Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffalo Bills make huge historic free agent signing - Mario Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    You guys are so gullible …. In the World of Football (NFL) when a play is sent to a team like the Buffalo Bills its because he is on the way down. A team like the Bills are called has-been teams where all the average players once who all were hot players in their careers are now nothing more than mediocre players.

You will learn a valuable lessen with this new (L’II take your money then move on) type player. The Buffalo Bills is that sucker team who is so disparate they will give any amount of money to make the team look good in the NFL. In all reality … The Buffalo Bills will never win a super bowl, never have a winning team, will always be a small market team.

This newest player Mario Williams … why would such a player want to be playing for the Buffalo Bills … simple no other NFL team were willing to pay his unseen amount of money except for this dumb, stupid team call the Bills. If other teams didn’t think Williams was worth his price except the Bills is the most dumbest move the Bills have ever done in all there years.

I give this Mario Williams one (1) season after which, he will move on. A Hundred Million Dollars, making this a little over a Million per game, a 1 Million per sack he averages 2.5 sacks per game LOL In Los Vegas they called this a suckers bet, and the Buffalo Bills has made the biggest sucker bet of a life time.
    VERY WELL...said!

Well this will make for their argument that Erie County can now kick in 10's of millions for stadium improvements. If the Bills are committed to paying almost a hundred million for a single player than surely us suckers, I mean taxpayers, can foot the bill for some new toilets at the Ralph.

You guys are so gullible …. In the World of Football (NFL) when a play is sent to a team like the Buffalo Bills its because he is on the way down. A team like the Bills are called has-been teams where all the average players once who all were hot players in their careers are now nothing more than mediocre players.

You will learn a valuable lessen with this new (L’II take your money then move on) type player. The Buffalo Bills is that sucker team who is so disparate they will give any amount of money to make the team look good in the NFL. In all reality … The Buffalo Bills will never win a super bowl, never have a winning team, will always be a small market team.

This newest player Mario Williams … why would such a player want to be playing for the Buffalo Bills … simple no other NFL team were willing to pay his unseen amount of money except for this dumb, stupid team call the Bills. If other teams didn’t think Williams was worth his price except the Bills is the most dumbest move the Bills have ever done in all there years.

I give this Mario Williams one (1) season after which, he will move on. A Hundred Million Dollars, making this a little over a Million per game, a 1 Million per sack he averages 2.5 sacks per game LOL In Los Vegas they called this a suckers bet, and the Buffalo Bills has made the biggest sucker bet of a life time.

I sense a bitter man.....
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I can't help but think Super Mario will be hurt in the first preseason game and then be out for the rest of the season. I know very pessimistic but this is the Buffalo Bills. The only team to go to the super bowl 4 straight yrs and lose all four. The media seems to leave out of all the hype that Mario missed most of last season with a injury. I sure hope he gives us something to watch for all the money we taxpayers pay to the Bills organization.

After the 90's run the Buffalo Bills under owner Ralph Wilson has and will ONLY be an investment to him and I will tell you why.

When they fired Bill Polian who was the mastermind behind the Bills claim to fame 4 superbowls there wasn't a salary cap.

Ralph spent money in signing big name players as an investment but he planned on winning a Title too. When that didn't happen and a salary cap moved in the Bills never got another Franchise QB after Kelly for their team and never maneuvered thru moving up in draft or trades to get one. When ever a team doesn't draft or pick up thru free agency top off and def lineman they aren't trying to win a championship.

Now with this new signing it's just one player, the same way they did Bruce Smith and surrounded him with aging or fringe players on the d-line.

What the Bills do is instead of going for multiple players at the same time they get one and pay him well and fool the naive fans they they are spending money and you as fans should too. It's called marketing 101 ! Go after a big name and a lot of no name fans will follow.

One of the strategies of the Bills is to over pay marginal players who'll be ecstatic over the contract( and never ask for a big payday) they received because they were nothing more that back up material that being paid less that good starters but more than backups.

They like to take gambles on injured players like thurman thomas because sometimes it pays off., But more than likely it's the name they are looking for. James Lofton, Leonard Smith, Bryce Paup, Terrell Owens etc.... come to mind among others.

The team lost me when after the 1990 Superbowl against the NY Giants where an 34 yr old running back OJ Anderson just ran over us with Kazoo (Kelso) anchoring a defense at safety. They never went for an upgrade on the D-Line to help Bruce Smith who was consistently being doubled and sometime triple teamed. That told me they just went for the offense with Kelly Reed & Thomas and kept selling tickets with the excitement approach until teams learned how to stop it.

EverYsince the 90's Ralph Wilson and his money management guys have raped the fans with mediocre teams that never had a big name coach come in or a franchise QB. These are signs that they never intended on winning big again, always going for re-tread coach's or has been ball players with big names.

Buffalo is a team that the rest of the league see's a a junior market team along with the Sabres.

I watched and followed the Sabres in the 70's with Perreault , Martin , Robert, Korab , Shoenfeld etc... Notice they never assembled that type of talent again, nothing but hard working muckers , but we will always get a top goalies from somewhere. There is a salary cap in hockey so you all have the same amount of money to pay players, why can't the Sabres assemble a team that can boast a top winger or Centermen on the team ?

Thank you sir, the people here are emotionally unstable of their hometown pro sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by fp2206 View Post
    I can't help but think Super Mario will be hurt in the first preseason game and then be out for the rest of the season. I know very pessimistic but this is the Buffalo Bills. The only team to go to the super bowl 4 straight yrs and lose all four. The media seems to leave out of all the hype that Mario missed most of last season with a injury. I sure hope he gives us something to watch for all the money we taxpayers pay to the Bills organization.
    The bills lost those in the middle of a run in which the NFC win 13 straight, and 15 out of 16. The NFC was very dominant in that 15 yr time period. It sucked, it is what it is
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Not positive but I think with the new TV contract, rookie and salary cap...running an NFL team at a profit is built in.
    QFT. Next year the new tv contract is expected to raise the salary cap significantly, so the teams will be getting lots of extra $$$ just from TVs.

The Bills are having extra hours today for people wanting to buy season tix. They sold something like 1,000 new seasons and had another 1,000 renewals in the 24 hours following the signing of Super Mario.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    They never went for an upgrade on the D-Line to help Bruce Smith who was consistently being doubled and sometime triple teamed. That told me they just went for the offense with Kelly Reed & Thomas and kept selling tickets with the excitement approach until teams learned how to stop it.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. From 95-2000 we had a top 10 defense (Actually, in 1995 we were 13th). From 98-200 a top 5 D. in 1999 or 2000 or both we had the top ranked D in the NFL
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong. From 95-2000 we had a top 10 defense (Actually, in 1995 we were 13th). From 98-200 a top 5 D. in 1999 or 2000 or both we had the top ranked D in the NFL
    Hip kat I said D-LINE, Marv Levy's mantra was run and stop the run, they NEVER upgraded the D-LINE to be able to do just that. They may have have got turnovers and improved their defensive rankings, but they never sniffed a chance at winning a ring since 1990.

The years you mentioned above by then teams knew how to stop Kelly & Company. By letting them catch the ball and punish them. Washington Redskins in the title game showed the world how to.

Hip kat
    Why do so many people have the most difficult time writing something so simple as my nickname..... HipKat.

Not Hip kat, Hipcat, hip cat, etc etc.....
    HipKat's Blog

I like how we got a bunch of know it all successful at nothing businessmen in this thread teling us all how it should be done.... dreamers, nothing but a dreamer.... dream on.

If ya'll are trying to impress anyone - you failed.

How many millions have you managed this year mr big shot know it alls?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thank you sir, the people here are emotionally unstable of their hometown pro sports teams.
    I agree, you are. you just showed that with your last post. hahahahahahahahaha

PS - you missed the best Sabre ever - Danny Gare, in your list of Sabres.

if they can spend that kind of money on one player they can afford to pay for their own stadium and improvements
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information