Thread: Congratulations, Sheila Meegan!

Congratulations, Sheila Meegan!

Congratulations to Sheila Meegan - the next Supervisor of the Town of West Seneca!
    Impossible is an opinion.

Does anyone else think that Sheila is in over her head?! Many items that she voted on when a councilperson have come back to bite her. Either she was out to lunch when these agenda items came up and she didn't know what she was voting on or she doesn't know squat! I have a feeling she is going to have a hard 4 years justifying her actions over her time spent as a councilperson and now as a supervisor. Maybe she thought this was going to be a cake walk and guess what - it isn't. Putting in a veterans walk is a good publicity stunt but it doesn't run the government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can you give an example of the items you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Can you give an example of the items you are referring to?

Read today's Buffalo News or last week's W.S. Bee.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Town board still in hot water after sewer debacle

Updated: February 28, 2012, 9:31 AM

Hollywood, Fla., and West Seneca, N.Y.

They might be a thousand miles apart in geography and climate, but they have one unusual trait in common, according to area real estate agents: They're the only towns in the United States requiring a Certificate of Occupancy prior to a transfer of property.

Minutes after agents successfully arm-twisted the West Seneca Town Board into rescinding a controversial ordinance that — for 58 days — required the replacement of sewer lines between older homes and the street at sale, attention turned to the Certificate of Occupancy.

The certificate, town officials argue, is in the best interest of prospective buyers — for both safety and information's sake. A $100 fee to the town gets the property certified by a town inspector who makes sure the home is not only habitable and safe but up to town code.
    Read the Full Article in the Buffalo News

The certificate, town officials argue, is in the best interest of prospective buyers — for both safety and information's sake. A $100 fee to the town gets the property certified by a town inspector who makes sure the home is not only habitable and safe but up to town code.
    Over reaching government. Everything in "our" best interests usually cost us money while someone is on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Town board still in hot water after sewer debacle

Read the Full Article in the Buffalo News

Over reaching government. Everything in "our" best interests usually cost us money while someone is on the receiving end.
    Exactly. Wouldn't it more sense to have a mandatory home inspection done when a house is sold? But that wouldn't put money in the town's coffers would it? This is my home and has been since I was born, but they sure don't make it easy to live or stay here. The cost of living in W.S. is becoming impossible. And I do feel sorry for the real estate people who have to make their living selling houses in this town. Why don't they tie one arm behind their backs and cut off the other one!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You have a point there. I have seem our taxes go up too much. I really don't care how many "services" they feel they need to offer. I don't give two craps if someone's cousin or brother-in-law needs a job in local "government".

There are some safety concerns where our "government" could set some rules for but that's about. The buyer should be the one concerned most about their "best interests" not some busy bodies who get elected and feel they know better while "charging" for the service.

Thread Information