Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
I'm not a fan of John, never have been...HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you should just vote no for the school budget because you have a distaste for John, that makes you no better than him for taking away the extra polling places.

You guys hope that if we vote a school budget down enough times the school district will magically have higher test scores which is pretty much the only way student performance is measured these days. Guess what, you are in a dream world, we are a city school district with all the challenges that entails, we will never have the same student performance of a Hamburg or Orchard Park district. I have done a fair amount of research on school rankings and the higher the school's rankings the richer the households in the district are.

The reality is that you keep voting down the budget and school resources are taken away. You will lose after school activities (which barely exist in this district as it is), and you lose teachers which mean higher class sizes, which will give each student even less attention...then there is always the chance that things like Pre-K and kindergarten get cut which are truly wonderful programs in our district so you are hurting the kids further by denying them of the excellent educational start that they get in these programs.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work. I personally feel that change from within is more effective. How many of you on this board (posters or lurkers) are parents that actually have kids/grandkids enrolled in the district? Why don't you take in a PTA meeting? You can meet the principals and talk to some involved parents who not only care about our kids but care about your kids too. You can see everything in the schools that are going right rather than everything you perceive as wrong with the school board. We are happy to brag about everything that was accomplished this year.

When a school board sees an organized and thoughtful parent group who can go in front of them and discuss actual concrete issues we want to see changed and how we believe that change can be established then I think that's when you start to see change. You are not going to see change by voting down budget after budget out of spite.

I will be voting yes on our budget this year and I will do everything I can to persuade everyone I encounter to vote yes as well because a vote no is a vote against the kids no matter how you spin it.

So you believe giving that board with the people who are on it now, 44 millions dollars that things will change in test scores? Not a chance! More Friends and Family will get jobs, watch! Vote Yes and see how many people get jobs. Vote no they are unable to hire friends and family, they lose support like john is and there off that board. Jenrose we need to run these crooks out of town and get people who want to help the children in there. Not people who play tit for tat, support me il give your family member a job. They are crooked, i wouldnt trust them with 100 dollars let alone 44 million to play with.