Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
oops sorry you're right.

rather than get into semantics over the math I will stand by my statement that despite your math lesson teacher costs are indeed the lion share of the budget expenditures, unless the school district is fraudulently reporting their budget.

of course they should be, since there are more teachers than any other employee in the district, my point was that the math lesson wasn't jiving with the actual budget numbers so one of them is an in-accurate representation.
There are teachers who are not "teaching". They are in coaching positions, etc. So suppose you have 1 teacher that doesn't teach and 1 teacher that does. 1 teacher has zero students, the other is in my scenario. Now your per pupil expenditure just doubled from $6K to $12K. Like I said, there are also many special education teachers that have smaller numbers of students, also driving up the cost. But, if we compare Buffalo's expenditure to some place like the Falk School (cheektowaga pays about $33K to send kids there) we are well below this. I stand by my numbers. My numbers are actually a little on the high side because the retirement is not really funded by the district or the city. So it makes me think there's some fraudulent reporting.