Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Parents urge contract changes on BTF

Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
    oops sorry you're right.

rather than get into semantics over the math I will stand by my statement that despite your math lesson teacher costs are indeed the lion share of the budget expenditures, unless the school district is fraudulently reporting their budget.

of course they should be, since there are more teachers than any other employee in the district, my point was that the math lesson wasn't jiving with the actual budget numbers so one of them is an in-accurate representation.
    There are teachers who are not "teaching". They are in coaching positions, etc. So suppose you have 1 teacher that doesn't teach and 1 teacher that does. 1 teacher has zero students, the other is in my scenario. Now your per pupil expenditure just doubled from $6K to $12K. Like I said, there are also many special education teachers that have smaller numbers of students, also driving up the cost. But, if we compare Buffalo's expenditure to some place like the Falk School (cheektowaga pays about $33K to send kids there) we are well below this. I stand by my numbers. My numbers are actually a little on the high side because the retirement is not really funded by the district or the city. So it makes me think there's some fraudulent reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    $3733 payroll per kid per year
    Ridiculous, and I stand on my statement that this cost is a crime on society.

Must be the unions though...even though it was pointed out before that nearly all the countries that clobber the US in education have a unionized teacher workforce.
    Minus the "thug mentality" maybe though?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Naw, you are right, I have only been a Treasurer for 22 plus years and before that a Controller for 7, before that a purchasing manager - I know nothing of economic theories. Do know reality and cost accounting. I have zero cost in curriculum for my one son in school now and own 3-12 for my 4 year old. Of course I will update some when he gets older but for now all is paid for and the cost factor used up for the other 4 kids that have completed school.

Your theories can go into the wind and disappear - I know reality.

As far as opportunity cost, my zero cost is far superior to your ridiculous cost. Your way would have never paid dividends for us in any long run analysis. I will put my best up against yours any day. I made the right choice!
    You never really addressed opportunity cost but fine. There is no such thing as "zero" cost. I'm not going to discuss the finer points of economic theory because all you like to do is spit back your "duh yoonions bad" soundbite. I am sure you made the right choice, I am not going to say that sending your child to public school would have been better. In fact I respect peoples' decision to home school. Point is Frank, people don't want to send their kids to school with kids who misbehave and disrupt the educational process and that's why charters came into existence. It's not because the teachers are poor quality, but because the curriculum is stagnant and not engaging for "those" kids. But if you want to implement serious reform, begin with reforming standards and requirements. Then teachers could engage the kids with different approaches. In fact that's what was done many years ago. However, every numb-nut jumped on the 'accountability" wagon and bizniz "value-added" approaches and that's why are up to our necks in deep doo-doo.

Yes, and of course you have some cogent argument to support your position? Nope, "duh yoonions bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton
    Minus the "thug mentality" maybe though?
    Yep, there it is "duh yoonions bad".

Yes, and of course you have some cogent argument to support your position? Nope, "duh yoonions bad".
    Yep, there it is "duh yoonions bad".
    You said that - I said something MUCH different - try to discredit the truth - the truth being the BTF acts like thugs at contract time. We are up to our neck in deep do do because too much money is wasted!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Don't tell me you bought into Jim O's line that public schooling is slavery, did you? lolololol
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information