Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna School Board Shenanigans

Post Hmmmm......

Last week Thursday June 14, ...." Flag Day " was the monthly meeting of the Lackawanna School Board.....as you know.

Anyone know which BOE's turn came round to hire their "family and friends" member last week? He waited patiently like a good **** *** and voted their way every time since elected------and shut-up on command too.
    Now he got his bone and will continue to vote the way he is told another few years! SAD......"for the children"......who do you all think you are fooling?!?
    Can't wait for the new BOE members to bring a new perspective into the mix!

Where are these jobs posted and when does affirmative action come into play?

I am sooo tired of their poli-trick game at the expense of "The People"! I am NOT saying these girls are not qualified......just that you have to be connected to "get in" and that nepotism breeds incompetence!
    Shame on all the self-serving agendas and ploys of certain people that drag the credibility of Lackawanna Schools down!

Post Help!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Last week Thursday June 14, ...." Flag Day " was the monthly meeting of the Lackawanna School Board.....as you know.

Anyone know which BOE's turn came round to hire their "family and friends" member last week? He waited patiently like a good **** *** and voted their way every time since elected------and shut-up on command too.
    Now he got his bone and will continue to vote the way he is told another few years! SAD......"for the children"......who do you all think you are fooling?!?

I am sooo tired of their poli-trick game at the expense of "The People"! I am NOT saying these girls are not qualified......just that you have to be connected to "get in" and that nepotism breeds incompetence!
    Shame on all the self-serving agendas and ploys of certain people that drag the credibility of Lackawanna Schools down!
    I got another one...................

Anyone know how much our school tax bills are going up , ( October the billing month, I believe ), since last year? The percentage? The bottom line for say a home assessed at $50,000?

Interesting stuff........

Would that hire be Karen Motyka?, daughter of present board member Ken & Sue present teacher aide, if so I told you so. Shame on you. What was wrong with the subsitute Vickie Selvaggio that was filling in the vacant position since January when the permnament teacher aide retired? What an insult to that women. Did the board hire Motyka now because they needed the votes before July 1st and the reorganizational meeting for new business for September. If this is all true, what scumbags. By the way Nick your the worst failure of them all, just keep padding your pension.

Post Nepotism! Why don't they all just use it for their election platforms and be HONEST?!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Would that hire be Karen Motyka?, daughter of present board member Ken & Sue present teacher aide, if so I told you so. Shame on you. What was wrong with the subsitute Vickie Selvaggio that was filling in the vacant position since January when the permnament teacher aide retired? What an insult to that women. Did the board hire Motyka now because they needed the votes before July 1st and the reorganizational meeting for new business for September. If this is all true, what scumbags. By the way Nick your the worst failure of them all, just keep padding your pension.
    Off The Lackawanna School WEB Page: Job Opportunities: CURRENT POSTINGS:

Home
    Our District
    Board of Education
    Academics
    Departments & Services
    Employment
    Our Community
    Calendar
    Job Opportunities

Job Opportunities

Current Postings

Lackawanna City School District
    Employment
    Job Opportunities
    Current Postings

Last Modified on May 21, 2012
    ************************************************** **********************************************

As you can see .......NO posted openings and LAST Modified on May 21, 2012

A BOE's FAMILY MEMBER was hired JUNE 14, 2012 at the BOE regularly schduled BOE monthly meeting.

What gives??!!??
    Fairness?

Credentials?

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!

Dump the scumbags

Off The Lackawanna School WEB Page: Job Opportunities: CURRENT POSTINGS:

Home
    Our District
    Board of Education
    Academics
    Departments & Services
    Employment
    Our Community
    Calendar
    Job Opportunities

Job Opportunities

Current Postings

Employment
    Job Opportunities
    Current Postings

Last Modified on May 21, 2012
    ************************************************** **********************************************

As you can see .......NO posted openings and LAST Modified on May 21, 2012

A BOE's FAMILY MEMBER was hired JUNE 14, 2012 at the BOE regularly schduled BOE monthly meeting.

What gives??!!??
    Fairness?

Credentials?

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!
    This is the reason why the voters in Lackawanna dumped the last two Board members. Time to clean out the rest of the bums. Just another slap in the face to the TAXPAYERS. We won't forget and you can bet your last dollar that these jerks will be gone too. I hope the next board makes the cuts to the over staffed positions and gets the rates where they should be by cleaning house. This board needs to get the staffing back to the position that fills the needs of the reduced enrollment. Other districts are cutting even though their budgets passed. In today's economy that is the right thing to do. Here is one for all you people that voted for the budget...pay up and shut up. Thought you were doing this for the kids right. I hope that this is what you think will increase the ratings for the Lackawanna School district. These board members should NEVER say that they are doing it for the children. It is only about what they can do for themselves, their families or their friends.

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

Plotters and ...........!

The LA grapevine is telling us that a certain BOE member is planning a BIG comeback.....................because someone is..........

12"The wicked plotteth against the just,
    and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
    The Lord shall laugh at him:
    for he seeth that his day is coming.
    "

Bring it on!
    The People " are plotting themselves........the only difference is, is that it is for the sake of righteousness-----NOT evil self-serving deals!

"16 Better the little that the righteous have
    than the wealth of many wicked;
    17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
    but the Lord upholds the righteous."

Post History.........Come on BOE! It is the LAW!

Home
    Our District
    Board of Education
    Academics
    Departments & Services
    Employment
    Our Community
    Calendar
    Board of Education Meeting Info
    Overview
    BOE Schedules
    BOE Minutes ('11-'12 School Year)
    BOE Minutes ('10-'11 School Year)
    BOE Minutes ('09-'10 School Year)

Board of Education
    Board of Education Meeting Info
    BOE Minutes ('11-'12 School Year)

Board of Education Minutes

2011-2012

Minutes from the Board of Education meetings will be posted monthly following Board approval. Please click on the link below to review the appropriate minutes.

July 5, 2011 - Reorganization Meeting
    July 28, 2011 - Regular Meeting

August 4, 2011 - Special Meeting
    (Please note, the purpose of the meeting was corrected. Actual meeting information was not altered.)
    August 25, 2011 - Regular Meeting
    September 15, 2011 - Regular Meeting
    October 13, 2011 - Regular Meeting
    November 17, 2011 - Regular Meeting
    December 15, 2012 - Regular Meeting
    January 12, 2012 - Regular Meeting
    January 19, 2012 - Regular Meeting
    February 16, 2012 - Regular Meeting
    March 15, 2012 - Regular Meeting
    March 28, 2012 - Special Meeting
    April 17, 2012 - Special Meeting
    April 25, 2012 - Regular Meeting

Last Modified on May 17, 2012

************************************************** **************************

I understand June is a very busy month.......but it is JUNE 22, 2012....................TWO months later and I am sure the BOE approved the MAY meetings........unless, something is ...................

Why aren't May 2012 meetings posted yet??!!??
    It is almost July! People want to read what the BOE did or better yet.....did NOT do!

Thank You!

TIME FOR A NEW BOARD CLERK

Hey Annette, too busy campaigning for the 2nd ward council seat to get the Board minutes up to date? Don't you do collect a salary and benefits around $40,000 plus from the Lackawanna School District to do a certain job? Well then do your job. On the other hand, the Board Clerk position is appointed every year and who knows you may get axed next. Doesn't seem that you can multi-task very well.

TIME FOR A NEW BOARD CLERK

Hey Annette, too busy campaigning for the 2nd ward council seat to get the Board minutes up to date? Don't you do collect a salary and benefits around $40,000 plus from the Lackawanna School District to do a certain job? Well then do your job. On the other hand, the Board Clerk position is appointed every year and who knows you may get axed next. Doesn't seem that you can multi-task very well.
    Remember Annette works for the BOE and THEY may have told her to delay getting those minutes out for their own reason. BEST approach is to complain to the BOE. After all people voted them into the Board . I sure hope those new board members are reading and listening to what the PEOPLE want!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Remember Annette works for the BOE and THEY may have told her to delay getting those minutes out for their own reason. BEST approach is to complain to the BOE. After all people voted them into the Board . I sure hope those new board members are reading and listening to what the PEOPLE want!
    I still can't believe a /the BOE Clerk also wants to be a Councilmember!

Literal, you talked about "community involvement" before.........and before this year she NEVER came to City Council meetings regarding community issues/blight/druggies,etc. ..... I realize people do whatever, change all the time.......but................

School BOE Clerk is a pretty demanding position I take, because the pay is $40,000/yr.......right? Evenings and all......the switches/elections, etc.

So I wonder what's really up.........
    Especially at 60+, she has been involved in poli-tricks well over 10 years now, ........people have been watching, and you would be surprised who knows what's going on!

I know I am looking forward to rocking on my porch while sipping my tea and picking my battles!

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post

You have a valid point!

It is the BOE, so that is extra suspectious.......but.......I would hate to be such a **** **** for a political favor.

Annette lives in the 2nd ward and those complaints/concerns should be given to her DIRECTLY! MANY people should be concerned. Lackawanna needs NEW faces with NO CONNECTIONS; NOT RE-THREADS!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First of all the BOE is a part of the Lackawanna School District. The clerk's pay comes directly from tax dollars therefore she IS an employee of the Lackawanna School District and responsible for meeting the needs of the citzens and not the Board. The Board DOES NOT PAY HER, it is our tax dollars. Here is the example, Judy works for IBM and here direct supervisor is Sally. Judy gets paid by IBM and therefore is employed by IBM and not Sally. Any other way of looking at this situation is asinine.

The BOE is not a private enterprise. They are elected to do what is in the best interest of the citizens of this fair city. Their personal interests are just that and should remain out of the public position in which they hold. If they want to be masters of their own fate then they can start their own school and they can run it anyway that they please. Since that is not the case, they need to understand that they MUST follow certain rules and are TOTALLY responsible to they citizens and the children within the district.

URBAN thesaurus for politricks: Off the web......
    politics more...

1. politricks

" Politricks is the word "politics" altered to convey the empty-campaign promises often experienced after politicians get elected. "

"Read my lips...No new taxes"
    "I did not have sex with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky"

" Politricks sums up the vast difference of how politicians seem when they campaign versus when they reign. "

2. politricks

" originally a Jamacian term meaning exactly what it sounds like--politicians tricking the public and playing games. (I won't name names here since I think this site should be for definitions, not opinions, but I'm sure some will come to mind) "

sort of like "downpressor" instead of oppressor
    or "****stem" instead of "system"

Bob Marley used these terms, along with countless other reggae artists.
    "babylon can't fool I wit it's bloodsucking thieves murders and politricks"

3. politricks

" ..... tricks done by politicians and/or their pals to fool the public into believing that they are ethical, accountable and transparent. They are the ones pimping the people and projects for patronage. "

" That mayor thinks he can fool us with his politricks, we know he spent the money on a second home in France. "

Or their new porch in.....................

First of all the BOE is a part of the Lackawanna School District. The clerk's pay comes directly from tax dollars therefore she IS an employee of the Lackawanna School District and responsible for meeting the needs of the citizens and not the Board. The Board DOES NOT PAY HER, it is our tax dollars. Here is the example, Judy works for IBM and here direct supervisor is Sally. Judy gets paid by IBM and therefore is employed by IBM and not Sally. Any other way of looking at this situation is asinine.

The BOE is not a private enterprise. They are elected to do what is in the best interest of the citizens of this fair city. Their personal interests are just that and should remain out of the public position in which they hold. If they want to be masters of their own fate then they can start their own school and they can run it anyway that they please. Since that is not the case, they need to understand that they MUST follow certain rules and are TOTALLY responsible to they citizens and the children within the district.
    Exactly! They could go start their own Charter School and become a BOE member on it for life (once on,they can stay forever--NO ELECTIONS for them). Strange huh......seeing it is ALL Public Funds! And Literal....how and why is a Charter School established in a community?

I always wondered why some people kept/thought of the Lackawanna BOE and clerk as an "island unto itself".........

Buffalo BOE gets paid and Lackawanna BOE does NOT, and we are both cities........Interesting isn't that?!? Noblesse oblige?

Even though I again have hope since the girls left office that "we, the people" stand a chance--with the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!

JULY 5, 2012 ------Re-organizational meeting of Lackawanna BOE!

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information