will you be there? From what I read here you could use a "distemper" shot too.
    Last edited by gibbsgal; January 22nd, 2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: add

Tomorrow

LACKAWANNA SCHOOL BOARD: The Lackawanna Board of Education will hold a special work session to discuss personnel and may take action at 6 p. m. Wednesday in Room 202 of the McKinley Administration Building, 245 South Shore Blvd.

Source: Buffalo News, January 26, 2010.

FREE RABIES CLINIC Conducted by the
    Erie County Department of Health
    The Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society
    and
    The Erie County SPCA

CLINIC DATE AND LOCATION:

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
    2:00 - 4:00 PM
    Lake Erie Club
    3200 South Park Avenue
    Lackawanna, NY 14218
    [/QUOTE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up Winter Fest

Mark your claendar! For more information about the Winter Festival in Lackawanna read: http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/recreation.html

I hope it's a free and open to all event.

Thumbs up Local news

What's new in Lackawanna?

Wish local newspaper provided more info and reports. I find the following info worth reading. Thanks to gorja who provided a credible link:
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/bureaus/legisla...for_towns.html

Any views?

Cool Fact!

The Lackawanna Municipal Housing Authority Resource Center is doing a fine job of helping the community with schooling and employment readiness. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate you with your project/s and will even FAX for free if needed.

Children and adults from anywhere are welcome and GED studies are convenient + Computer Classes help you brush up on your skills.
    I thank LMHA and the Resource Center Staff for helping me personally and all they do for Our Lackawanna Community/Citizens!
    Numerous children do not have access to a computer and thank goodness there are always 20 available!
    Date: M-F
    Time: 9 am- 6 pm
    Place: 216 Steelawanna Avenue at Olcott
    Phone: 332-3774

Job Fair---February 26 10 am- 4 pm!

consolidation

what can be consolided and sill work?

Here's some ideas

Dump director of public safety give duties to police and fire chief and mayor has final say.Dump assesors office contract it out. Dump civil service board combine with county. Merge treasurer's office with city clerk split duties between clerk and adminstration of finance. Combine recreation and youth board have same puropse just look at city website.....

Dump director of public safty, the MAYOR has final say? 1 He has no idea what public safety is (read the new truck WAY he made up)2 Where could he findthe time to go to meetings?
    Merge treasurer with city clerk and administration of finance? HE still does not have the time for meetings

Dump assessor And give civil service to the county? The county does nothing for free. Every thing the city gave th county cost a lot more. I bought my house the sewers were owned by thy city. NO TAX! To save the money of 4 peoples pay it was given to the county and we paid taxs ever seance. And the 4 people still worked for the DPW. What happend to the 2 roads that went in to the park from ridge road.

Jimmy Griffen ended the roads being opened to the park said Lackawanna people were messing it up. I think it was more than likely Lackawanna didn't want to do maintenence on it. The public safety director does nothing he's actually part of the problem. When are they going to completely board up the friendship house and cut down that dead tree in front.Maybe if they were proactive and did it right the first time that building would be useable.I will tell you when they will fix problems when someone gets hurt and sues the city for millions. He also stated that trucks are a public safety issue said they hit the pole all the time on South Park and Ridge.Funny thing is I never saw an accident report whatsoever listing it. How about all the vacant buildings and the street lights going out.We don't own it is a piss poor excuse for not doing it bill the owners take them to court just be proactive.Why have this position if you can't take care of real problems.A truck isn't the problem maybe a 2 lane road being painted with a turning lane is. Never heard them lawyers bring that up. A more proactive mayor would surely help. Good luck finding one the next 2 waiting in line for it Jaworski and Szmanski haven't done anything either. Nothing.
    Last edited by mnb811; February 15th, 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Post Facts

The facts speak for themselves, mnb is sooo right on!
    The king wants to build a $19 million new City Hall---WHY? And he has already spent well over $30,000 on consultants to draw up plans etc. WITHOUT Council approval.

Tonight for the 2nd time he puts it on the Council agenda seeking their approval to hire a consultant to do a feasibility study on Lincoln Annex. WHY?
    He has no problem spending taxpayer monies when he wants to Without Council approval, to ensure cross check and balance on behalf of the innocent citizens!. Talk about a dog and pony show!
    He is so phony it is pathetic, and all part of his corrupt administration. Not everyone but many just go along with his dictator ways because he dangles whatever over their head. SAD!

We need to consolidate, the same old same old is keeping OUR City stuck in 1962.
    Kevin Gaughan where are you?!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information