This is my response to the Metro article about Mrs. Holtz garbage toes meeting:

After reading about this first meeting regarding the town of Cheektowaga new tote system made me shack my head while reading the article. First, the town will be spending money in a haphazard way by forcing town residents to use these totes. I have a 50 gallon tote I use which I bought for my home, and I use it not but many of my neighbors have theirs as well maybe not what I use but they do have cans, and you know what many of them just put out the garbage as the bag only because they are too lazy to use a tote or a can.

So the town ,and Mary Holtz wants to force me to use there town tote well Mrs. Holtz why don’t you pave me street it needs it instead of spending money on dumb projects like totes. Sure you can force the towns people to store them in their garages but mark my words you will not force residents to use them weekly unless you place a fine attached to the totes for not using them weekly. Otherwise, the rat problems will continue, and you would have spent money that could have gone to repaving my street, and other streets maybe you can finish the north creek drive project by paving the street the right way instead of keeping it lumpy.

But it seems Mrs Holtz you are bent on forcing the town to use something like Washington is forcing the country to accept things it doesn’t want. I am one town resident who doesn’t want a tote system because what about the elderly have you thought about them. Many can’t drag out their own totes to the street for pick up shall we just end their lives to make it more acceptable for you to have your tote system in place. Of course not, that would be a liberal demarcate thought process. What you should do is offer this system to those residents of the town who wants to use them, and leave the rest of us alone.

Even the article in the Metro you failed to cover grass clippings, shrubs, tree limbs, and other yard debris us home owners put of each week during the summer months. Are yo7u suggesting we will need to BUY more than one tote I really like other people who likes to spend my money when I am not looking makes me feel all warm inside. Also, your www.tocny.com does not exist it is a advertisement site that has noting about this tote information therefore stop blowing smoke over the towns people. I will make a point to be at the next meeting.