Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 school budget and candidates

2012-2013 school budget and candidates

We are about to vote on the School Budget for 2012-2013 school year. With just 10 days until the vote we are being asked to vote on a budget without seeing the details. We have no idea as to the actual content of the budget. The Board only has presented us with highlights which outlines the budget. It has been my experience that when a budget is released late the people responsible for preparing the budget are hiding something. I have some questions regarding the content of the outline but could not question the details since the Board has not made that available yet. They have also stated that they have no contingency budget. Are they that sure that their budget will pass? A competed budget is exactly what the current Board was elected to do. As it stands right now a NO VOTE is our only option.

We know the priorities of the current Board members. Their primary objective is to hire family and friends. Their secondary objective is to get re-elected. Somewhere down the line comes our children and taxpayers but only if it doesn’t interfere with their primary objective. MAKEYENKO is running for re-election. He has been on the School Board for about 16 years. Re-electing him again would be ridiculous. He has done nothing to improve the potential of our children and a vote for him is saying failure is okay. Let make a change now. We have two new candidates SIEREIKA and KOWALSKI. The election results are that the top 3 candidates with the highest number of votes wins. Under no circumstance should you vote for MAKEYENKO. If he gets into the top three he will be re-elected. With him there again nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    We are about to vote on the School Budget for 2012-2013 school year. With just 10 days until the vote we are being asked to vote on a budget without seeing the details. We have no idea as to the actual content of the budget. The Board only has presented us with highlights which outlines the budget. It has been my experience that when a budget is released late the people responsible for preparing the budget are hiding something. I have some questions regarding the content of the outline but could not question the details since the Board has not made that available yet. They have also stated that they have no contingency budget. Are they that sure that their budget will pass? A competed budget is exactly what the current Board was elected to do. As it stands right now a NO VOTE is our only option.

We know the priorities of the current Board members. Their primary objective is to hire family and friends. Their secondary objective is to get re-elected. Somewhere down the line comes our children and taxpayers but only if it doesn’t interfere with their primary objective. MAKEYENKO is running for re-election. He has been on the School Board for about 16 years. Re-electing him again would be ridiculous. He has done nothing to improve the potential of our children and a vote for him is saying failure is okay. Let make a change now. We have two new candidates SIEREIKA and KOWALSKI. The election results are that the top 3 candidates with the highest number of votes wins. Under no circumstance should you vote for MAKEYENKO. If he gets into the top three he will be re-elected. With him there again nothing changes.
    Obviously you have not done your homework again, Your personal agenda with John has made you look like a fool once again, for One ,John has never hired a family member as long as hes been on the board of ed, NEVER! The budget call for a very small increase less than if you vote it down and go to contingency. Siereika, are you kidding me, do your homework, you must know nothing about him if you are asking people to vote for him. A no vote for you is your only option because it serves you well not the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Obviously you have not done your homework again, Your personal agenda with John has made you look like a fool once again, for One ,John has never hired a family member as long as hes been on the board of ed, NEVER! The budget call for a very small increase less than if you vote it down and go to contingency. Siereika, are you kidding me, do your homework, you must know nothing about him if you are asking people to vote for him. A no vote for you is your only option because it serves you well not the kids.
    Dear product of the Lackawanna School System I NEVER said that JM hired a family member. He has hired friends WINK WINK and protected them. I am saying that Siereika is a change and an option. As for the NO vote on the budget, I am saying that this guy has never ever had the child as a priority. With a 50% drop out rate and ranking near the bottom in WNY schools is more than enough to vote him out. Let John run on his record. Not very good. Nothing personal just business.

Talking He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

Which one of the lack1 are you now?
    Probably one of the women who think they are protecting their man. HaHa. You writing styles are like day and night! Ridiculous!

BTW: lack1 and company......again too scared to show up at NOCO to back up your allegations about me on here? Want me to meet you at Woody's so you feel more comfortable? I will.

Why did a certain BOE member have to come by my house yesterday to warn me about what I say about her on here....? Jitters?

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

Dear product of the Lackawanna School System I NEVER said that JM hired a family member. He has hired friends WINK WINK and protected them. I am saying that Siereika is a change and an option. As for the NO vote on the budget, I am saying that this guy has never ever had the child as a priority. With a 50% drop out rate and ranking near the bottom in WNY schools is more than enough to vote him out. Let John run on his record. Not very good. Nothing personal just business.
    Ditto!
    Nothing personal.

Voting No is not helping the kids

We can all agree that Elementary Education in Lackawanna is going well. We should also remember that Lackawanna is not required to provide Pre-K and it is not required to provide full day kindergarten. These programs are VERY important to start children out on the right path to learning. If the school budget does not pass and these programs are eliminated that is a criminal injustice to children in this district.

Lackawanna is finally offering honors, AP and college level courses (these courses did not exist when I went 12 years ago and how I wish they did). Some of the new courses being offered are AP World History, AP US History, and an Honors Global class. These classes are allowing students to get a taste of rigorous academics and that is something this district sorely needs. If the budget fails these classes could be cut.

Finally, we are not known for our stellar academics (yet, but those advanced courses are a move in the right direction), however, Lackawanna did post some of the biggest gains in Erie County on the Regents ELA exam as well as the Regents Algebra Exam.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work, but it's not all bad. Voting no to the school budget because you don't like the school board is petty politics and it hurts no one but the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    We can all agree that Elementary Education in Lackawanna is going well. We should also remember that Lackawanna is not required to provide Pre-K and it is not required to provide full day kindergarten. These programs are VERY important to start children out on the right path to learning. If the school budget does not pass and these programs are eliminated that is a criminal injustice to children in this district.

Lackawanna is finally offering honors, AP and college level courses (these courses did not exist when I went 12 years ago and how I wish they did). Some of the new courses being offered are AP World History, AP US History, and an Honors Global class. These classes are allowing students to get a taste of rigorous academics and that is something this district sorely needs. If the budget fails these classes could be cut.

Finally, we are not known for our stellar academics (yet, but those advanced courses are a move in the right direction), however, Lackawanna did post some of the biggest gains in Erie County on the Regents ELA exam as well as the Regents Algebra Exam.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work, but it's not all bad. Voting no to the school budget because you don't like the school board is petty politics and it hurts no one but the kids.
    Jenn, There is no talking with these people , they have personal vendettas with it seems every elected official, its because they keep running and keep loosing elections, they post what they think ,not what is really happening. Am I happy with the way our schools are performing , No. But some are actually doing really well. room for improvement,certainly. They base thier whole argument on business first, which is what it says all about businesses and money, they wont even tell you what factors into thier rankings. Go look back at these peoples posts, they have been after everyone and anyone who disagrees with thier conspiracy theories. No matter who is in office or what office they hold if it was not thier hand picked candidate when they won all they do is bash them. Especially Andrea,she doesnt pay her taxes but yells that she is paying too much. yet she says she collects welfare,well that comes from taxes as well, so it seems shes in a win,win situation to me. Dont get me wrong some people need assistance, but if you are an abled body person,with all kinds of time on your hands to be a so called community activist, then go get a job and pull your fair share. Then you can yell about whatever you want! A no vote does nothing but hurt the kids, but they would rather satisfy thier own political agendas, they can care lesss about the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Which one of the lack1 are you now?
    Probably one of the women who think they are protecting their man. HaHa. You writing styles are like day and night! Ridiculous!

BTW: lack1 and company......again too scared to show up at NOCO to back up your allegations about me on here? Want me to meet you at Woody's so you feel more comfortable? I will.

Why did a certain BOE member have to come by my house yesterday to warn me about what I say about her on here....? Jitters?
    Woodys doesnt take food stamps for beer unlike some store owners used to! What were allegations, and what were the truth?
    She didnt come to your house!

Post " He Who Laughs Last.........Lasts!

Woodys doesnt take food stamps for beer unlike some store owners used to! What were allegations, and what were the truth?
    She didnt come to your house!

If what you say is true....then why didn't the authorities take action like they did to WOODY'S last month?
    Let one person come forward and say that " I " ever did not do things by the book at my corner store. I was in business from March 1998 - October 2007.....long enough to get me wasn't it?! I don't know who is feeding you but I can imagine.

Oh, pulling up directly in front of my driveway when I was getting something out of my van to talk to me doesn't mean " she didn't come to your house ".......PLEASE stop, I can't laugh anymore, lack1 and company I am amazed at your continuous baloney.
    BTW:
    " yet she says she collects welfare "..........Please enlighten us, where did I ever say that?

You continually attack me as a person....trying to accomplish what?
    This topic is about "THE SCHOOL BUDGET and CANDIDATES"------NOT Andrea Haxtons' life! It is obvious you trolls are running scared, because YOUR opposition is STRONG!

As property owners with shrinking income we all must make sacrifies. I find it appalling that the govt keeps demanding more. They dont ask, they DEMAND you pay more for less. Therefore any vote to increase any govt budget should be voted NO!!!

After all it has become the number one job siught after due to gaurenteed raises, and benefits, get a govt job!

Til this changes our nation will never prosper. So vote NO on any budget increase, even if its just a penny. Cause remember your govt, teachers, schools, no one cares about 'the children'. Its all about 'me'. Screw the 'children'. Thats reality.... And thats the mind set of every politician, and govt related education program. But they are not afraid to use the 'for the children' card to steal more money from you
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Jenn, There is no talking with these people , they have personal vendettas with it seems every elected official, its because they keep running and keep loosing elections, they post what they think ,not what is really happening. Am I happy with the way our schools are performing , No. But some are actually doing really well. room for improvement,certainly. They base thier whole argument on business first, which is what it says all about businesses and money, they wont even tell you what factors into thier rankings. Go look back at these peoples posts, they have been after everyone and anyone who disagrees with thier conspiracy theories. No matter who is in office or what office they hold if it was not thier hand picked candidate when they won all they do is bash them. Especially Andrea,she doesnt pay her taxes but yells that she is paying too much. yet she says she collects welfare,well that comes from taxes as well, so it seems shes in a win,win situation to me. Dont get me wrong some people need assistance, but if you are an abled body person,with all kinds of time on your hands to be a so called community activist, then go get a job and pull your fair share. Then you can yell about what ever you want! A no vote does nothing but hurt the kids, but they would rather satisfy thier own political agendas, they can care lesss about the kids!
    There is no vendetta. I'm not a politician so there is no gain. I am just a retiree that has had enough. I will not apologize nor change anything I have posted. The largest expenditures in the district are salaries and bennies what is left may go to the students. Taxes rise, home values go down and people move here because the homes values are cheap, The don't move here because of our failing school district with a 50% graduation rate or because it has pre-k or full day kindergarten and a few advanced programs at the HS level. The threat of eliminating programs that the School Board uses year after year causes fear in the younger families. That fear gets them to make poor voting decisions.

Look at the record of the Board Members. Ask yourself are you getting value for your tax dollars. More importantly ask yourself are things going to change for the better if you keep voting the same people back. Ask yourself in the 16 years that Makeyenko has been on the board have the schools improved the education levels of the students. Mayeyenko in his 16 years has gotten his people elected to the Board and they all have had a personal stake in get jobs for "family and friends". Change in leadership is needed and needed now. A VOTE NO is reality. By all means this is not petty politics it is the bottom line.
    Last edited by getalife123; May 6th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

There is no vendetta. I'm not a politician so there is no gain. I am just a retiree that has had enough. I will not apologize nor change anything I have posted. The largest expenditures in the district are salaries and bennies what is left may go to the students. Taxes rise, home values go down and people move here because the homes values are cheap, The don't move here because of our failing school district with a 50% graduation rate or because it has pre-k or full day kindergarten and a few advanced programs at the HS level. The threat of eliminating programs that the School Board uses year after year causes fear in the younger families. That fear gets them to make poor voting decisions.

Look at the record of the Board Members. Ask yourself are you getting value for your tax dollars. More importantly ask yourself are things going to change for the better if you keep voting the same people back. Ask yourself in the 16 years that Makeyenko has been on the board have the schools improved the education levels of the students. Mayeyenko in his 16 years has gotten his people elected to the Board and they all have had a personal stake in get jobs for "family and friends". Change in leadership is needed and needed now. A VOTE NO is reality. By all means this is not petty politics it is the bottom line.
    You cant have it both ways, didnt the budget fail last year,what cuts to academics were there? In one breath you say they have no contingency budget in place and then you say they are threatening with cuts. When have home values diclined in Lackawanna? You make no sense ,You say taxes are going up and that is one of your problems if you vote no, taxes will be higher in the contingency budget than in the proposed budget, No vendetta my ass! People arent as dumb as you think they are!

Mayeyenko backing geoff szymanski

Say it isn't so Geoff. It appears that John Makeyenko is backing Geoff Szymanki. Geoff tell us that you have not made a backroom deal with the Makeyenko Klan. I wonder what job Geoff wants for his sister (Elementary School Teacher). I wonder what Geoff offered the Makeyenko group for the backing. This is the old time politics that has taken this city down. Didn't Geoff learn that a backing by Makeyenko is political suicide. This a desperate move that will only cause the continued downward spiral of the city and we deserve better. By bringing the political crap that we experience with the School Board into the city it will only breed more contempt by the citizens of our city. Makeyenko's days are numbered and should be discarded like the trash that he is. If this is the case I will vote for anyone other than Geoff, this is a cancer we don't need. Once in office the damage is done
    No vendetta huh

Jaworski and Italian comments

My neighbor brought over a letter he received through the mail regarding what appears to be defamatory comment from Chuck Jaworski regarding Italian ethnicity.

The letter states that Mr Jaworski chastised the chairman of the event at the Lake Erie Club - Big Band Concert for having Geoff Szymanski co-sponsor the event and had his name on the banner. It appears that Mr. Jaworski could have also co-sponsored the event but for what ever reason chose not too.

The letter stated that, During the course of the event, Mr Jaworski pointed his finger and stated, "You people are not welcome in City Hall". "YOU PEOPLE"? This insult could only be interpreted as a slur against our ethnicity".

The sponsors of this event and members of the club want an apology from the Council President Charles Jaworski.

Really now just an apology? Wonder how the African American, Muslim, Hispanic or Polish community would react to a ethnic slur against them.

No vendetta huh?
    Last edited by lackawanna #1; May 6th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

[QUOTE=getalife123;919828]There is no vendetta. I'm not a politician so there is no gain. I am just a retiree that has had enough. I will not apologize nor change anything I have posted. The largest expenditures in the district are salaries and bennies what is left may go to the students. Taxes rise, home values go down and people move here because the homes values are cheap, The don't move here because of our failing school district with a 50% graduation rate or because it has pre-k or full day kindergarten and a few advanced programs at the HS level. The threat of eliminating programs that the School Board uses year after year causes fear in the younger families. That fear gets them to make poor voting decisions.

Look at the record of the Board Members. Ask yourself are you getting value for your tax dollars. More importantly ask yourself are things going to change for the better if you keep voting the same people back. Ask yourself in the 16 years that Makeyenko has been on the board have the schools improved the education levels of the students. Mayeyenko in his 16 years has gotten his people elected to the Board and they all have had a personal stake in get jobs for "family and friends". Change in leadership is needed and needed now. A VOTE NO is reality. By all means this is not petty politics it is the bottom line.[/QUOTDo the voters really want sbs as city council president?

For a couple on months now we have heard that SBS wants to be the next Council President. We have discovered her many qualifications. I will try to elaborate those many qualifications:

1. She is a good mother.
    2. She works as a waitress
    3. She works for the school district as a secretary.
    4. She friends of JM who is running her campaign.
    5. Daddy was in politics
    6. Husband is a racist
    7. She does what she is told to do.
    8. Owes JM a favor because JM was able to keep her husbands job.
    9. Is an ardent advocate for PAY TO PLAY.
    10. Will do what is best for the benefit of FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
    11. Obivously needs another job!
    12. Able to prioritize her work load?
    13. Feels that she is owed the position.
    14. Will bring a blue collar mentality to Council President.
    15. Will not let her husband racist ideology effect her decisions??????????
    16. Will not let JM run the show??????????
    17. Will make what is Lackawanna's best interests be her main priority?????????
    18. Can't attend the City Council President's debate because she has other obligations?????????
    19. Highly qualified because JM says so.
    20. Why NOT

No vendetta Huh, these are just a few posts, there are several hundred more if you go back and look. get a real life and save your bull****, your nothing more than a hater and a phony!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information