Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 school budget and candidates

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Mayeyenko backing geoff szymanski

Say it isn't so Geoff. It appears that John Makeyenko is backing Geoff Szymanki. Geoff tell us that you have not made a backroom deal with the Makeyenko Klan. I wonder what job Geoff wants for his sister (Elementary School Teacher). I wonder what Geoff offered the Makeyenko group for the backing. This is the old time politics that has taken this city down. Didn't Geoff learn that a backing by Makeyenko is political suicide. This a desperate move that will only cause the continued downward spiral of the city and we deserve better. By bringing the political crap that we experience with the School Board into the city it will only breed more contempt by the citizens of our city. Makeyenko's days are numbered and should be discarded like the trash that he is. If this is the case I will vote for anyone other than Geoff, this is a cancer we don't need. Once in office the damage is done
    No vendetta huh
    WHAT IS YOUR POINT? I made my point. JOHN MAKEYENKO is the one running for the board. If he cannot handle the heat get OUT of the kitchen.

Maybe we should retrieve some of your past posts. Especially the VULGAR ones, or maybe the ones while you were in a stupper.

Here is another thought. We pay $18,565 per student per year for a childs education in LA. If you had to pay this directly out of your pocket every year would you be satisified with what you are paying for regarding the education of your child. Remember that you child has a 50% chance of graduation from our schools. That is the Makeyenko legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    If what you say is true....then why didn't the authorities take action like they did to WOODY'S last month?
    Let one person come forward and say that " I " ever did not do things by the book at my corner store. I was in business from March 1998 - October 2007.....long enough to get me wasn't it?! I don't know who is feeding you but I can imagine.

Oh, pulling up directly in front of my driveway when I was getting something out of my van to talk to me doesn't mean " she didn't come to your house ".......PLEASE stop, I can't laugh anymore, lack1 and company I am amazed at your continuous baloney.
    BTW:
    " yet she says she collects welfare "..........Please enlighten us, where did I ever say that?

You continually attack me as a person....trying to accomplish what?
    This topic is about "THE SCHOOL BUDGET and CANDIDATES"------NOT Andrea Haxtons' life! It is obvious you trolls are running scared, because YOUR opposition is STRONG!
    He Who Laughs Last.........Lasts!

Originally Posted by lackawanna #1

With all those qualifications ,why is it you have no job, do you want one? I dont think so. What is the number one cost in this state to the tax payer. WELFARE! lets start a forum on how to get people off of it. I nominate you start it. Lets start keeping it real with saving money bull**** too,If you dont pay your taxes ,how can you say your paying too much or not getting your monies worth? Are you collecting welfare , yes or no. Are your all of your taxes payed up to date?
    1. (y) (N)
    2. (Y) (N)
    Please just answer the questions with a simple y for yes or n for no, anything other than that wwill be considered a wrong answer.Lets see how you follow directions. With all the education you have you should easily be able to answer. Extra 10 points for being truthful. Please no lengthy explanations and noone else answering for you or you get a zero!

" What is the number one cost in this state to the taxpayer. WELFARE! "

Really?
    OK.
    Then EDUCATION is number 2 or close to it!
    May 1, Buffalo News:
    " Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, each closely allied with the Senate's Republican majority, had no immediate comment# The $10 million bullet aid would be a fraction of the state's more than $20 billion in annual school aid."

I ask you again to keep things in perspective. YOU are off the TOPIC but not the title of this thread......." Shenanigans ".
    BTW:
    Is it really any of your business about my personal life? But if YOU must know meet me face to face tomorrow morning at NOCO Turnpike's Tim Horton's...say 8:30ish. I look forward to discussing my life with you in person to satisfy your fixation/infactuation of me and my financial situation.

1. (y)
    2. (n)

" Extra 10 points for being truthful. " If one of your cronies answers for you .....YOU are a ZERO!

BTW: I have nothing to hide and I know you are using your "connections" to dig-dig-dig on me. Just like the School Board President once told me that he researched me all the way back to my first boyfriend when I was 16. If you spent more time brainstorming on how to get OUR kids graduated than harassing me we might have something good going on........why you would think I was running for School Board!
    Manana'!

You answered the questions didnt you?

You cant have it both ways, didnt the budget fail last year,what cuts to academics were there? In one breath you say they have no contingency budget in place and then you say they are threatening with cuts. When have home values diclined in Lackawanna? You make no sense ,You say taxes are going up and that is one of your problems if you vote no, taxes will be higher in the contingency budget than in the proposed budget, No vendetta my ass! People arent as dumb as you think they are!
    re-read the post. You can't be that stupid can you?

Post ?????????

He Who Laughs Last.........Lasts!

Originally Posted by lackawanna #1

With all those qualifications ,why is it you have no job, do you want one? I dont think so. What is the number one cost in this state to the tax payer. WELFARE! lets start a forum on how to get people off of it. I nominate you start it. Lets start keeping it real with saving money bull**** too,If you dont pay your taxes ,how can you say your paying too much or not getting your monies worth? Are you collecting welfare , yes or no. Are your all of your taxes payed up to date?
    1. (y) (N)
    2. (Y) (N)
    Please just answer the questions with a simple y for yes or n for no, anything other than that wwill be considered a wrong answer.Lets see how you follow directions. With all the education you have you should easily be able to answer. Extra 10 points for being truthful. Please no lengthy explanations and noone else answering for you or you get a zero!

" What is the number one cost in this state to the taxpayer. WELFARE! "

Really?
    OK.
    Then EDUCATION is number 2 or close to it!
    May 1, Buffalo News:
    " Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, each closely allied with the Senate's Republican majority, had no immediate comment# The $10 million bullet aid would be a fraction of the state's more than $20 billion in annual school aid."

I ask you again to keep things in perspective. YOU are off the TOPIC but not the title of this thread......." Shenanigans ".
    BTW:
    Is it really any of your business about my personal life? But if YOU must know meet me face to face tomorrow morning at NOCO Turnpike's Tim Horton's...say 8:30ish. I look forward to discussing my life with you in person to satisfy your fixation/infactuation of me and my financial situation.

1. (y)
    2. (n)

" Extra 10 points for being truthful. " If one of your cronies answers for you .....YOU are a ZERO!

BTW: I have nothing to hide and I know you are using your "connections" to dig-dig-dig on me. Just like the School Board President once told me that he researched me all the way back to my first boyfriend when I was 16. If you spent more time brainstorming on how to get OUR kids graduated than harassing me we might have something good going on........why you would think I was running for School Board!
    Manana'!

You answered the questions didnt you?
    Did I miss something? QUESTIONS?
    WHAT questions did I answer?
    Just give it up, and leave me alone. I keep asking you to, you have been forewarned.

Please explain what my posts have to do with the election and the school budget? I stand by each post I wrote. Just like I am SURE that you will stand by yours. This is about the JOHN MAKENYENKO and his failures. So who is the phony here? The person writing under Lackawanna #1 now or the other guys. PS go back and look at some of your posts. They are repulsive.

Post The plot thickens....

You cant have it both ways, didnt the budget fail last year,what cuts to academics were there? In one breath you say they have no contingency budget in place and then you say they are threatening with cuts. When have home values diclined in Lackawanna? You make no sense ,You say taxes are going up and that is one of your problems if you vote no, taxes will be higher in the contingency budget than inproposed budget the , No vendetta my ass! People arent as dumb as you think they are!
    And the LA School Board President was quoted in the Bflo. News on Friday May 3, 2012 as saying, " “Until we are faced with that, we really don’t know,” replied School Board President John W. Makeyenko. ""

Enough grabbing at your lame straws to OUR postings of the real truth and logic.
    Enough, we keep posting the facts and you keep posting personal attacks at us poster. You can't go after getalife123 because you don't know their name or you would probably try to like the way you all hound/harass/slander me.

Sooooooo, YOU have plans to INCREASE the CONTINGENCY BUDGET again just like you did last year for 2011/12'.
    And the quote in the paper.......was?

Post Appr. 1 year later and YOU are still beating the same drum.....

Obviously you have not done your homework again, Your personal agenda with John has made you look like a fool once again, for One ,John has never hired a family member as long as hes been on the board of ed, NEVER! The budget call for a very small increase less than if you vote it down and go to contingency. Siereika, are you kidding me, do your homework, you must know nothing about him if you are asking people to vote for him. A no vote for you is your only option because it serves you well not the kids.

July 7th, 2011 06:55 PM#211
    lackawanna #1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Gibbsgal you just don't get it.......I love to get under your skin......I mis-spell just so you have something to complain about.....Keeps you going.....Simple things for simple people.....Ha ha ha......."
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

You just stated that you , " love to get under your skin ". Should you really be working around children?
    Please...... There are 20+ year old letters floating somewhere that proves who couldn't spell then and who still can't.

You know....there is a name for people like you.
    And it is not God-fearing. BULLY fits nicely. I can't help to feel sorry for you though.

Once and for all, show and tell us how WE are not on the side of trying to take our schools in a new direction. And newcomers ALWAYS give us innocent by-standers that hope!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    WHAT IS YOUR POINT? I made my point. JOHN MAKEYENKO is the one running for the board. If he cannot handle the heat get OUT of the kitchen.

Maybe we should retrieve some of your past posts. Especially the VULGAR ones, or maybe the ones while you were in a stupper.

Here is another thought. We pay $18,565 per student per year for a childs education in LA. If you had to pay this directly out of your pocket every year would you be satisified with what you are paying for regarding the education of your child. Remember that you child has a 50% chance of graduation from our schools. That is the Makeyenko legacy.
    More lies.

Lies really???????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    More lies.
    Lackawanna City School District Spending

$18,565 Per Pupil

The Lackawanna City School District spends $18,565 per pupil in current expenditures. The district spends 70% on instruction, 27% on support services, 3% on other elementary and secondary expenditures. Information by: Education.com 

Test Scores

RANK 3 OF 10

About the NYSRE
    What is it?
    The New York State Regents Examinations are a series of subject specific tests that measure a student's level of proficiency in each of the subject areas tested.
    Which Grades and Subjects?
    High school students must pass at least five tests in the following subjects: English language arts, math, global history and geography, US history and government, living environment, chemistry, earth science, physics and foreign language.
    How is it Scored?
    Every New York high school student must pass (score a 65 or above) at least five Regents examinations to receive a high school diploma. The goal is for all students to pass the tests.

Algebra 2/Trigonometry
    School 28%
    District 28%
    State 64%
    New York State Regents Exams Results (2011)
    change 3%

Chemistry
    School 30%
    District 30%
    State 78%
    change 13%

Earth Science
    School 71%
    District 70%
    State 72%
    change 8%

English
    School 83%
    District 82%
    State 85%
    change 21%

Geometry
    School 47%
    District 48%
    State 75%
    change 1%

Integrated Algebra
    School 70%
    District 72%
    State 73%
    change 3%

Living Environment
    School 90%
    District 88%
    State 81%
    change 28%

Physics
    School 47%
    District 47%
    State 79%

Information from EDUCATION.com

NOW LETS DEBATE

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    As property owners with shrinking income we all must make sacrifies. I find it appalling that the govt keeps demanding more. They dont ask, they DEMAND you pay more for less. Therefore any vote to increase any govt budget should be voted NO!!!

After all it has become the number one job siught after due to gaurenteed raises, and benefits, get a govt job!

Til this changes our nation will never prosper. So vote NO on any budget increase, even if its just a penny. Cause remember your govt, teachers, schools, no one cares about 'the children'. Its all about 'me'. Screw the 'children'. Thats reality.... And thats the mind set of every politician, and govt related education program. But they are not afraid to use the 'for the children' card to steal more money from you
    I certainly agree, its all for the gov't employees now and let the kids of tomorrow pay.

You cant have it both ways, didnt the budget fail last year,what cuts to academics were there? In one breath you say they have no contingency budget in place and then you say they are threatening with cuts. When have home values diclined in Lackawanna? You make no sense ,You say taxes are going up and that is one of your problems if you vote no, taxes will be higher in the contingency budget than in the proposed budget, No vendetta my ass! People arent as dumb as you think they are!
    Will taxes really go up on a contingency budget??? Tell the truth now Lack #1......

From The NYS Education Department:

What is the contingency budget cap for 2011-2012?

1.92%
    If the budget originally proposed to the voters is less than the contingency budget cap, how is a contingency budget then calculated?

Cuts would not have to be made to reach the contingency budget cap but would have to be made to meet the definition of contingency appropriations. The proposed budget includes all contingency and necessary expenses to operate the school district (see J. Stevens memo at: Annual School District Budget). When the proposed budget is below the contingency budget cap, the contingency budget is calculated by removing all non-contingency appropriations from the proposed budget. Items which are statutorily considered non-contingency expenses are, for example, student supplies, community use of buildings and grounds, certain equipment purchases and certain salary increases. Therefore, the contingency budget adopted by the Board of Education would always be less than the proposed budget. In this situation, the “Contingency Budget” column of the budget notice mailed to all residents must reflect these reductions.

Also, according to the newsletter sent out by the district, the percentage increase for the contingency budget will be less than the proposed budget.

1.50% vs. 1.11%

More spin by Lackawanna #1 and Company........
    Because they do not want the public to know the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Will taxes really go up on a contingency budget??? Tell the truth now Lack #1......

From The NYS Education Department:

What is the contingency budget cap for 2011-2012?

1.92%
    If the budget originally proposed to the voters is less than the contingency budget cap, how is a contingency budget then calculated?

Cuts would not have to be made to reach the contingency budget cap but would have to be made to meet the definition of contingency appropriations. The proposed budget includes all contingency and necessary expenses to operate the school district (see J. Stevens memo at: Annual School District Budget). When the proposed budget is below the contingency budget cap, the contingency budget is calculated by removing all non-contingency appropriations from the proposed budget. Items which are statutorily considered non-contingency expenses are, for example, student supplies, community use of buildings and grounds, certain equipment purchases and certain salary increases. Therefore, the contingency budget adopted by the Board of Education would always be less than the proposed budget. In this situation, the “Contingency Budget” column of the budget notice mailed to all residents must reflect these reductions.
    Thank you for proving my point, if the budget is voted down, what is your first example of what is gone,STUDENT SUPPLIES,then community use of buildings,then ? How is this not hurting the kids! You people are just pathetic.

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

Thank you for proving my point, if the budget is voted down, what is your first example of what is gone,STUDENT SUPPLIES,then community use of buildings,then ? How is this not hurting the kids! You people are just pathetic.
    Enough.
    " You people " ? Really.

Please give " us people " a list of what exactly your post is talking about:

1. STUDENT SUPPLIES
    A. Please name them ALL
    2. COMMUNITY USE of BUILDINGS
    B. By Whom
    C. For What
    D. When are the school buildings used by the "community"?
    3. "Then", what?

We are on a " Contingency Budget " now for 2011/12'......please tell us how the children have been " hurt " by this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information