Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new in Lack

Still Waiting

No date set for slaughter house work sessions.
    I am also waiting on 2 Freedom of Info requests:
    *Ralph Miranda's salary for acting Director of Development and Lackawanna Empire Zone Director (Eagan was up to $51,000+great benefits)
    *Slaughter house plans submitted to Ralph by the men from New York City

Post Next Council Meeting

Next Public Meeting of the Lackawanna City Council Meeting is:
    Date : Monday October 5, 2009
    Time : 6:30 Caucus (Work Session)
    7:00 Meeting
    Place: Lackawanna City Hall
    714 Ridge Road
    Lack.
    Council Chambers 2nd floor

It is 2 weeks now and I am still waiting for a date from the Law Department for a Work Session on the Slaughter House--Live Animal Market on Ridge Road.

FYI, I just heard that back 100 years ago when the men were arguing what to call us after West Seneca pulled away from us that:

Father Baker adamately wanted " Lack " awanna to be called VICTORIAVILLE!

Even though I love Lackawanna with all my heart I truly believe that our name label has alot to do with what "lacks" in Lackawanna.
    When you google Lackawanna it tells us that the meaning of Lackawanna is, " Forked River " , from Pennsylvania.
    Ironically Lackawanna is full of forked tongues, back stabbers, and greed.

Go Figure.

Thumbs up

Think positive, Andrea. Learn from other Lackawanna: http://www.lackawannacounty.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Think positive, Andrea. Learn from other Lackawanna: http://www.lackawannacounty.org
    You realize that is PA.

Post Walk in my shoes.....

Zanna, you do not get me at all-----
    I am one of the most positive, upbeat persons you will ever meet---ask around town, my reputation supersedes my actions just the same as yours does. That is why all the nasty and ugly attacks the good ole' boys have flung at me roll right off me like oil hitting water. My composition has NEVER changed, and people throughout the City know it, do I make unwise choices at times, of course, who doesn't?!
    If I were not a positive person I would never speak out so boldly in defense of "Changing Lackawanna". My efforts are for positive change and everything I do is done to change the negative halo that hovers over OUR City. The same negativity just like when "the plant" was rolling with the orange dust and the stink when you hit our city limits. A City where other communities still think of us as negative because of the anything goes in Lackawanna attitude and of the decades of corruption that has stolen the money meant for public good.
    Just the reverse is true, I am trying to POSITIVLY change Lackawanna ,NEW YORK, even though we can learn from other places.
    Learn from the past and look with HOPE to the future, Please join me instead of finding fault with me or just leave me to walk in my own shoes as I let you do yours.

That Lackawanna is not hamstringed by NYS, albeit PA is depressed like NY

Thumbs up

Everyone knows and understands that city and /or county doesn't run on its owns-it's managed by a team of leaders.

http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/ First impression? It's up to you to decide.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Everyone knows and understands that city and /or county doesn't run on its owns-it's managed by a team of leaders.

http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/ First impression? It's up to you to decide.
    Leaders or *******s? Learn the correct terms.

Post Meeting Reminder!

Please try to come out to the Lackawanna City Council Meeting, Monday October 5, 2009.
    6:30 caucus
    7:00 meeting 2nd floor Lackawanna City Hall, Bring a neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    OH YEAH! FYI Folks,
    Dynasty Football Team, OUR non-for-profit, semi-pro, grassroots formed and founded Lackawanna Dynasty WON their Superbowl In Cincinnati Ohio yesterday! They had a 13-0 season and are now their division champs! There was a parade in the 1st Ward last night and people screaming in the streets and kids getting autographs!
    In 1936 our Forefathers built the sports stadium on South Park Avenue in Lackawanna with the hopes of this happening and it is, everything does come full circle.
    Our home team is on the front cover of news in Cincinnati, I hope our City/Citizens realize what a gem, boost Dynasty Football is to the City of "LACK"awanna, and surrounding communities.
    Positive news from "Lack"awanna for a "change"!

I don't recall EVER seeing this news on the city website or in the paper?! Correct me if I am wrong.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Please try to come out to the Lackawanna City Council Meeting, Monday October 5, 2009.
    6:30 caucus
    7:00 meeting 2nd floor Lackawanna City Hall, Bring a neighbor!
    You all really should go to some of your town board meetings. I have been to Amherst, Cheektowaga and Lancasters. Everyone should see the characters who either piss our money away or actually try to get really cut cost. No one reading this messageboard owes anyone weeks of vacation, fully guaranteed over generous pension gimics or top dollar on position that would never pay what they do in the private sector. It's only going to get worse unless the people who are sick of it go stop it.

Post Truth!

Lots of people function on hearsay and gossip. This is where rumors come from, someone's often distorted opinion of what they think of a situation.

I feel the same way, step out of your comfort zone and come to a meeting, then you will see and hear with your own eyes and ears what is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You all really should go to some of your town board meetings. I have been to Amherst, Cheektowaga and Lancasters. Everyone should see the characters who either piss our money away or actually try to get really cut cost. No one reading this messageboard owes anyone weeks of vacation, fully guaranteed over generous pension gimics or top dollar on position that would never pay what they do in the private sector. It's only going to get worse unless the people who are sick of it go stop it.

See you there??

No meetings for me....THANK YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    No meetings for me....THANK YOU!!!!

Oh come on literal......it is quite different from having coffee at Paolini's!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information