Thread: John Stossel Fox Business 01-21-10 'Green Jobs' 4 of 5

Tony Fracasso - Admin

John Stossel Fox Business 01-21-10 'Green Jobs' 4 of 5

John Stossel Fox Business 01-21-10 'Green Jobs' 4 of 5

Maybe they should just scrap the metro rail

Soooo, Mr. Chief Cat Wrangler, you know this stuff, I know this stuff, and most Americans know this stuff BUT the only one who doesn’t know this stuff is Washington DC Oh wait ! They do know this stuff too they, just think we are all dumb people.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I didn't have to watch the whole thing to know that the premise was seriously flawed. The Cato institute is notorious for "small government" type tactics. Incidentally then why don't we privatize the construction and plowing and trafficking on roads. For bus stance the first stretch of main street could be purchased and toll booths erected, from bailey to harlem. Then another set of toll booths could be erected and so on. The payments could all be made via RFID technology. Sounds like a great plan. The 33 ought to bring in a valuable cash prize. Seriously. I take the train every day and it is hardly empty. Each morning there are at least 90 pass. on the train I take as well as the return train. Finally, the bus could be more efficient, but the problem with buses is that they are subject to traffic.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I didn't have to watch the whole thing to know that the premise was seriously flawed. The Cato institute is notorious for "small government" type tactics.
    And what is wrong with that? The train may not be empty when you are on it but what about the rest of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    I didn't have to watch the whole thing to know that the premise was seriously flawed. The Cato institute is notorious for "small government" type tactics. Incidentally then why don't we privatize the construction and plowing and trafficking on roads. For bus stance the first stretch of main street could be purchased and toll booths erected, from bailey to harlem. Then another set of toll booths could be erected and so on. The payments could all be made via RFID technology. Sounds like a great plan. The 33 ought to bring in a valuable cash prize. Seriously. I take the train every day and it is hardly empty. Each morning there are at least 90 pass. on the train I take as well as the return train. Finally, the bus could be more efficient, but the problem with buses is that they are subject to traffic.
    even if it was totally empty each day you rode it, you'd likely still be advocating for it because it serves your personal needs, regardless of the cost to operate it. I have freinds who wont ge tan EZpass because they believe that the yare helping to keep tollkeeps employed "because they have families". they'd be helping the toll taker people with their own health and career by getting rid of the toll plazes in the first place. Remove "toll taker" as a career path, and maybe that person becomes the next Steve Jobs.

Thread Information