Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna School Board Shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    He is in the union now, with benefits. So now a former $70 a day job now costs us a full year salary and benefits, figure about $70,000 per year...and Lisa Friend oooooowwwwwwweeeeesssss john john. Of course, this was all recommended by the Stuperintendent!
    Since the former employee of this job "served at the pleasure of the board" the union membership for Mr. Friend was made so that when a new board took over they couldn't get rid of him. Saving money? Talk is cheap and actions are always louder than words!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    she has only so much time to get it after you are hired, hopefully she will unlike other people!
    That not true. Your stupidity stands out. Lies and more lies. The person who held the job was terminated because her certification in attendance expired. You know damn well that the attendance certification is no longer offered. It would be impossible for anyone to get an attendance certification. The termination of that employee was a simple a ploy to get a job for the daughter of school board member Gambino. It stinks to the high heavens of cronism and nepotism. It makes no difference if she is working on a master since according to JOHN JOHN she won't be certified in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Are you implying that the sub clerk and Mingarelli were partners? Really? Before you start those kind of rumors you had better have your facts straight. You see people get sued for less.
    Can you not comprehend, you are a educator yourself, she was connected to mingarellli thats how she got her job way back when, she probably not a cheeerleader, probably doesnt play tennis or swim in the park

GAMBINO's daughter doesn't have a masters, she's working under the guidance of Building Principal, get your facts straight. Your thinking is wrong. Excuse, Excuse trying to justify the hiring of family/friends are you, grasping at straws are you. Another thing Lackawanna #1, and those others that post on this site, when all else fails and you have nothing of importance to share you attack Andrea, that is such a lack of complete development.
    Excuse my ignorance, i believe you have to have your masters in so much time after you graduate from college on nys. maybe that was it.

That not true. Your stupidity stands out. Lies and more lies. The person who held the job was terminated because her certification in attendance expired. You know damn well that the attendance certification is no longer offered. It would be impossible for anyone to get an attendance certification. The termination of that employee was a simple a ploy to get a job for the daughter of school board member Gambino. It stinks to the high heavens of cronism and nepotism. It makes no difference if she is working on a master since according to JOHN JOHN she won't be certified in attendance.
    after ten years the person most certainly would have tenure,and you say they were fired,why would they not bump back into another job that they were certified in, where is your union on this, hmmmmm. why would they not be suing for wrongful termination?

I think your family has gotten enough out of the payroll of Lackawanna over the years,holy bajeeeeepers.If Cronism and nepotism were crimes there woulnt be enough room for some families in the holding center. According to you people, they create so many jobs ,why would they need to get rid of someone to hire a friend or family.

Lets get things straight Lackawanna #1

I going to attempt to answer all your dribble at one time.

First of all, I have never ever worked one minute in the public sector in my life. I am recently retired from a management position after 40+ years in the private sector with a company that does 97 billion dollars per year in sales annually. During my time in the private sector we took a company that was 189 largest to the number one position in the country. My spouse and 3 children proudly work in the private sector also. So I do not owe anyone anything, got it. This unlike some other people that owe their very existence to some political hack, got it. Now who owes what to whom.

Secondly, we were talking about nepotism and cronism. I do not believe that Mingarelli was ever a Board member so what is your point. It is my understanding that the former sub clerk was hired through a POSTING of the POSITION. I realize that in todays world being hired by the Lackawanna School Board off the street is virtually impossible. I will contact my sources to verify this statement and get back to you.

Thirdly, it is my understanding that the former attendance teacher did apply for the English teaching position at the Middle School but the position was given to GREG STANISZEWSKI brother of Dave and a good friend of John John. He was right out of college. Sounds like more nepotism to me. It is my understanding that she worked within the district for more than 10 years but some of the time was part time and therefore did not have the tenured time. I have known this person and family for the past 30 years.

Fourthly, go to the website that Bluethunder posted and see the percentage of how many teachers have their masters and are still employed by the Lackawanna School System. NOT MANY!
    Last edited by getalife123; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

Post Well......

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Kinda ironic that Judge Nemoyer has a relative who just so happens to be a teacher in the Lackawanna Schools.
    I have been thinking about this......Is it True??!!??
    Who put them on---and when, if this is a fact?

There is a name for this isn't there?

If true, No wonder they ALL sat on their thrones so smugly at last Wednesday's BOE meeting......I hope there is no wrong-doing that was done.

Post Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    geta'miserablevindictive'life123 is clueless. Do you have any idea how many aides are required by law? Do you have any idea what is mandated in the budget? Do you know who's responsible for the current superintendent and teacher contract? NO YOU DON"T.

You obviously know....so please share with the rest of us. Just the facts please.

I do know this.....
    Today's Front Page states we are voting on a $45,300,000 Lackawanna School District 2012/13' School Budget on May 15, 2012.
    A somewhat slight increase from last year but never the less an INCREASE is an increase.
    Very small tax increase for homeowners and businesses because it is an ELECTION YEAR for the dynamic duo.......so they think Joe and Jane Public will not notice because it is only appr. 1%.

REALITY CHECK!
    On page 9 of The Front Page the "Team" tells it all!
    " Over the past TWO years, we voted to eliminate the following position:
    19 teachers
    1 Central Administrator
    13 preferred teaching substitutes
    3 teacher aides
    1 school nurse
    1 clerical position
    3 monitors
    3 cleaners
    and 5 maintenance/custodial jobs . "
    " These cuts, along with reductions in a few other areas, resulted in a combined savings of $2,710,000. for the District. "

?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ???

Post More " Double Talk".........AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    You obviously know....so please share with the rest of us. Just the facts please.

I do know this.....
    Today's Front Page states we are voting on a $45,300,000 Lackawanna School District 2012/13' School Budget on May 15, 2012.
    A somewhat slight increase from last year but never the less an INCREASE is an increase.
    Very small tax increase for homeowners and businesses because it is an ELECTION YEAR for the dynamic duo.......so they think Joe and Jane Public will not notice because it is only appr. 1%.

REALITY CHECK!
    19 teachers
    1 Central Administrator
    3 teacher aides
    1 school nurse
    1 clerical position
    3 monitors
    3 cleaners
    " These cuts, along with reductions in a few other areas, resulted in a combined savings of $2,710,000. for the District. "

August 4, Purpose of meeting: Personnel2011
    Lackawanna City School District’s
    BOARD OF EDUCATION
    245 South Shore Blvd.
    Lackawanna, New York 14218
    Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Lackawanna City School District’s Board
    of Education held on Thursday, August 4, 2011 in the Superintendent’s
    Conference Room 202, 245 South Shore Blvd., Lackawanna, New York at
    6:00 P.M.

A) Opening
    Board President, John W. Makeyenko called the Special Meeting to order at
    6:00 P.M.
    ROLL CALL
    BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Motyka, Joyce, Miller, Friend, Sanders,
    and Makeyenko
    ABSENT : Maureen Gambino
    Also present, Nicholas D. Korach, Superintendent of Schools
    Sameh Masry, School Business Official
    Carl Morgan, School Attorney
    1) APPROVE LIFEGUARD FOR AFTER SCHOOL EVENTS
    Motion by Member Joyce, seconded by President Makeyenko upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve
    Ms. Heidi Steckstor as a lifeguard for after school events as prescribed in the 2011-
    2012 Recruitment Bulletin #2 at a rate of compensation of $25.00 per hour.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    ALL IN FAVOR/NONE OPPOSED
    6-0
    APPROVED
    2) APPROVE CREATION/RECALL OF .4 FTE PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
    Motion by Motyka, seconded by Joyce upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to create a .4 FTE Physical Education
    Teacher position for the 2011-2012 school year and that Ms. Marisa Mauro be
    Page 2 of 4 August 4, 2011
    recalled and appointed to the position effective September 1, 2011 in accordance
    with Section 0401 of the Lackawanna Teachers Federation contract.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    3) APPROVE MOA-DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
    Motion by Joyce, seconded by Motyka upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve the attached
    Memorandum of Agreement between the Lackawanna City School District and Mr.
    Matthew McKenna, Director of Athletics be ratified by the Board and authority be
    granted to the President of the Board to execute said Memorandum on behalf of the
    School District.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED-attachment #1
    4) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF ATTENDANCE TEACHER
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Joyce upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to appoint
    Mrs. Meagan T. Bender as a probationary School Attendance Teacher in the Special
    Subject Tenure Area of School Attendance effective Thursday, September 1, 2011.
    Mrs. Bender will be assigned to the High School under the direct supervision of Mr.
    Stephen Dimitroff and paid on Step 1 Bachelor Schedule plus graduate hours in
    accordance with the 2011-2012 Lackawanna Teachers Federation Contract.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    5) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) TEACHER AIDES
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Mrs. Friend upon the
    the appointment of 1) Kathleen Joyce and 2) Courtney Daley to two (2) 10-month
    Teacher Aide positions. Both candidates meet the qualifications as outlined in the
    District posting. The effective date of employment for each will be September 1,
    2011. Their salary and benefits will be in accordance with the current CSEA contract.
    On the question, Motyka amended this motion to separate this motion to 5A and 5
    B to be voted on separately, seconded by Miller.
    VOTING ON THE AMENDED MOTION TO SEPARATE
    6-0
    AMENDMENT APPROVED
    5A APPOINTMENT OF KATHLEEN JOYCE/TEACHER AIDE POSITION
    Page 3 of 4 August 4, 2011
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Motyka upon the
    the appointment of Kathleen Joyce to a 10 month Teacher Aide Position. Mrs. Joyce
    meets the qualifications as outlined in the District posting. The effective date of
    employment will be September 1, 2011. Her salary and benefits will be in
    accordance with the current CSEA contract.
    For the Record, Mr. David Joyce stated that Kathleen Joyce is his wife.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    5B APPOINTMENT OF COURTNEY DALEY/TEACHER AIDE POSTION
    Motion by Member Friend, seconded by President Makeyenko upon the
    the appointment of Courtney Daley to a 10 month Teacher Aide Position. Ms. Daley
    meets the qualifications as outlined in the District posting. The effective date of
    employment will be September 1, 2011. Her salary and benefits will be in
    accordance with current CSEA contract.
    Motion amended by Ronald Miller to appoint of Elizabeth Krakowski to this position,
    seconded by Motyka.
    VOTING ON THE AMENDMENT FIRST FOR Mrs. Krakowski
    AYES: Motyka, Miller, Makeyenko
    NAYS: Joyce, Friend, Sanders,
    3-3
    AMENDMENT FAILED
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE ON THE ORGINIAL MOTION OF MS. DALEY

6-0
    APPROVED
    6) APPROVE RECALL OF TEN (10) MONTH EMPLOYEES
    Motion by Joyce, seconded by Motyka upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve the recall of 10-month
    employees to employment for the 2011-2012 school year. Ten-month employees
    include Teacher Aides, Monitors, Head Cook/Assistant Cooks, Food Service Helpers,
    Pre-K Bus Monitors, and the Part-time Sub Registry Clerk.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    7) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF SCIENCE TEACHERMotion by Joyce, seconded by Friend upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to appoint Mrs. Jean Gallo as a
    probationary 7-12 Science Teacher in the Science Tenure Area Effective Thursday,
    September 1, 2011. Mrs. Gallo will be assigned to the High School under the direct
    supervision of Mr. Stephen Dimitroff and paid on Step 1 and in accordance with the
    2011-2012 Lackawanna Teachers Federation contract.
    Page 4 of 4 August 4, 2011
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED

Post By The Way........

I do know this.....

REALITY CHECK!
    19 teachers
    1 Central Administrator
    3 teacher aides
    1 school nurse
    1 clerical position
    3 monitors
    3 cleaners

2012/13' School Budget $45,300,000
    2011/12' "" "" $44,630,000

UP ....ONLY.... $600,700.........For What?

Do your dance, Sam.....and "Play it again"!

Oh yeah.....
    Who was the " 1 Central Administrator " that was " cut " ? What was their job title?

I have been thinking about this......Is it True??!!??
    Who put them on---and when, if this is a fact?

There is a name for this isn't there?

If true, No wonder they ALL sat on their thrones so smugly at last Wednesday's BOE meeting......I hope there is no wrong-doing that was done.
    Yes it is true.

Judge Nemoyer's niece, Judith Nemoyer, is a special education teacher in Martin Rd. Elementary School. Her husband Daniel, is Director of Human Resources at the Erie County Water Authority. She was hired while Makeyenko was on the board as a favor to Judge Nemoyer, cause lets face it-you never know when you might need a favor in return from a sitting judge on the New York State Supreme Court!

So it could be argued that Judge Nemoyer did have a vested interest in this case-one that was worth $61,273 in 2011 alone!

REALITY CHECK!
    19 teachers
    1 Central Administrator
    3 teacher aides
    1 school nurse
    1 clerical position
    3 monitors
    3 cleaners

" These cuts, along with reductions in a few other areas, resulted in a combined savings of $2,710,000. for the District."

The above cuts are bloated, who are you trying to fool. Alot of double talk, info from board minutes. How much savings for the District???????????????????

19 teachers - April 14, 2011 cut 11.2
    June 30, 2011 cut two .4 positions, two .6 positions

Central Admistrator - ?

Preferred subs 13 - reduced daily rate only. You still need subs to cover illness and whatever.

3 teacher aides - 1 opening, 1 retired, 1 fired, you then hired #2 family/friends

1 Nurse - retired

1 clerical - eliminated - recent hire #1

3 monitors - 2 retired, 1? - replacements already lined up

3 cleaners - ? replacements already lined up

5 maintenance - ? some were laid off and called back, others replaced with family/friends

Also look at Andrea's postings from Board minutes for more hires, what a joke. Funny things are happening with our money.

Post Why Not?

The Front Page of the Front Page states that the Frontier PTA is holding a meet the School Board candidate forum.

Why isn't Lackawanna? I sure would love to see all candidates in LA give us a face to face speech on their imminent plans for our failing school district.

Can someone please get a candidates night asap? Frontier is hosting their in the Frontier Educational Center........Lackawanna candidates could too if they have the guts!
    Chamber?

The dynamic duo are right about one thing......WE must cast our vote "for the right team at the right time" We are definitely at a crossroads if there ever was one! I am confident that the people who want to break free from the diabolical family and friends club monopoly are calling in their markers too.......

REALITY CHECK!
    19 teachers
    1 Central Administrator
    3 teacher aides
    1 school nurse
    1 clerical position
    3 monitors
    3 cleaners

" These cuts, along with reductions in a few other areas, resulted in a combined savings of $2,710,000. for the District."

The above cuts are bloated, who are you trying to fool. Alot of double talk, info from board minutes. How much savings for the District???????????????????

19 teachers - April 14, 2011 cut 11.2
    June 30, 2011 cut two .4 positions, two .6 positions

Central Admistrator - ?

Preferred subs 13 - reduced daily rate only. You still need subs to cover illness and whatever.

3 teacher aides - 1 opening, 1 retired, 1 fired, you then hired #2 family/friends

1 Nurse - retired

1 clerical - eliminated - recent hire #1

3 monitors - 2 retired, 1? - replacements already lined up

3 cleaners - ? replacements already lined up

5 maintenance - ? some were laid off and called back, others replaced with family/friends

Also look at Andrea's postings from Board minutes for more hires, what a joke. Funny things are happening with our money.
    More lies form geta'miserablevindictive'life123

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information