Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 school budget and candidates

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

NYS Tax CAP calculated by the State is on the TAX LEVY in the new budget.

If the budget fails again, 2x in a row, then the TAX LEVY reverts back to the 2011/12' numbers again.
    Let's just hope we don't have to go to court this time.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    And the LA School Board President was quoted in the Bflo. News on Friday May 3, 2012 as saying, " “Until we are faced with that, we really don’t know,” replied School Board President John W. Makeyenko. ""

Enough grabbing at your lame straws to OUR postings of the real truth and logic.
    Enough, we keep posting the facts and you keep posting personal attacks at us poster. You can't go after getalife123 because you don't know their name or you would probably try to like the way you all hound/harass/slander me.

Sooooooo, YOU have plans to INCREASE the CONTINGENCY BUDGET again just like you did last year for 2011/12'.
    And the quote in the paper.......was?
    Sorry I aam nothing but a voter who will vote YES!

$18,565 Per Pupil

Is that an average per student or is that an amount lumped all together and then divided by number of students?

If the budget fails again, 2x in a row, then the TAX LEVY reverts back to the 2011/12' numbers again.
    Andre ,its amazing how much you know about budgets and financial doingsof a school district but couldnt do your own budget witha mom/pop store or you own household budget. Oh probably couldnt copy and paste at the store or house!

AndreA ,its amazing how much you know about budgets and financial doingsof a school district but couldnt do your own budget witha mom/pop store or you own household budget. Oh probably couldnt copy and paste at the store or house!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Please explain what my posts have to do with the election and the school budget? I stand by each post I wrote. Just like I am SURE that you will stand by yours. This is about the JOHN MAKENYENKO and his failures. So who is the phony here? The person writing under Lackawanna #1 now or the other guys. PS go back and look at some of your posts. They are repulsive.
    The good thing about telling the truth is you dont have to remember what you said!

Post " Forum "

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Andre ,its amazing how much you know about budgets and financial doingsof a school district but couldnt do your own budget witha mom/pop store or you own household budget. Oh probably couldnt copy and paste at the store or house!
    Why do you keep up with the personal attacks when I have asked you repeatedly to stop them?

" Oh probably couldnt copy and paste at the store or house!" What the heck does that mean?

I lasted 9 1/2 years as a small business owner.....at least I tried, have YOU ever owned a business?

Really dumb

$18,565 Per Pupil

Is that an average per student or is that an amount lumped all together and then divided by number of students?
    You take the program component and divide it by the number of students.
    Leave out the administrative component and capital component.
    The data is a snapshot of a moving target. Since the number of students can change at anytime you go with the best information available at that time. THIS IS CALLED STATISTICS 101

The good thing about telling the truth is you dont have to remember what you said!
    I agree, thank you for the compliment!

Unregistered
    AndreA ,its amazing how much you know about budgets and financial doingsof a school district but couldnt do your own budget witha mom/pop store or you own household budget. Oh probably couldnt copy and paste at the store or house!
    Seriously, the last I heard neither could you or your wife. Bankruptcy can you recall that? or Did you forget? or Maybe your just to embarassed? Those who are hypocrites shouldn't throw any stones!
    Last edited by standingfirm; May 7th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Unregistered

If you make sure it fails twice that would be a serious blow to their egos. That means the 2011/12 numbers will be in effect as the fail safe for next years budget also. They will have to do some serious cutting then. This should be a priority to ensure this happens so the district will finally have to live within its means!

Unregistered
    What the hell was that budget gibberish I got in the mail today? Talk about mass confusion to an everyday voter who doesn't have a clue as most don't. To bad I am not one of those voters. Time to demand transparency and integrity in the budget process.

Funny budget stuff

I have a couple of questions?

Where is the $945,500 in staffs cuts that Sam the Man stated at the recap of the budget last week Thursday that the Buffalo News covered?????????????

There are 9 staff members that will be retiring at the end of current school year. That includes 1 SE chairperson/administration, 2 SE teachers, 1 music, 1 guidance counselor, 1 resource, 1 elementary, 1 English and 1 Science. Salaries taken from ROCDOC.com for 2010-2011 are approximately $885,000 gross for these retirees. This does not include this years salary increase nor does it include benefits. This retiring staff also receives $20,000 per person as a retiree incentive or $180,000 total. This is a one time only event that would appear on this years balance sheet and would not appear next year. In essence we should see a $180,000 savings on next years payroll effective July 1st to account for the one time event. Sam is calling this a cut!

Sam also stated that the wages will increase by $457,402. So using Sam’s Math if in fact these are real cuts where is the savings of $668,098. ($945,500 for retiree plus the $180,000 incentive minus $457,402 pay raise). The problem that I see is the numbers provided by the School district show and increase of $362,000 for the Administrative and Program Components. These figures would indicate that they plan on replacing the 9 retirees with a less expensive salary for a new hires.

HOCKUS POCKUS NO CUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is just employee retirement and REPLACEMENT of staff. You also find this in the contingency budget.

In summary, we replace 9 retirees and give a raise to the rest of the staff, save the cost of the senior retiring staff members salary verse the new hires and still at over $362,000 MORE in payroll using the budget we received in the mail today. Really SAM!!!!!!!!!!

In this scenario, Sam, the Board and Nick, added the full payroll of the retirees into next years budget. They knowingly have created an approximate $500,000 slush fund. Where the auditors? People go to jail for this kind of accounting.

Quote Originally Posted by standingfirm View Post
    Seriously, the last I heard neither could you or your wife. Bankruptcy can you recall that? or Did you forget? or Maybe your just to embarassed? Those who are hypocrites shouldn't throw any stones!
    ?????

Post You are right......

Quote Originally Posted by standingfirm View Post
    What the hell was that budget gibberish I got in the mail today? Talk about mass confusion to an everyday voter who doesn't have a clue as most don't. To bad I am not one of those voters. Time to demand transparency and integrity in the budget process.
    " A. Tax Levy Limit
    The tax levy limit tells a school district how much community support it will need to pass a budget with its proposed tax levy.
    Our District’s Tax Levy Limit Is:
    $8,688,813 or a 3.2% Increase
    B. Maximum Allowable Tax Levy
    The maximum allowable tax levy is the tax levy limit PLUS certain exclusions.
    Our District’s Maximum
    Allowable Tax Levy Is:
    $8,716,414 or a 3.5% Increase
    However
    C. Proposed Tax Levy
    The third tax levy number is arguably the most important. It’s the tax levy called for by a school district’s proposed budget.
    Our Proposed Tax Levy Is:
    $8,590,000 or a 2.0% Increase
    *Significantly less than the amount allowed to be levied (A. or B.) under the Tax Cap threshold legislation recently adopted by New York State. "

Yes, you are soooooo right!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information