Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: new in Lack

Power to the people!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Folks, I hope you all can make the meeting!
    I have a great imagination. I can envision this week's council meeting packed so full of people that more can barely get through the door. And then I could imagine the thoughts racing through the bobble heads. Then I imagine that would cause certain people a great deal of anxiety and trepidation. The people of Lackawanna have the power, I would HOPE that a packed house at every meeting would bring about CHANGE.

Thumbs up Lack of programs

This camp needs change: http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/youth.html

The Advisory Board is long overdue! It seems that the present mayor and the city council members lack of ideas and don't want to do anything with youth and adults programs. Is there any upcoming events listed on the city web? No events tag exist.

The upcoming Monday agenda: http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/councilagenda.html

Thumbs up

The city charter states:

§ 11.2 Advisory Committee; program.
    The Mayor shall appoint a Citizen's Advisory Committee on Parks and Recreation to advise and consult with the Director of Parks and Recreation. With the aid and assistance of the Committee, the Director shall plan and develop recreational activities, promote and direct an all year program of cultural and recreational activities for children, youth and adults; provide for
    the optimum coordination and development of public and private recreational facilities and
    programs.

Does anybody aware of the advisory committee?

Post Facts!

zanna, please stop insulting me by lumping me in with the men on the council who monitor everything I try to do and censor ALL my progressive/proactive requests for change because they do not want the public to know what the right things to do are!
    I put the Citizens Advisory Com. on the Council agenda for this Mon. Dec 7 last week on Dec. 2, 2009.
    I asked about it years ago and got no answer.
    There are numerous Citizen Boards that are not filled and so not in compliance with the local laws of the city and are considered City of Lackawanna Code/charter violations! team polanski and company do what they want when they want and because people like you only pop up from time to time and do not protest their illegal ways --THEY GET AWAY WITH IT ALL!

Thumbs up Lackawanna Community Board

Welcome to the Lackawanna Community board. Post information, list organizations, participate!

http://www.americantowns.com/ny/lack..._of_lackawanna

That site has not been used by the City since 2006!

Thumbs up 2010: First Meeting

I read the agenda for the council meeting, Monday, January 4. Somehow it states January 7. It looks the Winter Fest will be held on February 6 and the official city newspaper is the Front Page. Did somebody attend the meeting?

For others, Click on the agenda:
    http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/councilagenda.html

Post Facts!

I went to the meeting. So did the Sorrento Attorney.
    It lasted 12 minutes.

I got to give it to them---they do have some faithful cronies, but they are all connected through money somehow!

One of the councilmen was so red I thought he was going to bust. All this politics aside, maybe blood pressures are rising and it is affecting your employee health issues. I am gone so everyone should be singing a "sunny" song and noone should blame me for anything anymore. I still would like to know what I did to make city hall employees hate on me so much??!! My taxes? My building? My wanting to do a good job for OUR First Ward? My what???

Thank goodness you all have Cadillac insurance, it is no wonder the cost to taxpayers rose so drastically. It must be close to $2 million/yr now---probably lots of claims.
    Maybe make an ordinance prohibiting dual insurance of husband and wife employees instead of the I believe $2000./yr Visa credit card incentive they now get for just one of them to carry the plan. I know people who have major money taken out of their pay/week as their share, $50/week,etc.-----all Union Contracts are up this again this year, right?
    I hate concessions but something will have to give, the private sector has to all the time, so maybe it is time for ........the old boys to give.

Thumbs up Winter Fun

Get your swimsuits, all children and family members ready for the Winter Programs and Festival! Share the news with anybody you can and know:

Click for more info: http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/youth.html

did they vote on the new truck route at the meetting? did they say what it is?

Post Facts!

I heard no mention at all of Sorrento. Maybe someone else did?

March of 2010 will be 1 year that the weight limit was passed by the boys club.

Public hearing was a farce!

Quote Originally Posted by la14218 View Post
    did they vote on the new truck route at the meetting? did they say what it is?
    The public hearing that they held a couple weeks was a farce.They have no intention of changing the way it has been since March 2009. This was just a hearing to cover their butts from not having one when this law was first enacted.That is the way I see it.
    The "public safety" excuse is also a farce since a certain councilman told me the real reason was to get money from the state to fix Ridge Road.I attended my first council meeting right after this law was enforced.I also told this certain councilmember that the signs were not properly worded.It should be specific when you first enter the city such as arrows pointing to truck route (Abbott Rd.) and a sign saying "no trucks over 5 Tons on Ridge Rd. past Abbott." Every other municpality in this area has it properly worded.It sounds like a money grab to me and at 500 bucks a pop it isn't cheap. 99.9 percent of the time a truck driver will have to pay this fine as the company will say the driver should have been aware. But if it is not properly marked... you are screwing an honest hardworking man.Most companies will pay the fine and then bill the driver for it and dock the money from his pay. Most drivers take home around 4 to 5 hundred a week so a 500 fine will hurt them and their family.I do not think they even thought about this part or they just do not care!

Since they are not real great thinkers, one must assume they just don't care!

Thumbs up

Does one count and make a difference?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information