Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna School Board Shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    If it's true, it may go down as the DUMBEST political move in the history of Lackawanna Politics. They lost an election BADLY and they retaliate instead of trying to build coalitions. The next two go down next year, and the final two after that. It takes a while, but it is a clean sweep...eventually.

Literal: Does the superintendent have a say in this? If so, Nick the genius goes down as one of the dumbest superintendents in our history. I thought he was striving to be the worst, and he ends up the dumbest? I don't know which is the preferred status for him

Oh yea, and if the rumors are true, DJ, RM and KM can kiss their mayoral hopes goodbye too
    I personally asked Noman, after Monday night's City Council meeting, if it was true that he and Laurent were fired from their positions as LA School Coaches.......
    He said, " Yes, and he has been a COACH since 1989 "...........WELL,

It did NOT last long.......they hired him back last night, with Miller voting, NO.
    Poli-tricks!

Some other political crony guy stood up and hollered to hire Laurent back.....but the BOE said the position was eliminated.
    Poli-tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I personally asked Noman, after Monday night's City Council meeting, if it was true that he and Laurent were fired from their positions as LA School Coaches.......
    He said, " Yes, and he has been a COACH since 1989 "...........WELL,

It did NOT last long.......they hired him back last night, with Miller voting, NO.:rolleyes:
    Poli-tricks!

Some other political crony guy stood up and hollered to hire Laurent back.....but the BOE said the position was eliminated.
    Poli-tricks!
    Like I said earlier...one out going board (June) can vote in or out anything they want...the new board (July) are NOT obligated to do what the old board voted....they can reinstate anything they want....that is typical business with the change of the guards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks, getalife123!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    As of today 7/2/2012 many Job opportunities for the district were finally posted on the Lackawanna School District site. Out in the open for all applicants to view and apply. Not like the #2 SE asst. principal positions, nor that secret Teacher Aide position that Ken's daughter was just hired for on 6/14/12. Do not credit Annette for this, I believe job postings come from the Human Resource Department.
    Off the web today:

Home
    Our District
    Board of Education

The Lackawanna City School District is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:

- Substitute Teacher

- Science Teacher-Chemistry & Physics

- Anticipated Science Teacher-Chemistry & Biology
    - Music Teacher

- ESL Teacher

- Anticipated Long Term ESL Substitute Teacher

- Special Education Teacher (2)

- Special Education Teacher - HS social Studies

- Anticipated Speech Language Pathologist
    - Assistant Varsity Football Coach
    - Jr. Varsity Girls Volleyball Coach
    - Cleaner (4) (Applications available in the Personnel Office)

Teaching, Coaching and Administrative positions: Please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and to review further job posting details
    Non-teaching positions: Please complete an application available from the Personnel Office.
    Please note: Current postings are viewable on the bulletin board outside the Personnel Office at 245 South Shore Blvd.
    LACKAWANNA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

Per Front Page: Lisa Friend for VP of School Board????? Gimme a break....WTF!!! And she even voted for herself....CLASSY!!!

Shocked!!!!!!!!!!!

I was shocked to read that the School Board passed a "resolution" (OH BOY) objecting to the tax shift in the July 18, 2012 Front Page. Are these not the same people who stuck the taxpayers for the cost of hiring Family and Friends. Are these not the same people that not only hired family members but gave them increased wages and BENEFITS. Where in the hell did they think the money came from in the first place. Maybe the MAGIC MONEY TREE. It did not seem to bother them before.

I’m sure President Miller and Vice President Friend can explain this to us how hiring their wife, daughter and husband did not magically increase my taxes. I’m sure Moytka and Joyce can also join in with the choir. Seems that these guys want us to believe that their past transgressions never effected the taxpayer. What planet did you guys come from? Maybe they will do the right thing now and reduce the cost of the School District by cutting staff. I’m not holding my breath.

It seems that we need to take a closer look at the total cost (Wages and Benefits) that these guys stuck the taxpayers for their hires of family and friends. I'm sure it is not insignificant.

Words and resolutions are cheap baby but their actions will speak volumes. Excuse me now but I need to go out and water my MAGICAL MONEY TREE BEFORE IT DIES.

F-3-APPROVE TEACHER AIDE APPOINTMENT
    Motion was made by President Makeyenko and seconded by Vice President Miller upon the recommendation of
    the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to appoint Karen Motyka, Teacher Aide, commencing July
    1, 2012 and that she be placed on step in accordance with the current Lackawanna City School Unit, Erie
    Educational Local 868 CSEA contract. Ms. Motyka’s probationary period begins July 1, 2012 and will expire
    no less than 52 weeks later as per Board Policy #6310.
    Madam Clerk, Fellow Board Members, Kenneth Motyka stated for the record that he was proud to say that
    Karen Motyka is his daughter.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    ALL IN FAVOR/NONE OPPOSED
    APPROVED

Info from June 14, 2012 BOE minutes

Looks like a newly created TA 12 month position to me, created for BOE member's daughter. I do believe the TA jobs are 10 months. Oh wonder it was such a secret.

F-2-APPROVE BOARD CANVASS-TEACHER AIDE
    Motion was made by David Joyce and seconded by Kenneth Motyka upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve Board Canvass taken on May 17, 2012 to post for a
    vacant teacher aide position.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE
    APPROVED

TA job posted and a hire at the same meeting???????????? Double talk. There was no canvass, the job was a given, who you trying to kid BOE.

June 14, 2012 BOE minutes.

Addition to the above two posts:

The vacant TA position talked about by BOE was regarding a retiree in January which a subsitute filled in until the end June. The position was 10 months just like every TA position in the district.

Hey Annette I see you posted the July BOE minutes, thanks. Unfortunately we cannot view them when clicked.

Still can't view the July BOE minutes Annette. A little less work on the nonsense in the Front Page regarding your campaign. Do that job that you hold now and are getting over $40,000 plus and then some.

Thanks, minutes can be viewed now.

Post Thanks, getalife123! Now an ex. of why people are apathetic,of a poli-trick , and BS!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Thanks, minutes can be viewed now.

Minutes of the REGULAR MEETING of the Lackawanna City School District’s Board of Education held on
    Thursday, July 12, 2012, in the Martin Road Elementary School, 135 Martin Road, Lackawanna, New York at
    7:00 P.M
    *A) OPENING
    Board President, Ronald S. Miller called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
    ROLL CALL
    BOARD MEMBERS Present: Mr. Robert C. Sireika, Mr. Mark E. Kowalski, Mr. Leonard F. Kowalski
    Mr. Kenneth S. Motyka, Mr. David M. Joyce, Mrs. Lisa M. Friend and
    Mr. Ronald S. Miller
    Motion was made by President Miller and seconded by Member Joyce to AMEND Agenda and Add G-10
    Homestead/Non Homestead Resolution.
    Item G-10 was distributed to all Board Members, Superintendent, School Business Official, School Attorney
    and the Board Clerk.

*C) ANNOUNCEMENTS/PRESENTATIONS:

C-2-Public Comment-Limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, maximum of 15 minutes
    Joe DeCenzo- Tax increase and new business coming to Lackawanna, 133 Madison Avenue
    Glen Echeverria- discussion about the elimination of the asst. football coach, 171 Lincroft Road E-

*F) PERSONNEL – NON-PROFESSIONAL

F-3-APPROVE POSTING FOR CLEANERS
    Motion was made by Joyce and seconded by Friend upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools,
    Nicholas D. Korach, to post for four (4) cleaning positions due to vacancies created by retirements. These
    positions are included in the 2012-2013 adopted Budget.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **
    After this meeting I was approached by one of the BOE members who said they "would support me for one of the cleaner positions". They came up to me as I was getting ready to go , I never even considered applying, because .......just because.
    ...... After lengthy pros and cons discussions with my friends, and giving it the benefit of my doubt.......... because I do NOT have health insurance........... I put in for it.....
    I fully realized there had to be some kind of a backyard plot cooking against me.....but I only have a few more years to retirement, so it would have been nice to have health care again.

Needless to say, at the recent August 23 BOE mtg. .....my name was not in the mix.
    Even though, I did think that .....maybe, just maybe I might be given the position just to try and prove to me, and the rest of the world, that the LSD-BOE is a neutral-non-political entity.

I am VERY-OK with not getting a CLEANER slot and am glad that they promoted 2 subs to permanent as it should be.
    I just wonder what their real motives were when they approached me with an offer to support me for a job on July 12.
    Lastly, the LA grapevine told me of another person who was offered one of those "4" spots.......typical LA poli-tricks.
    I wonder.....just how many "offers" are floating around out there between the City-School-LMHA-AND, THE COUNTY?!?

P.S.
    I am only sharing this because it is a prime example of their POLI-TRICKS.........and, I still can't get over the fact that they approached ME with a job offer!
    Any opinions on their motives?

That's strange that they approached you.
    Speaking of strange, did anyone see the news this morning and watch how the Erie County personell comissioner tried explaining how the county executive's brother went from chef to county contracts administrator?

Post That is the way they roll.......and remember........ THEY are from Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by highestpropertytaxes View Post
    That's strange that they approached you.
    Speaking of strange, did anyone see the news this morning and watch how the Erie County personell comissioner tried explaining how the county executive's brother went from chef to county contracts administrator?
    I haven't seen it yet but a friend of mine can't stop laughing!

I remember seeing the brother at his Press Conference rally........... in front of our LA Library, when they announced in "Blue Collar" territory that he was running for County Exec.......he came wearing his chef suit.........and a lot of family pictures were snapped.

Thanks for sharing that info Andrea. It just proves that the BOE runs their own JOB FAIR, employment agency. Then when the hiring takes place it is at the Recommendation of the Stooge, we all know who that is. Maybe that BOE member you were approached by has some dark secrets that they don't want leaked out yet. That would be a motive and my opinion. What family/friend was hired anyway???

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information