Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Airport owners seek buyer

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    From an old Business First article-

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...4/daily21.html

The sales price seems to be incorrect. County records and another Business First article have it as $940,000

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/b...05175492998291
    Quote Originally Posted by icingtheory
    Hi Steve...

Number of aircraft is incorrect. Based on FAA documention, correct number is 37.
    If anyone has ever had the occasion of having first hand knowledge about a story that later appears in the media....it's only then that you realize how inaccurate reporting is. And, it's not infrequent.

This is typical; at least now it is spot lighted directly from Tom Geles himself how inaccurate his information is. The inaccurate information is standard for the Lancaster Airport in order to justify obtaining all the funding they got. If they were to actually use the data, they would not have been able to qualify for all that money.

You know the article did not include the 3 IDA's they received with employing 0 people.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    If anyone has ever had the occasion of having first hand knowledge about a story that later appears in the media....it's only then that you realize how inaccurate reporting is. And, it's not infrequent.
    hahah - kind of like in Florida right now.... I do know what you mean, I have seen it too.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Number of aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Hi Steve...

Number of aircraft is incorrect. Based on FAA documention, correct number is 37.
    Hi ichingtheory, I can only tell you that's what the owner told me. I can't say where the FAA got their information, but that's the information I received from the owner.

Best,
    Steve

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why would the FAA need to know how many airplanes are stored at the airport? Wouldn't traffic usage be more important? Take offs/landings?

You might have 37 airplanes that are antiques that take off rarely...

Seriously how does anyone justify 10 mil of federal money for so few planes?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    gorja: My article used the $940,000 figure as well, so I'm not sure what incorrect sales price you're referring to, but it appeared correctly in the article.

therising: I strive to be as accurate as possible in my reporting. If I make a mistake, I correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Watson View Post
    gorja: My article used the $940,000 figure as well, so I'm not sure what incorrect sales price you're referring to, but it appeared correctly in the article.

therising: I strive to be as accurate as possible in my reporting. If I make a mistake, I correct it.
    The Business First article had the incorrect sales price. I was just pointing out that they had the correct acreage but the wrong sales price. Sorry for the confusion

Georgia L Schlager

Hi Steve,

Tell you what, we have any and all official documents that you may require for a future article. Just ask for Kevin L at any town board meeting. In regards to number of aircraft, the FAA total is noted on a FAA document titled "Reliever Airports with less than minimum activity" dated April 2011. Copy of which is available with Town of Lancaster provided by me. Please note we have uncovered numberous times where airport has inflated or changed facts depending on whom the audience is.

Number of take off and landings are also inflated along with transient aircraft numbers. If numbers that the airport (honor system) were correct, this airport would have 1/3 the traffic as BNIA. BQR has claimed in the past 30,000 take and landings and 15,000 transient air craft.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    Hi Steve,

Tell you what, we have any and all official documents that you may require for a future article. Just ask for Kevin L at any town board meeting. In regards to number of aircraft, the FAA total is noted on a FAA document titled "Reliever Airports with less than minimum activity" dated April 2011. Copy of which is available with Town of Lancaster provided by me. Please note we have uncovered numberous times where airport has inflated or changed facts depending on whom the audience is.
    Facts will get you nowhere in Lancaster, KevinL. People are more apt to believe the airport owner who has the backing of the FFA and the backing of the old Town Board.

Wern't you told by the FFA that some of the facts you presented them were contrary to what the owner presented but that the owner's incorrect information was collaborated by the town in their approval of the master plan and all the permits they received which violated the Special Use permit conndition (1989) that the airport was to grow by no more than 25%.

Would the Lancaster airport lose their reliever airport designation if they did not have at least 25,000 annual itinerant operations since they have less than 100 aircraft based there?

Georgia L Schlager

[QUOTE=Lee Chowaniec;902886]Facts will get you nowhere in Lancaster, KevinL. People are more apt to believe the airport owner who has the backing of the FFA and the backing of the old Town Board. Very true Lee....

The master plan to this day was never approved by the town board...

Great minds think alike gorja! We have already approached the FAA regarding BQR reliever status and were told BQR keeps it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Watson View Post
    I wasn't referring to you specifically, but that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    Great minds think alike gorja! We have already approached the FAA regarding BQR reliever status and were told BQR keeps it.
    They keep their reliever airport status when they don't fall within the guidelines for a reliever airport with the FAA. They receive IDA incentives when they don't fall within the LIDA's mission statement criteria for job creation. They receive a reduction on their property assessment on land purchased with taxpayer dollars. They had several expansions with out a public hearing, yet the owner complains of high taxes and strict regulations.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information